PDA

View Full Version : Do I need an Alignment after drive axle replacemnt?

BoogerBurns
10-21-2009, 10:50 AM
I searched and on the drive axle replacement how to he suggests getting an alignment after IF YOU CHANGE any suspension parts, well I am not. So do I need one afterwards or not?

lostforawhile
10-21-2009, 10:55 AM
I searched and on the drive axle replacement how to he suggests getting an alignment after IF YOU CHANGE any suspension parts, well I am not. So do I need one afterwards or not?there is nothing adjustable on the front except if you have a camber kit of you replace a tie rod end. if he says he's going to adjust it from changing the axle he's scamming you, ask him what he's going to adjust? you can set toe or you may need an alignment after changing a radius rod bushing, but nothing he takes off from changing the axle changes anything. this is a mechanic doing this?

carotman
10-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Yup Tim's right.

The only part that's being replaced is the axle itself. He's not going to change the tie-rod adjustment and won't even take the radium arm off. He can evel leave the tie-rod end in place.

I would understand you need an alignment on a macpherson suspension with oval bolts where the trut meets the knuckle for camber adjustment. Since our cars aren't made that way, you don't need an alignment.

Rendon LX-i
10-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Agreed...If you didnt mess with the Toe adjustment or caster or camber your okay. No need for an alingment

BoogerBurns
10-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys. Im doing the job myself. And sounds GREAT!