PDA

View Full Version : Headlight wiring

Strahan
10-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Hey, the loom that ends in the connector that presses on the headlight.. where does that run to? When I turn the headlights on my low beams light up for a split second then go off when the buckets rotate to full open position. I'm assuming I have a short/bad wiring so I was going to yank and replace that wiring but I can't see where it goes. It goes down then disappears. Figured maybe I'd have better luck tracing it from the endpoint back.

For right now I picked up a pair of connectors at the junkyard and wired them to a relay that hooks up to the battery (though a fuse of course) then the relay is triggered using the cruise control switch. I figured may as well get use from the cruise control switch for something since my cruise doesn't work lol.

Frankendiesel
10-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm going to guess you have the same thing that happened to both of my headlamps - wires in the loom right at the headlight break. You'll have to take the headlamps out and pull gently on the loom to get enough wire out in your hands. I soldered on short extensions to bridge the broken wires. I had two wires cut loose on each occasion, blowing the fuse each time. Sounds like you aren't quite there yet, but soon!

I emphasize solder - I've seen too many shortcuts using those crimp-on splices. They won't hold up in the wet environment that the headlamps see.

Good luck!