PDA

View Full Version : DIY poly motor mounts

3gmodifier
10-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Alright, i know it sounds kinda ghetto, but i decided to make my own poly mounts. i had to pull my motor anyways and while it was out i went and bought some 3m 100% polyurethane adhesive. the stuff used to glue in windsheilds. i filled in the empty voids in the left, and rear mounts, and the rear upper torque mount. it took 3 days to fully cure.i didnt want it to be too hard because of the extra stress on the axles and averything else but after it was done, it was perfect. i have a friend with a 4th gen with hasport poly mounts and my end result was about 10% stiffer and a hell of a lot cheaper. i only spent $18.99 on the glue. he spent $275.00. i win! the drive is incredable. the cabin has a considerable incriece in vibration but i dont care about that. my build is more of a useable daily driven 2.0Si replica, with balls to back it up. the throttle response is insane. made my clutch work a bit more touchy but thats the way i like it. and when just cruising, you step on the gas and it goes. no more torque engine movement lag. very simple and very rewarding.

Civic Accord Honda
10-22-2009, 08:08 PM
i still need to do this ^ i can feel the engine tilting back when i step on the gas (N)

3gmodifier
10-22-2009, 08:16 PM
i still need to do this ^ i can feel the engine tilting back when i step on the gas (N)

yeah go for it. big differance on and cheap side

turabaka
10-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Awesome dude. Definitely worth the effort.

I filled all mine with poly when I tore out my motor and replaced all the mounts. Made things a lot more solid. I spin the tires coming out of corners while I'm autocrossing now.

3gmodifier
10-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Awesome dude. Definitely worth the effort.

I filled all mine with poly when I tore out my motor and replaced all the mounts. Made things a lot more solid. I spin the tires coming out of corners while I'm autocrossing now.

nice! its kinda cool knowing that i am not the first to try this. did you do all the mounts or just the damaged one?

turabaka
10-22-2009, 10:33 PM
nice! its kinda cool knowing that i am not the first to try this. did you do all the mounts or just the damaged one?

All of them. I ended up replacing every mount, and filling them all with poly.
I didn't want to have a repeat of the last time I broke a motor mount.
sheared the damned L shaped bracket for the side motor mount right off the block. Good times.

A18A
10-22-2009, 10:50 PM
ive been meaning to do this also, i remember just beefing up my dog bone mount some how and i noticed a difference lol

Rendon LX-i
10-22-2009, 10:53 PM
now im going to do this....i need to do this. I only got the custom front mount and the dog bone filled...so i need to get the others done to..

Civic Accord Honda
10-22-2009, 11:09 PM
now im going to do this....i need to do this. I only got the custom front mount and the dog bone filled...so i need to get the others done to..

DO IT NAO!!! i expect to see pics within the hour of it done or :bandance:

:lol::lol:

Rendon LX-i
10-23-2009, 06:53 AM
LOL.....you see it......look into the white youll find it LOL

CzEcHy
10-23-2009, 11:50 AM
I bought some new motor mounts, would it be advised to fill them or just leave them as is?

Would it even make a difference?

turabaka
10-23-2009, 11:56 AM
I bought some new motor mounts, would it be advised to fill them or just leave them as is?

Would it even make a difference?

Like I said. I did it with all new motor mounts. It makes a huge difference, but unless you're racing the car I wouldn't do it. The interior vibration gets a bit worse. The only reason I did it is because my car sees about as much time autocrossing as it does being driven on the street.

b20a86lude
10-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Yea i did al my except the dog bone im thinkn of , makin that one with heim joints , see if i can ?

MessyHonda
10-26-2009, 06:02 PM
how did you do the dog bone one....i ran out of poly before i got to it

Strugglebucket
11-09-2009, 10:12 PM
I think the dogbone makes the biggest difference, you should definately fill it.

If I remember right I used a dogbone from an automatic because the bushings were easier to fill.

stat1K
11-10-2009, 04:29 AM
i keep thinking this is going to be a diy thread...