PDA

View Full Version : Window stuck

canadian357
10-22-2009, 03:02 PM
My driver door power window is stuck down and the motor died - all the other windows work from that switch. How can I get it back up? I dont have another motor and i need to go to work tonight

lostforawhile
10-22-2009, 03:04 PM
My driver door power window is stuck down and the motor died - all the other windows work from that switch. How can I get it back up? I dont have another motor and i need to go to work tonight is yours a hatch? I can't remember i have a left and right window motor from an 89 lxi hatch if you need one i'll try to figure out what it's worth.

canadian357
10-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Sedan. I can pick one up from a jy tomorrow I just need to put the window back up tonight

lostforawhile
10-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Sedan. I can pick one up from a jy tomorrow I just need to put the window back up tonighti don't think you can pull it up the motor assembly is spring loaded too so don't try to pull it apart. right now clear plastic and duct tape is your best friend. are you sure it's not the switch or control? you can pull the door panel and see if power right to the motor contacts moves the window. there is a control box in there as well as the switches, any of them could have failed. I have a switch if it's bad, you can probably have it.

canadian357
10-22-2009, 03:17 PM
What do I use to jump the motor

lostforawhile
10-22-2009, 03:21 PM
What do I use to jump the motor

you need a wire that is grounded and a heavy wire from the battery, hook them up one way and the motor may go up,other way it may go down. you just need to unplug the connector at the motor and touch the wires to the terminals inside. be careful though. thats a lot of current. if the motor doesn't move STOP!! it may be shorted o something

Civic Accord Honda
10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
yeah 3g windows LOVE doing that... i unbolted my motor fliped it upside down and used it to hold my window up LOL i later jumped it and got it properly up once i learned u could do that... the window motors almost never die its the control box that likes to be like "OMG HAI GUISE I BE DEAD NAO KBAI" and then you go "FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU RAGE!!!!!"

Dr_Snooz
10-23-2009, 10:02 PM
yeah 3g windows LOVE doing that... i unbolted my motor fliped it upside down and used it to hold my window up LOL i later jumped it and got it properly up once i learned u could do that... the window motors almost never die its the control box that likes to be like "OMG HAI GUISE I BE DEAD NAO KBAI" and then you go "FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU RAGE!!!!!"

How's the weather in CAH world today?

Civic Accord Honda
10-23-2009, 11:42 PM
How's the weather in CAH world today?

Its rather hot today! :lol::lol:

canadian357
10-25-2009, 12:37 AM
the window motors almost never die its the control box that likes to be like "OMG HAI GUISE I BE DEAD NAO KBAI" and then you go "FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU RAGE!!!!!"

I lol'd. Quite a bit. I almost rofl'd, actually.

canadian357
11-07-2009, 03:32 PM
So I finally got around to testing the motor. Its done. So if my window is all the way down almost (about an inch up) how to I change the height and get the motor/regulator out?

lostforawhile
11-07-2009, 03:48 PM
there should be two 10mm bolts that hold the piece attached to the edge of the glass, take those out and the glass will be free from the regulator mechanism, then lift the glass out of the door.

Bluntman
11-07-2009, 05:24 PM
So I finally got around to testing the motor. Its done. So if my window is all the way down almost (about an inch up) how to I change the height and get the motor/regulator out?

If the bolts are not to where can get to them, this is what I did.I wrote it thinking your window was stuck in the up position. But you would still unbolt the same bolts to move it all around so that you can get to the two 10mm bolts that hold the window to the regulator. Hope it helps.
http://i89.servimg.com/u/f89/12/59/29/63/window10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=668&u=12592963)

canadian357
11-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I've taken the glass out before, thats not a problem. I need to get the actual regulator mechanism out so I can replace it.

lostforawhile
11-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I've taken the glass out before, thats not a problem. I need to get the actual regulator mechanism out so I can replace it.

you just have to take the glass out first then unbolt it and just maneuver it out, lots of those regulators are under a huge amount of spring tension if you try to remove just the motor so be careful, they can break your fingers or even worse if they snap loose.

w261w261
11-09-2009, 08:36 PM
You're sure you tested the motor properly? Failure of the driver's window to go up is -more times than not- the window control relay.

lostforawhile
11-09-2009, 08:52 PM
You're sure you tested the motor properly? Failure of the driver's window to go up is -more times than not- the window control relay.I think he took my advice and powered the motor directly from it's connection, if it doesn't move then it's junk, a lot of places can rebuild those motors so don't junk it,it's possibly the brushes, it may be one of the spring loaded regulators though so be careful and don't take the regulator apart

sparkmaster123
11-16-2009, 01:10 AM
i am having almost the same problem except my window is stuck up and i cant get it to roll down. i dont think its the switch because all the other windows work fine with the switch. but the drivers side doesnt do anything. any suggestions?

ecogabriel
11-16-2009, 08:51 PM
I have a spare motor (drivers' side, 4-door LXi)
My regulator was badly worn (would not roll down more than 2") and got a good working one from the junkyard together with the motor. I threw away the old regulator but kept the motor just in case. I can re-test it in case someone needs it

sparkmaster123
11-17-2009, 12:19 AM
that would be sweet. i should probably pull the panel off and try to jump it to see if it works first before i get a new one just incase its just the switch. i just hate doing it outside in the cold and the only time i have to do it is at night with crappy lighting

Dr_Snooz
11-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Hold the switch and give the door panel a good firm slap right over the motor. If it rolls down no problem, then your motor is bad and must be replaced.

sparkmaster123
11-17-2009, 08:32 PM
naw doesnt do anything when i hit it and hold the switch. good thing though what if it went down and then i couldnt figure out the mottor. that would suck. i would freeze. lol

LX-i
12-24-2009, 10:02 AM
keep flipping your main switch on and off while holding the window thing up. mine was doing the exact same thing and i think mine is a short in the main, try that though see if it works.