PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with some of the how tos?

LewZur
10-01-2009, 04:22 PM
So maybe I'm posting this in the wrong place, if so I apologize. I'm looking at some of the how tos and most of the ones I need reference pictures from are not there just a big fat :redx: Can a moderator correct this? There's nothing more frustrating for me than to be reading a how to thread and see the words, so it should look like this, and nothing be there. Sorry for ranting :rant: just trying to get some stuff accomplished.

nswst8
10-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Your right, the moderators need to find a way to correct this.

Legend_master
10-01-2009, 04:31 PM
So maybe I'm posting this in the wrong place, if so I apologize. I'm looking at some of the how tos and most of the ones I need reference pictures from are not there just a big fat :redx: Can a moderator correct this? There's nothing more frustrating for me than to be reading a how to thread and see the words, so it should look like this, and nothing be there. Sorry for ranting :rant: just trying to get some stuff accomplished.

It means the original poster of the how to thread ident hosting the picture anymore. Alot of those pictures can probably only be re-posted by the original creator. Look at the date on most of the threads.

LewZur
10-01-2009, 04:48 PM
It means the original poster of the how to thread ident hosting the picture anymore. Alot of those pictures can probably only be re-posted by the original creator. Look at the date on most of the threads.

I know they're old, Legend, but in order to keep the how to section efficent there needs to be pics in the threads that aren't explanitory, ie your 3g should now look like this:redx:

Anyway that's just my 2 cents.

While I'm quoting you Legend you wrote the how to install disc brake how to correct? I've never even seen an SE-i. My question is, how simple are they to remove? Is it pretty much the same as the front? Also, just to make sure, do you have to use anything other than the rotors and calipers from the SE-i? I didn't know if the control arms ect. were interchangeable. Thanks for the help.

codyJDM
10-01-2009, 05:13 PM
I know they're old, Legend, but in order to keep the how to section efficent there needs to be pics in the threads that aren't explanitory, ie your 3g should now look like this:redx:

While I'm quoting you Legend you wrote the how to install disc brake how to correct? I've never even seen an SE-i. My question is, how simple are they to remove? Is it pretty much the same as the front? Also, just to make sure, do you have to use anything other than the rotors and calipers from the SE-i? I didn't know if the control arms ect. were interchangeable. Thanks for the help.

Make it easy for yourself and remove the entire trailing arm assembly as one unit. Pretty self explanatory once you see it.

If you are unsure if you need it, pull the part in question anyway. Make your life easier. :werd:

Legend_master
10-01-2009, 05:36 PM

The mods can't go out and take pictures of all the how to items, it would be impossible. That's why you new guys need to go out and do this and take new pictures to be added to the thread. If you go look in the how to section I re-made the rear disk swap how to. You can find all the info about the swap in there, parts needed and how to swap.

LewZur
10-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Make it easy for yourself and remove the entire trailing arm assembly as one unit. Pretty self explanatory once you see it.

If you are unsure if you need it, pull the part in question anyway. Make your life easier. :werd:

Thanks for the advice Cody, I'm going to the salvage yard tomorrow and hopefully I'll snag some.

The mods can't go out and take pictures of all the how to items, it would be impossible. That's why you new guys need to go out and do this and take new pictures to be added to the thread. If you go look in the how to section I re-made the rear disk swap how to. You can find all the info about the swap in there, parts needed and how to swap.

Sweet, thanks

frantik
10-01-2009, 06:53 PM

definitely this... you can remove the whole thing from the car with only a few bolts if you take everything from the trailing arm to the upper ball joint.. trust me i spent 3 days at a junkyard doing it the other way LOL

2drSE-i
10-01-2009, 08:06 PM
please please PLEASE make sure you get the ebrake cable. You will love your life if you make sure to do this.

nswst8
10-01-2009, 08:18 PM
I just think that if you post in the "How to" the picture should be sent to the moderators to post them on a more permanant basis.

lostforawhile
10-01-2009, 10:12 PM
a lot of them were hosted on imagestation when it closed the pictures vanished. I know a bunch of my pictures are missing, if you see any of mine email me and i'll fix it. I need to fix my suspension ones especially. all that work and the host closed.

LewZur
10-01-2009, 11:03 PM
please please PLEASE make sure you get the ebrake cable. You will love your life if you make sure to do this.

Lol I don't think I'll forget that now. Thanks for the tip.