PDA

View Full Version : 91-95 Legend Intake?

dacantu
10-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Does anybody have any idea whether a 1991-1995 acura Legend intake can be modified to fit our cars?

Civic Accord Honda
10-12-2009, 04:37 PM
do you meen like OMG JDM CAI INTAK y0 or Intake manifold?

JordanQ
10-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Ten bucks says he means the little chrome pipe and cone filter.

Son, anything can be "modified" to fit our cars.

Civic Accord Honda
10-12-2009, 07:40 PM

thats what i hope he meant haha if meant intake manifold then hell no

dacantu
10-12-2009, 08:29 PM

So yeah its a little chrome pipe with a cone filter. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and what needs to be done

do you meen like OMG JDM CAI INTAK y0 or Intake manifold?

No I did not mean that Ive never even seen or heard of the JDM intake. Sorry I guess i meant to put air intake not just intake. Do you have pictures of what you were talking about though?

Rendon LX-i
10-12-2009, 08:33 PM
better off spending the money on a CAI....prolly the same price and almost fits perfect.

dacantu
10-12-2009, 10:12 PM
better off spending the money on a CAI....prolly the same price and almost fits perfect.

I thought that no one made CAI for our cars. Or is there one that fits closely?

Rendon LX-i
10-12-2009, 10:16 PM
yes a 90 teg or 90-97 accord fits perfectly only thing you would have to do is cut bout 2 inches off the pipe going into the bumper. The piece going to the intake you dont have to mess with.....use the search youll find plenty of pics bro.....Dont spend your money on that legend shit......

dacantu
10-12-2009, 10:39 PM
yes a 90 teg or 90-97 accord fits perfectly only thing you would have to do is cut bout 2 inches off the pipe going into the bumper. The piece going to the intake you dont have to mess with.....use the search youll find plenty of pics bro.....Dont spend your money on that legend shit......

Cool Rendon I appreciate it man. Ill do a search and ill probably end up calling this place tomorrow to see if they have the integra CAI because I had already asked for the later accords and they said they didnt have one.

By the way Rendon I was watching some videos of your boosted blue accord on youtube. I dont know if you still have that but ive gotta say its pretty badass man!

Rendon LX-i
10-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Of course i do LOL. thats my baby..you watch the new ones with the new setup.

Remember 90-93 teg CAI which fits with out modding just a bit
also 90-97 accord which is a bit longer then the teg but either way works. youll see when you get it. I bought mine on ebay for 25 shipped...LOl worked great. ill post a pic of my motor when it was N/A and had a 90-97 accord CAI

Rendon LX-i
10-12-2009, 10:48 PM
here you go...took me bout 35 minutes. i had to move my battery to the left alittle i just upbolted the batter tray and just drilled some new holes an rebolted it again....heres a pic....sorry for the ricy shit....LOL

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/60/l_13b4a611676a4153b417c9cd7a032dcb.jpg

dacantu
10-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Of course i do LOL. thats my baby..you watch the new ones with the new setup.

Remember 90-93 teg CAI which fits with out modding just a bit
also 90-97 accord which is a bit longer then the teg but either way works. youll see when you get it. I bought mine on ebay for 25 shipped...LOl worked great. ill post a pic of my motor when it was N/A and had a 90-97 accord CAI

Yeah they were definitely the new ones where you were driving up and down the road and you had the turbo. Im pretty jealous man but congrats on the build bro. Also that CAI looks like it was made for the A20 im going to look into that man thanks Rendon

dacantu
10-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Has anyone on here purchased a AEM CAI before? And would you say that theres a noteable difference between the AEM one and like a $50 (no name) one? I have the chance at buying a brand new one from a wholesale warehouse here in Phoenix for $150 which is significantly cheaper than i find them on ebay. Also its for a 90-93 teg. So in less words would it be woth it to spend the extra money for the AEM or am I pretty much paying for the sticker?

