PDA

View Full Version : dotn know whats wrong

franks89sir
10-03-2002, 07:21 PM
ok my tranny is about gone it slips realy bad i dont have a passing gear above 40mph to about 60mph it just redlines anytime after or before those ranges it shifts well and this week like when my car sits over night and i got to drive it i can mash it to the floor but no power it only stays at about 2,000rpm's untill i have driven it about 5to 10 min is that my tranny also or somthing else

Dutchboy
10-03-2002, 08:49 PM
is it manual or Auto????

it sounds auto so ...Id check the fluid level first..but after a tranny has been heated or run without the proper level to long it normally is toast...

i dont know much about the auto tranny....theres something with some cables certain people have played with which controls the way it shifts and stuff..

i think A20A1 knows what they do and what the symptoms are...mabye your lucky and its minor..

Ben

ACCORD EX
10-04-2002, 01:51 AM
if it's manual so it's time for a new clutch man !

MIKE

franks89sir
10-05-2002, 08:32 PM
no its a auto

A20A1
10-06-2002, 08:09 PM
I doubt its the TV cable... the trans either needs new/more fluid or a rebuild, but then if its the torque converter... I really can't help you there.

Just check the fluid level in your tansmission. run the car till it warms up turn the car off and unscrew the transmission dipstick... then whipe it off and stick the dipstick back into the hole but don't screw it in... pull the dipstick out and read the fluid level. it should be between the 2 X's

A20A1
10-06-2002, 08:11 PM
well check the trans cable just in case... cause if it were to snap... then I could see why it wouldn't rev past 2,000 rpm.

franks89sir
10-07-2002, 04:18 PM
but it only revs to 2000prm when you first start the car and drive it for the first 5 min but after that it shifts but if i shift the tranny bymyself it does fine

Mantis88LX
10-07-2002, 04:36 PM
yea mine does that too when its cold, but if u sit and let it warm up good it wont do it. i always manual shift mine till it warms up then it will start shifting normaly

also make sure your tranny isnt overfilled, mine was over filled and it would alwasy slip into 4th, now that i changed it and put exactly 3 quarts in it shifts great and no slipping