PDA

View Full Version : Integra springs on CA5

89sedan
10-24-2009, 05:47 AM
Hi!

My first post here :wave: I've picked an '89 EDM CA5 sedan and doing some budget (i.e. ghetto :lol: ) refreshing.

My front springs were cracked so I had to replace them. Since the car's low budget ghetto I didn't want to order even cheap coilovers which are not so cheap when shipped over to Europe. My buddy had stock '97 Integra springs laying in his garage so I gave em a try. 'Teg springs are about an inch longer than Accord ones when unloaded (removed from strut), but both lower and upper diameters are spot on. Accord spring has 10 coils vs 11 on Teg. So I went forward and cut 2 coils on top of the springs. Teg springs was now about the same length as Accord ones but had less coils (larger coil gaps). When fitted on the car it got a nice lowered but not slammed stance. I will upload pics of springs compared one to one and how the car sits now when I find my card reader.

So if you're looking for a really cheap lowering option consider using Integra springs. Moreover, as far as I know EG/EJ Civic springs are plug-n-play fit for Integra so maybe these might also be used after a bit of cutting.

Next week I will look at the rears and update this thread with info on them.

A18A
10-24-2009, 06:33 AM
wait how do you manage to crack the stock accord springs?

reallylowaccord
10-24-2009, 06:57 AM
thats what i was wondering

89sedan
10-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Don't know, top coils were broken when I bought the car. And I've seen another CA5 with broken top coils too. I guess it's our climate and roads. Both bad :lol:

import racer
10-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Should have cut the bottom not the top.The top coils are flat and the bottom are round.

Tomisimo
10-25-2009, 01:38 AM
thats good to know :) Thanks for the info!

I was looking for sport springs for my car.. so if you take low springs from a integra or civic that are 40mm lowered, and install it on accord, you get stock height but that original factory tuning feel with stiff and firm springs. I'm so tired of grinding my bottom of the car in a parking garage lol..

MessyHonda
10-26-2009, 07:07 PM
wait how do you manage to crack the stock accord springs?
rust?

89sedan
10-27-2009, 01:59 AM
stock springs removed from the car:
H-tee-tee-pee://img32.imageshack.us/i/ca5stockfront.jpg/

how much was cut from Teg springs:
H-tee-tee-pee://img38.imageshack.us/i/ca5tegfront.jpg/

I could not cut bottom coils because Teg springs are cone-shaped. If i'd cut bottoms spring would not fit to the strut.

P.S. Being a noob I cannot post links or images, so please edit these links manually :)

Tomisimo
10-27-2009, 05:55 AM
fixed :D

stock springs removed from the car:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5955/ca5stockfront.jpg

how much was cut from Teg springs:
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6453/ca5tegfront.jpg

I could not cut bottom coils because Teg springs are cone-shaped. If i'd cut bottoms spring would not fit to the strut.

P.S. Being a noob I cannot post links or images, so please edit these links manually