PDA

View Full Version : Emergency disk brake help: to anybody with disk brake experience

dacantu
09-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Body with rear disk brake experience please help i am at the junk yard right now as im postkng this message and I have the rear disks removed from the sei but i cant seem to find the 4040 valve that i am supposed to be removing. Statik told me that it is on the passenger shock tower but i cant find it there. If someone can call me immediately even if I dont know you i wouls grately appreciate it! Lol 623.606.6051 daniel

carotman
09-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Follow the front right brake line. It connects to the proportion valve.

dacantu
09-28-2009, 09:51 AM
The brake line on the front passenger wheel?

dacantu
09-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Wonder i couldnt find it! Someone alredy took thatshit! Ugh! Alright sk can anybody tell me whether my brakes on an 89 lx-i will work fine with the proportion valve that came with my lx-i? Incase i cant find the 4040 anywhere else?

Vanilla Sky
09-28-2009, 10:30 AM
There are quite a few running around with the LXi prop valve. Don't sweat it. You'll find one eventually. They pop up on HondaTech quite a bit. I believe the same valve is used on other rear disk, non ABS Hondas.

carotman
09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
I believe the same valve is used on other rear disk, non ABS Hondas.

That's right.

This is probably why it's been taken out already too.

dacantu
09-28-2009, 11:33 AM
That's right.

This is probably why it's been taken out already too.

Thanks carotman and vanilla sky!
I appreciate your guys' help. I'll be on the look out for one of these in the future. For now ill probably keep the brakes off until i find one just to be sure

MessyHonda
09-28-2009, 05:59 PM
you can still run the stock prop valve with disk breaks

dacantu
09-29-2009, 12:35 AM
you can still run the stock prop valve with disk breaks

Thats what I might end up doing. We'll see. I have to look into that, I really dont know much about the set up yet I just know I have me a set of rear disks! lol

So if anybody knows what will happen if I leave it with my stock proportion valve I would appreciate your knowledge. :)

But yeah anythings that you guys know about the whole set up really I wouldnt mind knowing myself. Thanks Messy and everyone!

stat1K
09-29-2009, 06:56 AM
you can get an integra 4040 valve but the bracket doesn't line up... i have one for sale on ebay if you think you need it, and yes you can run the brakes on the 3040 or whateevr the lx-i comes with but 4040 is proper proportioning.

dacantu
09-29-2009, 08:08 AM
you can get an integra 4040 valve but the bracket doesn't line up... i have one for sale on ebay if you think you need it, and yes you can run the brakes on the 3040 or whateevr the lx-i comes with but 4040 is proper proportioning.

Cool do all integras have a 4040? I have easy access to the 2nd gen integras but who knows how easy it is to come by a 3rd gen

russiankid
10-07-2009, 07:11 PM
I run an LX valve with rear disks.

dacantu
10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I run an LX valve with rear disks.

Yeah I'll be using my LX-i one for now. But the problem is finding a set of e-brake cables now. I think theres going to be trouble there. Ive looked around here and there but no one has them I dont think. Anyhow I'll be waiting until another SE-i comes around to pull those off of. maybe even a 4040 if I find one.

LX-incredible
10-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Wonder i couldnt find it! Someone alredy took thatshit! Ugh! Alright sk can anybody tell me whether my brakes on an 89 lx-i will work fine with the proportion valve that came with my lx-i? Incase i cant find the 4040 anywhere else?

It was probably me. Were the lines cut?

dacantu
10-08-2009, 11:34 PM
It was probably me. Were the lines cut?

Yeah they were cut lol. It was at pull a part on 25th and buckeye. was a gray se-i with beat to shit gray interior. lol anyways thanks for leaving the actual brakes and only takking the proportion valve if it was actually you. when will you be up in phoenix with your 3g again?

stat1K
10-09-2009, 03:28 PM
he only has like 4 sets of the brakes, he didn't need em, only the valve.

AccordB20A
10-09-2009, 11:49 PM
if you really get stuck for a prop valve i can do one for like 25 or 30 shipped theres plenty in junkyards here

LX-incredible
10-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah they were cut lol. It was at pull a part on 25th and buckeye. was a gray se-i with beat to shit gray interior. lol anyways thanks for leaving the actual brakes and only takking the proportion valve if it was actually you. when will you be up in phoenix with your 3g again?

Yeah, that car has been there for a while.
Sometime in the next few weeks, either on a saturday or monday.

dacantu
10-10-2009, 07:30 PM
if you really get stuck for a prop valve i can do one for like 25 or 30 shipped theres plenty in junkyards here

Thanks man, I think ill definitely do that. Would you be able to get ahold of both rear e-brake cables? if you can do that for me then i'll definitely throw you the money.

