PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Suggestions?

LX-i
10-24-2009, 02:34 PM
What would be best for an NA A20A3 build, a mild one,

i was thinking 2.25.

but should i run a cat? or no cat? and what muffler? anyone got sound clips?

i would LOVE to hear some of these cars with an exhaust.

please and thanks.

import racer
10-24-2009, 02:53 PM
2.25 pipe,no cat,no resonator cherrybomb turbo is what i have and it has a nice sound.Not to loud.

LX-i
10-24-2009, 03:25 PM
2.25 pipe,no cat,no resonator cherrybomb turbo is what i have and it has a nice sound.Not to loud.

i would like it to stay a little quiet up untill i open it up then i want it to scream lol

Vanilla Sky
10-24-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't think you can beat the Pacesetter exhaust. Mandrel bent piping, but the muffler is crap. They sound pretty quiet until you hit it. Keep a cat, go with a Magnaflow if you need to replace yours.

Along with the exhaust change, I'd suggest getting a ceramic coated Pacesetter header. I feel that it's more crucial than the rest of the exhaust.

Civic Accord Honda
10-24-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't think you can beat the Pacesetter exhaust. Mandrel bent piping, but the muffler is crap. They sound pretty quiet until you hit it. Keep a cat, go with a Magnaflow if you need to replace yours.

Along with the exhaust change, I'd suggest getting a ceramic coated Pacesetter header. I feel that it's more crucial than the rest of the exhaust.

peacesetters header + peacesetters catback + magna flow muffler and cat = win

or be like me and rock a test pipe stock exhuast and no muffler :lol:

stat1K
10-24-2009, 10:24 PM
i would get a raptor muffler, 2.25" piping, magnaflow high flow cat. that's it... you can go with a magnaflow muffler, i know on lx-incredibles coupe the magnaflow sounds nice and low and when you're on it it's fuckin mean. the pacesetter doesn't sound good ever, on lx-incredibles OTHER coupe it sounds like a ricer fart can when you gun it, definitely has a cheap tinny sound to it in comparison to the magnaflow.

Vanilla Sky
10-24-2009, 11:01 PM
I didn't mind it so much. I think what happens is the muffler rusts out and turn into a fart can, lol. If you catch one on ebay for cheap, you can't beat the price for the nice mandrel bent piping. That's the key with them, the mandrel bent piping.

LX-i
10-26-2009, 10:03 AM
i think ill go pacesetter header, 2.25" all the way back, no cat, and a dual tip.

...idk....id love to hear some sound clips...post em up

labeledsk8r
10-26-2009, 10:37 AM
i would get a raptor muffler, 2.25" piping, magnaflow high flow cat. that's it... you can go with a magnaflow muffler, i know on lx-incredibles coupe the magnaflow sounds nice and low and when you're on it it's fuckin mean. the pacesetter doesn't sound good ever, on lx-incredibles OTHER coupe it sounds like a ricer fart can when you gun it, definitely has a cheap tinny sound to it in comparison to the magnaflow.

+1 for the raptor muffler very good muffler for the price, magnaflows are good aswell just cost more. IF you are choping out the cat atleast put a resignator in its place, if you dont its going to give you a very ricey sound.

i owned the paceseeter exhaust aswell and the pripeing is very high quilty but the muffler is crap and is tingy at anything over 3k rpms

Demon1024
10-26-2009, 01:13 PM
not sound clips but hey :)
magnaflow ($100 or less)and sports converter ($20) on both

raggin the hatch (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=50714314)

86 with the valve timing advanced (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=42082827)

Juggalo88Accord
10-26-2009, 01:54 PM
go magnaflow wits worth tha extra money. If you dont neeed to take emissions i would get rid of tha cat. Im stilll waiting for tha day i can chop mine off

gp02a0083
10-26-2009, 03:43 PM
i like the exhaust note on that demon, i like the non raspy/tingy sound compared to the typical honda sound many civics have

Bass Man
10-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Header, 2.25", Flowmaster 40 series, 3-4" tip. Sounds increadible, deep, throaty, but it's a little loud from start to red-line.

There was a 94 Civic with a B16 and a lot of bolt-on mods, and I think it had an apexi or somethign similar. You couldn't really hear it untill he got on it, then it was like, "Did you feel that, too?" But his intake was just as loud, and that is like... insta-chub.

Civic Accord Honda
10-26-2009, 05:36 PM
gutting the cat doesent really make it much louder... atleast it didnt on my civic.. i just head a slight echo in the emptey cat.. heres a video of the sound (there is a small hole in the muffler as well)
http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=KWcSN0Va02s&sharing_token=-mARttkoL4HVbTA1dSGHIg==

and before the the gutting(yes the head gasket was just starting to leak lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=d-P7gih3VDw&sharing_token=xyMTXIE8KwnwwHVfP4h6Rw==

kentwat
10-26-2009, 06:44 PM
I was thinking of swapping my 280k cat out for one of these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110340965621&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Anyone tried one? Sorry for hijack.

Demon1024
10-26-2009, 07:03 PM
thats basically what i got

MessyHonda
10-26-2009, 07:05 PM
im loving my stock piping...i just have dc headers...and its still quiet...on my other car i did my exhuast first and it was just too loud

Juggalo88Accord
10-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Loud exhaust is always good less people jumping in front of you cuz they can hear you comming. But i have been yelled at for speeding wen im doing under tha limit just cuz it loud they think im moving fast. im still in 1st gear bitch lol

MessyHonda
10-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Loud exhaust is always good less people jumping in front of you cuz they can hear you comming. But i have been yelled at for speeding wen im doing under tha limit just cuz it loud they think im moving fast. im still in 1st gear bitch lol

no....i like to be quiet...my friends would hear be like blocks away before i got to his house.