PDA

View Full Version : Sort of new here

Mellexx
10-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Alright so I'm Nick and I've been here for a few months. So I decided that for my first car I'm getting a 3gee. Now I'm tasked with finding the money and a 3gee in decent condition around here, which seems hard to find and learning to drive a 5 speed. I've got most of what I'm going to do to it planned out and no I'm not just another 16 year old ricer. :jaw:

I'm planning to keep the car pretty stock visually, besides a few cosmetic changes not just useless kits, unnecessary wings or tacky rims. I'm planning to love my 3gee and not just use it as a beater first car.

Basically I plan on starting out my mods with an exhaust, replacing whatever is needed to be fixed along the way and not just slapping on some useless mods. I also need to find someone around where I live to help me work on it. I've been checking around to see what mods and brands I should get. Anyway I hope to learn a bit more and become part of the community, and I'm willing to learn as much as I can from you guys since I've been here it already seems like one of the best forums I've been part of.

Hazwan
10-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Hai and :welcome:, nub :tongue:

Juggalo88Accord
10-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Im Glad to hear your not a ricer:rockon: As far as exhaust be careful theres way to many shitty sounding mufflers for our cars and i personally think tha sound makes it rice. Id go with pacesetter header magnaflow hi flow cat and magnaflow muffler with 2.25 inch piping all tha way down. Im so glad i had no money when i first got my car or it wouldve ended up rice.

Civic Accord Honda
10-17-2009, 11:37 AM
fart can and nos stickers = best mods

;)

Juggalo88Accord
10-17-2009, 11:47 AM

;)

There pretty damn good but didnt you hear i painted my interior lime green and gained 38.8 hp. Ontop of that i painted tha valve cover for more torque. lol

charliekuney
10-17-2009, 12:00 PM
16 year olds for the win! Although, I am turning seventeen in less than a month. Learning to drive a stick isn't hard at all, and it's much more fun when you finally get used to it. I hate driving automatics now (unless, of course, they're really fast). Get a coupe, by the way. They're generally hardest to find (the Aerodeck doesn't count), but it's worth the find. Look for an SE-i, too. I'm quite the believer that a 3gee is the best first car someone could ask for: everyone at my school wants my car, even with the condition it's in.

Oh, and welcome. :D

Mellexx
10-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Im Glad to hear your not a ricer As far as exhaust be careful theres way to many shitty sounding mufflers for our cars and i personally think tha sound makes it rice. Id go with pacesetter header magnaflow hi flow cat and magnaflow muffler with 2.25 inch piping all tha way down. Im so glad i had no money when i first got my car or it wouldve ended up rice.

Thanks man, yeah the last thing I want is it sounding like rice. I'll have to check them out when I find my car.

;)

Haha only you cah :p

16 year olds for the win! Although, I am turning seventeen in less than a month. Learning to drive a stick isn't hard at all, and it's much more fun when you finally get used to it. I hate driving automatics now (unless, of course, they're really fast). Get a coupe, by the way. They're generally hardest to find (the Aerodeck doesn't count), but it's worth the find. Look for an SE-i, too. I'm quite the believer that a 3gee is the best first car someone could ask for: everyone at my school wants my car, even with the condition it's in.

Oh, and welcome.

Indeed win, I've hated automatics for a while now they seem way to boring. I'll be looking for an SE-i definitely. Most people in my school have rice or just cars their parents bought for them so my 3gee will probably be unique since I've rarely seen them around here.

Juggalo88Accord
10-17-2009, 10:33 PM
you should try and get fuel injected also they have a bit more power and i have a carbed accord they tend to be a pain in tha ass every once in awhile especially in cold wheather. Tha magnaflow exhaust is gunna cost a good amount more than anything else but trust me its worth tha money i have magnaflow and i personally beleive that its tha only exhaust a import should ever have. ill post you a link to a video of mine in a minute so you can hear it.

Pico
10-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Welcome to the family

Juggalo88Accord
10-17-2009, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cUUkNWlnXg&feature=related theres a link to that. I think it sounds better once im driving and if you dont know about seafoam i sugest you use every every 4 or 5 thousand miles i love tha stuff it prolly tha best 10 dollars ive ever spent

Hazwan
10-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Hey I'm 16 too right? :p

Anyway, what they said. Definitely get a fuel injected to avoid any headaches down the road unless you could and want to fix them. They can be pita sometimes. I'm not saying they are bad or anything and I'm driving a carbed car lol, but I wouldnt trust a 20 year old complex piece of mechanical stuff. Especially when you're not experienced with it.

And keep in mind that this isn't your 93 sivik where you can ebay or walk in any groceries stores asking for mad tyte intake or some sort of engine swap kits for your car. Theres not much aftermarket support on this generation and that is what being unique is all about :thumbup: Custom made ftw! Theres almost zero chance for you to have an indentical car to the guy next door lol

Mellexx
10-18-2009, 05:54 AM
Welcome to the family

Re: Sort of new here
you should try and get fuel injected also they have a bit more power and i have a carbed accord they tend to be a pain in tha ass every once in awhile especially in cold wheather. Tha magnaflow exhaust is gunna cost a good amount more than anything else but trust me its worth tha money i have magnaflow and i personally beleive that its tha only exhaust a import should ever have. ill post you a link to a video of mine in a minute so you can hear it.

I'll keep a look out for the fuel injecteds, I don't have any true experience working on cars so this will be my first.:eek: That sounds nice though, I'll definitely have to see about getting one

Hey I'm 16 too right? :p

Anyway, what they said. Definitely get a fuel injected to avoid any headaches down the road unless you could and want to fix them. They can be pita sometimes. I'm not saying they are bad or anything and I'm driving a carbed car lol, but I wouldnt trust a 20 year old complex piece of mechanical stuff. Especially when you're not experienced with it.

And keep in mind that this isn't your 93 sivik where you can ebay or walk in any groceries stores asking for mad tyte intake or some sort of engine swap kits for your car. Theres not much aftermarket support on this generation and that is what being unique is all about Custom made ftw! Theres almost zero chance for you to have an indentical car to the guy next door lol

haha lies your 61 :p custom made ftw indeed, like I said before there's rarely any 3gee accords around here or anything older than 4th gen accords. If they are there in the worst condition possible, its sad to see.