PDA

View Full Version : car revs uncontrollably

danny nr crew
10-15-2009, 02:46 PM
I am looking for someone who has experience with honda cars, especially carb ones. i have an 89 honda accord with a 2.0L. in the summer it runs great, starts fine and comes up to fast idle and then kicks down and i can pull up to 36mpg. when ever it gets cold its still easy to start but most of the time will never hit fast idle and runs like crap. sometimes if i shut it off and then restart it, it will rev uncontrollably to 4000-5000 rpm. please if u can tune or set this carb let me know

parkersnine
10-15-2009, 03:26 PM
I had a 1989 that was carbed when I was stopped in traffic it started to idle really high like you are talking about up to the red line. If I remember correctly the idle control valve was replaced by a local shop and that resolved it .

greentee76
10-15-2009, 04:50 PM
I had a 1989 that was carbed when I was stopped in traffic it started to idle really high like you are talking about up to the red line. If I remember correctly the idle control valve was replaced by a local shop and that resolved it .

Yep, if you take the vacuum away from idle control dashpot it will spike the revs really quick. Ask me how I know, haha.