PDA

View Full Version : cooling fan relay

fijisac
09-30-2009, 11:24 AM
is it possible 2 have both cooling fan relays stuck in the closed position and could had b the cause my coolong fan being on all the tine?

nswst8
09-30-2009, 12:57 PM
That would be one of the first checks I'd perform. One fan is from the cooling system when your coolant temps rise(left side) the other is for the A/C system (right side) When you have the A/C button engaged this will engage both fans.

lostforawhile
09-30-2009, 01:09 PM
That would be one of the first checks I'd perform. One fan is from the cooling system when your coolant temps rise(left side) the other is for the A/C system (right side) When you have the A/C button engaged this will engage both fans.
since I don't have ac,i'll just get rid of the factory mess with the diode, and use the coolant temp sensor and a couple of bosch relays. if there is current from the ignition circuit through the temp sensor, when it calls for cooling it switches on two relays. the sensor will only turn on the relay coils. key off fans stop. does anyone know where the current to operate the fans comes from itself? it's the underhood fuse box right?

fijisac
09-30-2009, 02:58 PM

well i pulled 1 of the relays out while the car was open and it turned off and when i put it back da fan came back on, so would that indicate that the relay(s) r stuck closed? and i did this when the car was cold (then i first started 2day)

fijisac
09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
since I don't have ac,i'll just get rid of the factory mess with the diode, and use the coolant temp sensor and a couple of bosch relays. if there is current from the ignition circuit through the temp sensor, when it calls for cooling it switches on two relays. the sensor will only turn on the relay coils. key off fans stop. does anyone know where the current to operate the fans comes from itself? it's the underhood fuse box right?

well i think cause thats where da relays r at