PDA

View Full Version : is this a good wire set for a system?

fijisac
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
well i just picked up this wire set for my beat i'm about to put in my 88. well it has..................
18' red power cable - 8 GA.
3' black ground cable - 8 GA.
18' blue remote turn-on wire - 16 GA.
18' twisted pair RCA internconnect
17' clear speaker wire - 12 GA.
6' split loom for cable protection
60A gold plate fuse - agu type
clear inline fuse holder

and

it comes with all the connectors, tie downs, and 1 rubber ring

1987lxi
10-04-2009, 09:03 PM
It depends... How much power are your amp(s) pushing? If you pushing less then 450 you should be fine with that. Any higher than that I'd recommend 4 gauge. Once you get into the 800 watts or more you'd need a bigger wire. If you don't know already, the gauge system runs like this..... The higher the number the smaller the wire, the lower the number the bigger the wire. Remember, the wire has to be able to carry the current, and the fuse has to be big enough to pass the current without blowing. Don't put a big fuse on a small wire, it may over heat and become a problem for you and you're car. That kit may be a good one. However, it depends on what it's going to be used for.

ghettogeddy
10-04-2009, 09:12 PM
It depends... How much power are your amp(s) pushing? If you pushing less then 450 you should be fine with that. Any higher than that I'd recommend 4 gauge. Once you get into the 800 watts or more you'd need a bigger wire. If you don't know already, the gauge system runs like this..... The higher the number the smaller the wire, the lower the number the bigger the wire. Remember, the wire has to be able to carry the current, and the fuse has to be big enough to pass the current without blowing. Don't put a big fuse on a small wire, it may over heat and become a problem for you and you're car. That kit may be a good one. However, it depends on what it's going to be used for.

ya anywhere to about 500 watts 8awg is fine

i was runngin 2700 watts on 4awg never had a prob

Civic Accord Honda
10-04-2009, 10:10 PM
i have 600 watt rms using 10ga and it "works" lol

lostforawhile
10-04-2009, 10:28 PM
i have 600 watt rms using 10ga and it "works" lol

6 100 watt light bulbs strung up? lol

labeledsk8r
10-04-2009, 10:44 PM
8ga will be fine, i think i have iether 4 gauge or 2 gauge (cant remember) sitting in the other room for a batt relocation that i never got to rofl. but yeah should be plenty of thickness

Civic Accord Honda
10-04-2009, 10:45 PM
6 100 watt light bulbs strung up? lol

So your just going to start going off on all my posts now ? real fucking mature .
People like you give this site a bad name .

ghettogeddy
10-04-2009, 10:51 PM
So your just going to start going off on all my posts now ? real fucking mature .

keep it in pm

lostforawhile
10-04-2009, 10:58 PM
have a sense of humor cah, and i'm in a situation you never want to be in yet I still have a sense of humor. lay off the NOS drinks.