PDA

View Full Version : quick question bout brake pads

fijisac
09-28-2009, 07:44 PM
what is the difference between Semi-Metallic pads and Ceramic pads?

nswst8
09-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Semi metallic pads are in my opinion alot rougher on the rotor than ceramic and ceramic is suppose to be lower dust build up.

Go with ceramic, its a better choice 9 outa 10 times.

fijisac
09-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Semi metallic pads are in my opinion alot rougher on the rotor than ceramic and ceramic is suppose to be lower dust build up.

Go with ceramic, its a better choice 9 outa 10 times.

well ok thx 4 da info cause i have never changed front brakes on a 3g but i have done da rear ones and dat was a pain at first but i got it down but anyways da current front brakes on my car are gone, there is hardly any thing on da pads and a rotors have burned spot on them

MessyHonda
09-28-2009, 08:27 PM
yeah...replace your rotors too

nswst8
09-28-2009, 08:29 PM
If they don't have grooves in the rotors you might get lucky with just some sandpaper to reface the rotors. If you can mic them.

gp02a0083
09-29-2009, 12:21 AM
check this

http://www.handymanxchange.com/ceramic-vs-semi-metallic-brake-pads-vt185.html

2ndGenGuy
09-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Ceramic pads are quieter and, as said above will let your rotors last longer. They take less work to get up to operating temperature, so will have better "bite" around town. I'm sure the semi-metallics they sell at the store aren't super hardcore, but they probably operate best with a little bit of heat in them and will dust a lot more. They also tend to squeal a little bit... If you're not tracking the car, the ceramics are the way to go for quiet, clean and ease of operation.

fijisac
09-29-2009, 07:37 AM
check this

http://www.handymanxchange.com/ceramic-vs-semi-metallic-brake-pads-vt185.html

dis is good information, thx

fijisac
09-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Ceramic pads are quieter and, as said above will let your rotors last longer. They take less work to get up to operating temperature, so will have better "bite" around town. I'm sure the semi-metallics they sell at the store aren't super hardcore, but they probably operate best with a little bit of heat in them and will dust a lot more. If you're not tracking the car, the ceramics are the way to go for quiet, clean and ease of operation.

yea i think i'm going 2 go with da ceramic pads and c how well they are

gp02a0083
09-29-2009, 07:17 PM
i just put new ceramic pads in , there duralast gold but they do seem to work a lot better than the old SM's i had, altho it seems to take driving a little bit to get them warmed up then they lock up really easy