PDA

View Full Version : Got my hands on two good items- New Project In the few months

gr3k0sLaV
10-04-2002, 05:01 AM
91 Prelude 14' Rims, man nice improvement over the stock 13's,

these rims look sweet on my car, aftermarket yet still stock.....

Got the for $80

And the best bit

91 Prelude Tail lights, and rear end pieces....

It consists of two prelude tail lights, and the middle plastic bar,
now this is my next project, and ive already started planning.
Firstly the stock tail light holes will roughly fit the lude lights, just they are a little bit too big, one plan of attack will be to get by this by using rubber seal painted metallic blue (same colour as my car)

The end pieces on the lights will be shaved by a plastic welder to fit nicely into place.

Next parts of the boot lid which lit will be cut, and welded so only part of the lid lifts to accomodate the wider lude tail lights,

and the plastic red bar will be opened up so i can remove the PRELUDE sticker inside, the ends will be shaved by a plastic welder to fit, since the prelude is slightly wider than the accord, and a sheet of metal will be put in where the remaining black part is and will be repsraye and integrated to look seamless with the body...

IT's kind of hard to explain but i've got it in my head, there'll be a lot of fiddling around, but it'll be worth it...my rear end will look sick...

As of yet my costs will be unclear, forunately i know people with tools, and those who know others...mates rates and all that shit.....

Fortuantely won't be much needed in the way of repsraying or anything...just cutting, welding, and tinkering...but i can be done......

It will be done

I'll update soon..

3G Jester
10-04-2002, 02:53 PM
if im thinkin what ur thinking.....droooolll........are u gonna put "Accord" ? or "3rd Generation" or something where the "prelude" is normaly in the center of the lights on the red part? I cant wait to see pics

gr3k0sLaV
10-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Yep, 3g prelude rear tails...

3G Jester
10-04-2002, 09:30 PM
nooo u dont understand.....on the prelude tails-----in the center its all red and in black lettering it sez "PRELUDE" ---are you gonna shave that and put on "ACCORD" ???

gr3k0sLaV
10-05-2002, 12:11 AM
actually i know wat your getting out, i got the middle sit sitting on a chair right next to me atm, im looking at it.

THe PRELUDE is plastic letters I think, gotta figure out how to crack it open without damaging it.....

If i can, ill remove it and possibly get ACCORD custom made in the same font,

that's future idea....

first thing though, i gotta get my wheels on,

next thing i'll get onto the rear end,

gotta go see a body shop soon to get an idea, but i reckon they'll want an arm & a leg.

I need to get my hands on my friends digi cam and take some shots of the lights and of my rear end, and start doing some sketches, and photo chops to get an idea...figure where to cut, how to re-design the boot locking thing, etc...

tightwhitelx
10-05-2002, 01:48 PM
cant wait to see a pic