PDA

View Full Version : 26 Days Until Complete Inspection.

SOHC
10-05-2009, 09:15 AM
I got flagged into a roadside check, and got served a 30 day ticket to get my car Inspected. What will they be looking for on my car ??

carotman
10-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Everything.

It depends in what province you live in.

SOHC
10-05-2009, 11:09 AM
British Columbia

Tomisimo
10-05-2009, 03:07 PM
IDK man but I think that Emissions and your susp and brakes will be the first to be checked..

SOHC
10-05-2009, 06:41 PM
both are fine. I got a small pulse from the driverside rear drum though

jasonrebellion
10-05-2009, 06:46 PM
what did it say was the reason on the ticket? do they just randomly pull people over and tell them they have 30 days to get inspected?

SOHC
10-06-2009, 07:50 AM
what did it say was the reason on the ticket? do they just randomly pull people over and tell them they have 30 days to get inspected?

They have a copa few blocks ahead that tells them which vehicles to pull in, but yeah its mostlikely random. that and the rust on my rear quarters probly didnt help.

w261w261
10-06-2009, 07:56 AM
20 year old car. I think they were just playing the odds.

SOHC
10-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I think so, I'll post a Picture tomorrow of what my 3rd Gen looks like.

w261w261
10-07-2009, 05:58 AM
When they pull you over like that, do they do a quick check on the side of the road, and then based on finding something, do they issue you a summons for a more extensive survey? If so, what did they pick up at the stop?

2ndGenGuy
10-07-2009, 08:04 AM
They're gonna nail you for the rust, from what I've heard about B.C. they don't like it at all. Check all your framerails and structural areas, inner fenders, subframe, strut towers, etc. I dunno if they will let you repair it or not, or if they'll pull your car off the road. From what I hear though, if you repair it well enough that they can't tell it was ever there, you will be good to go. Guyhatesmycar should be an expert on this one.

SOHC
10-07-2009, 07:15 PM
When they pull you over like that, do they do a quick check on the side of the road, and then based on finding something, do they issue you a summons for a more extensive survey? If so, what did they pick up at the stop?

I think the small hole in my door, set them off and then the Half rear bumper I have probly made the " Death Certificate" For my 3rd Gen.

Coolbusracer
10-17-2009, 12:25 AM
thats still no reason to pull a running car off the road... i call bullshit on that, and if they determine that your car isnt "road worthy", then demand to be compensated for it... these cars will run forever, and in a nuclear attack, the only thing left standing would be cockroaches and all the 3g's...:Owned2:

2ndGenGuy
10-17-2009, 11:52 AM
It may be stupid, but that's the way it works in a lot of place, believe it or not. My friend's car in Washington DC had been hit in the front fender. Affected nothing, but they wouldn't pass his inspection unless he got it fixed. They said someone could walk by and get cut on the fender somehow.

Nafs Asdf
10-17-2009, 01:07 PM
thats still no reason to pull a running car off the road... i call bullshit on that, and if they determine that your car isnt "road worthy", then demand to be compensated for it... these cars will run forever, and in a nuclear attack, the only thing left standing would be cockroaches and all the 3g's...:Owned2:

Rusted through structural parts IS reason to pull a car off the road. We all want our cars to be safe to drive, don't we?

2ndGenGuy
10-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Rusted through structural parts IS reason to pull a car off the road. We all want our cars to be safe to drive, don't we?

True, but we don't have inspections here, and there's NEVER been a case of a structural failure causing an accident.

SOHC
10-19-2009, 07:23 PM
11 more days till my date with the Inspection office, anyone got any suggestions? Fix most of the body damage and cosmetic stuff??