PDA

View Full Version : Tie-Rod ends, do I need a puller?

89AccordNate
10-03-2002, 05:22 PM
In my front overhaul in little over a week, I am going to be doing the tie-rods. Has anyone used non-genuine tie-rod ends and do I REALLY need a puller? The Haynes says I need one, but the haynes also said I needed a spring compressor to do my suspension.....well technically I did need one...but oh well..4 huge dents in the ceiling later, its done.

Puller? Yes/no.

Nate.

YK86
10-03-2002, 06:08 PM
I usually use a $10 pickle fork. They will probably tear up the boot on the tierod but since they are being changed anyways, it doesn't matter.

Also, I always buy Moog suspension stuff including tie rods since they are greaseable. But you need a grease gun to do it.

89AccordNate
10-03-2002, 06:29 PM
The boots are already ripped to hell. I guess I will buy genuine honda stuff since I am ordering sway bar bushings anyway.

Nate.

Dutchboy
10-03-2002, 06:53 PM
a puller will work but a pickle fork will probably be cheaper...
or else use a BFG since you wont be needing them anyway...
bash to your hearts consent..
BEn

ACCORD EX
10-04-2002, 01:47 AM
A BIG HAMMER worked fine with me ! just give it a hit from the side ( while the nut is not all the way out ! ) and it will be out ! i used non genuine and they work fine and much cheaper but they don't last that long ! but they are easy to change !

MIKE

jigga225
10-04-2002, 10:29 PM
u dont need no puller!

dXsquared
10-04-2002, 11:09 PM
no puller or fork. just hit the side of the arm where the tierod end goes into and it will pop out like it is being born again!
Travis