PDA

View Full Version : ok i'm lost

fijisac
10-02-2009, 02:06 PM
well my cooling fans r always on so i thought dat da relays where stuck close, so i went 2 pick and pull and grabed out 10 relays (my best friend at pick n pull are my pockets :thumbup:) so i try all ten of them and it still goes on even tho the car is still cold, can some1 plz tell me how 2 fix is problem or tell me how 2 install a switch 4 da fans

Ichiban
10-02-2009, 03:04 PM
You seem intelligent, but when you screw up simple words like "are" and "the", the effect is quickly spoiled.

Sounds like the fans have been permanently wired "on", due to a previous sensor failure.

Check for power at the switch leads, jumping them should activate the fan, and opening the circuit should kill the fan. Keep your fingers away from things that spin.

You can also use hot water and a meat thermometer to find out if the switch functions. At room temperature the switch should obviously not pass current. At whatever the temp threshold for the fans activating is, the switch should close (pass current). The temp threshold is somewhere in the service book, that you bought after getting the car, being someone who owns a 20+ year old car and works on it themself.

I'm not sure if the 3g has a fan relay or not, being that my 2g doesn't, but if it does, check that too.

I expect proper use of simple words in your next post.

Civic Accord Honda
10-02-2009, 03:20 PM
fans wired to switch ftw..

greentee76
10-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm almost positive one of the sensor in the radiator is your culprit.
Check the service manual for testing them.

w261w261
10-02-2009, 08:04 PM
...... (my best friend at pick n pull are my pockets :thumbup:) .....

My favorite JY in CT no longer lets people pull stuff out of the cars. Why? Because of thieves like you. If there's one thing that is constant throughout history, it's that it isn't cool to be a thief. And it's even less cool to brag about it. Grow up.

fijisac
10-02-2009, 10:19 PM
My favorite JY in CT no longer lets people pull stuff out of the cars. Why? Because of thieves like you. If there's one thing that is constant throughout history, it's that it isn't cool to be a thief. And it's even less cool to brag about it. Grow up.

well i'm sry 2 hear dat and i'm also sry if i offended u in anyway but money is tight 4 me right now. (work at McDonalds only making 8 dollars a hour is not enough 2 pay all my bills and fix my car)