PDA

View Full Version : squeaking

headbanger
10-17-2009, 07:46 AM
ok I have a terrible squeaking coming from passenger front wheel area on my lxi that is driving me nuts it has been doing it for awhile now.I have replaced strut,uppper control arm with bushings an ball joint,lower control arm with bushings,tie rod end,I took sway bar bushings of an greased them with costal ball bearing grease.I sprayed entire wheel area with wd40 with no change in squeaking you can push down on fender an it sounds like a bedspring.Has any1 else had this problem please help if you can thx a million.I also changed out strut spring an all with an old one an it made no diff. also I took caliper off an left it hanging an put wheel back on an still no change in squeaking.

DBMaster
10-17-2009, 12:09 PM
I had issues with noises after replacing the upper control arms with bushings. I replaced the cheap bushings that came with the control arms with Moog bushings. I also ended up having to take them apart again to use bearing grease instead of white lithium. My mechanic told me that the lithium grease wasn't thick enough.

headbanger
10-20-2009, 11:49 AM
got it fixed i read through post last nite an seen some1 said their axle was making theirs squeak well as unlikely as this sounded i figured wth I would go ahead an swap mine off an see what happened this fixed the problem.woot.