PDA

View Full Version : brakes & rotors for 87 accord

xxdecompilerxx
10-16-2009, 07:25 PM
hey guys am curious what would ya ll recommend for rotors & brake pads for the 87 lxi accord a/t. i know rotors go for like 15 bucks at autozone but was wondering if there was a better high peformance kinds and to see what other 3geez members are using . feel free to post the links to the online stores or where u usally order from i know my motor is a20a3 and it isnt a turbo car or anything altho i wish it was not much options for a20a3 engines :cool:

Dr_Snooz
10-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Napa Gold.

But I'm an old, stock-only fusspot. Some of the more performance minded will be along shortly to weigh in. I avoid Autozone/Kragen/O'Reilly's/Pep Boys as a rule though. It's too easy to end up with something that will fail and leave you stranded. Rotors shouldn't matter, but I'm past the point of wanting to risk it.

Vanilla Sky
10-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Brembo blanks are considered good rotors. You can get them from TireRack.com readily. I typically just run whatever pads are considered stock replacement, but I had a car with Hawk pads that stopped really well. I can't remember if they were HPS or HPS+, but they were one of those two.

MessyHonda
10-18-2009, 09:45 PM
yeah stick with napa stuff...they tend to have better quality parts

Bluntman
10-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Here is a site to see how much NAPA parts are. Worth the little bit more for NAPA.http://www.dmauto.com/web/dmauto/catalog/

xxdecompilerxx
10-22-2009, 07:01 PM
thanx dudes & dudettes