Yeah, that car has been there for a while.
Sometime in the next few weeks, either on a saturday or monday.

We should meet up man, I'm waiting for a set of headers to come in from JUSTANOTHERMIKE i'm also waiting on some New Rota J-MAGS to get in, (who knows when they'll be here). Anyways man if I get my car running the way I want it to by the time you come through we should go to a car show here. They hold it every Saturday night in Scottsdale. Are you coming through to pick up parts or for another reason?

AccordB20A
10-12-2009, 12:36 AM
i dont know if the JDM right hand drive brackets and mounting forthe prop valve and cables are the same as USDM. i have it all tho

dacantu
10-12-2009, 11:10 AM
i dont know if the JDM right hand drive brackets and mounting forthe prop valve and cables are the same as USDM. i have it all tho

Well how much would you want for the prop valve and just the left hand side ebrake cable? I have the right one already. Also if you could send pictures to me in PM or through my email. (Pics of the mounting bracket, of where they mount on the car, and of both ends of the ebrake cable). If you can do that just so I can confirm that they'll bolt up I would appreciate it. I'll send you my email address through PM

LX-incredible
10-12-2009, 02:07 PM

Dr_Snooz
10-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Be sure you get the correct cables. The sedan are longer than the coupe.

Please tell me there is a work around for this.

LX-incredible
10-12-2009, 07:08 PM

I didn't realize honda had stopped selling them. I should've picked up another set or two. It seems that they dropped quite a few brake related parts at the 20 year mark...

Raybestos part # BC94026 and BC94027 work, if you can still find them.

dacantu
10-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Have Long cables. :dunno:

I didn't realize honda had stopped selling them. I should've picked up another set or two. It seems that they dropped quite a few brake related parts at the 20 year mark...

Raybestos part # BC94026 and BC94027 work on the coupes, if you can still find them.

yeah i have the coupe right hand side one. Remember the SE-i at the JY is a coupe. But thanks lx-incredible i hadnt even thought of that. Do you know if tge prop valve is the same from the coupe to the sedan?

LX-incredible
10-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Right, I was posting the info for others.

Prop valve is the same on SE-i coupe and sedan. A 4040 from the DA and DC (I believe) Integra will work the same. The only difference is the bracket, one of the two mounting holes doesn't line up. It could be drilled to match, but isn't necessary, as the one is sufficient.

dacantu
10-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Right, I was posting the info for others.

Prop valve is the same on SE-i coupe and sedan. A 4040 from the DA and DC (I believe) Integra will work the same. The only difference is the bracket, one of the two mounting holes doesn't line up. It could be drilled to match, but isn't necessary, as the one is sufficient.

Cool man youve been a big help bro

Dr_Snooz
10-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Have Long cables. :dunno:

Raybestos part # BC94026 and BC94027 work on the coupes, if you can still find them.

I got my brakes off a sedan for my coupe. If it's just a matter of finding a place to stuff a few extra inches then I'm not going to worry about it. If it's something more than that, well I'll just handle it somehow.

LX-incredible
11-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Be sure you get the correct cables. The sedan are longer than the coupe.

Wrong! I don't know where I got that from on here, but the part numbers are the same between sedan and coupe... At least for everything NOT made by raybestos.

dacantu
11-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Wrong! I don't know where I got that from on here, but the part numbers are the same between sedan and coupe... At least for everything NOT made by raybestos.

Good info to know. Atleast your first theory made some sense. It would make sense that the sedans cables are longer but good info for sure.

stat1K
11-06-2009, 12:15 PM
wow that's weird, maybe when i go back to the junkyard i can get you that cable now daniel? you looked into ordering them through hondapartsnow.com for an 89 sei?

Tomisimo
11-06-2009, 01:09 PM
just get those from rockauto, they cost like 10 backs each, so its not that expensive for a new wires..

stat1K
11-06-2009, 03:56 PM
and have them brake because what rockauto sells is typically useless... DO IT ... but really from hondapartsnow it's like 100 total i think, haven't checked but i know for my civic it was near there... no reason to cheap out on brake parts.

dacantu
11-08-2009, 01:58 PM
and have them brake because what rockauto sells is typically useless... DO IT ... but really from hondapartsnow it's like 100 total i think, haven't checked but i know for my civic it was near there... no reason to cheap out on brake parts.

Sorry Tomisimo, Im really going to have to agree with Statik on this one. How scary would it be if you heard a loud snap one day when you pull the ebrake? lol

And no statik I actually have not checked into hondapartsnow. I really dont know much about these different websites and what reliable, but if you say theyre good i'll take your word for it. only problem is I havent been working lately so I only have savings right now and no money coming in. So im taking it fairly slow right now.