Joay
10-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Pico has (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showpost.php?p=946684&postcount=978). There's almost no difference between an AEM and an AEM knockoff. Most of the price difference comes from AEM being CARB legal, so if you don't live in California, no need to worry.

dacantu
10-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Pico has (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showpost.php?p=946684&postcount=978). There's almost no difference between an AEM and an AEM knockoff. Most of the price difference comes from AEM being CARB legal, so if you don't live in California, no need to worry.

Hey Joay,
Thank you. Yeah am I glad I dont live in Cali. Im also planning on removing my cat and going for a straight pipe, (i dont know if straight pipe is the lingo but im sure you understand) I know that sure as hell wouldnt fly in CA

Rendon LX-i
10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
hell no and it sounds amazing with a turbo muffler or magnaflow and a resinator or some sort...mine sounds cammy now that i have no cat

Civic Accord Honda
10-14-2009, 05:33 PM
its a pipe... a pipe is a pipe lmao

stat1K
10-14-2009, 06:08 PM
certain intakes have shown better performance, for the price difference, it's not worth it... i'd say buy an ebay for a 90-93 integra and cut it to fit...

here's an aem cut to fit from a DA Integra...

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9905/p1000492gl5.jpg

Rendon LX-i
10-14-2009, 10:18 PM
FUCKING A HOLE....LOL you had to throw that one in to make mine look like shit LOL...jk. but thats a DA. i used a CB7 intake....for me it looks cleaner. as you can see the DA has a slight push on the coupler well on the CB7 intake i dont have that.......but w/e works...both work fine. its all up to you

dacantu
10-15-2009, 05:11 PM
FUCKING A HOLE....LOL you had to throw that one in to make mine look like shit LOL...jk. but thats a DA. i used a CB7 intake....for me it looks cleaner. as you can see the DA has a slight push on the coupler well on the CB7 intake i dont have that.......but w/e works...both work fine. its all up to you

Lol its all good Rendon now youre boosted so you have your edge too haha. I am going to be buying the AEM CAI after all so will I have the same problem on the coupler? Also do all AEM CAI's have the coupler setup? I think it looks cleaner as one whole pipe

certain intakes have shown better performance, for the price difference, it's not worth it... i'd say buy an ebay for a 90-93 integra and cut it to fit...

here's an aem cut to fit from a DA Integra...

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9905/p1000492gl5.jpg

That bay looks sooo clean! I wish my bay was that clean, those are similar parts that i will have (dc headers(being shipped), the CAI(going on this weekend), and removing unnecessary things from the bay(whithin the next few weeks)) but I know my bay still wont look as badass. Also is thaat OBD1?

hell no and it sounds amazing with a turbo muffler or magnaflow and a resinator or some sort...mine sounds cammy now that i have no cat

Well I wont have a turbo when I remove the cat but hopefully my new carbon fiber muffler will give it a clean sound because the one i have now sounds like crap.

stat1K
10-15-2009, 05:26 PM
look up lx-incredible's car... it's pretty nice.

dacantu
10-16-2009, 10:33 AM
look up lx-incredible's car... it's pretty nice.

Thats your old car right statik?
Its pretty damn clean i've gotta say!

stat1K
10-16-2009, 03:43 PM
wasn't near that clean when i owned it.

dacantu
10-16-2009, 04:51 PM
wasn't near that clean when i owned it.

yeah i was reading his thread thats pretty badass i do believe im going to require some assistance from my new friend lx-incredible in getting my car looking clean :) lol

Rendon LX-i
10-16-2009, 05:30 PM
alot of time and Soap LOL...and scrubbing.

dacantu
10-17-2009, 01:07 AM
alot of time and Soap LOL...and scrubbing.

Lol I know that, I meant his assistance in probably the obd1 conversion and acquiring certain parts that just make his car look so bad freakin ass! lol in other words CLEAN! I refer to alot of cars on here as CLEAN haha