PDA

View Full Version : lag

1lowcoupe
10-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Alright guys so my 88 kinda feels like it has vtec lol. at about 3500 it kicks in with a little more power now is there anything that would kinda cause it to lag?? kinda like its running rough that kind of lag where it feels like power drops out intermittenly under 3500 but after that its like full power no isues whatsoever.. anybody got some pointers??

P.S i just bought the car about two weeks ago

BoogerBurns
10-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Tune up.

1lowcoupe
10-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Tune up.

possibly.

2ndGenGuy
10-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Yes, you might need to adjust your timing. As it advances with RPM, it may be just coming into the timing range where it should be. Also, yes go over everything, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, battery, clean all your connections.

1lowcoupe
10-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes, you might need to adjust your timing. As it advances with RPM, it may be just coming into the timing range where it should be. Also, yes go over everything, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, battery, clean all your connections.

its got a new cap and rotor i know that much and what should timing be set at??

2ndGenGuy
10-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Timing marks should be on the flywheel. You will see 3 markers. Line it up to the middle one.

1lowcoupe
10-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Timing marks should be on the flywheel. You will see 3 markers. Line it up to the middle one.

ok cool ill check that too and do a tune-up.. whats the best plugs and plug wires? which ones do you guys recommend and i think i might buy a new cap and rotor cuz its a generic one and im not sure if there is a better brand or which one should i get?

2ndGenGuy
10-27-2009, 05:49 PM
NGK plugs fo sho. And NGK wires if you can get them. Generic cap and rotor are probably fine. I usually just use whatever I can get at NAPA. Autozone's generic crap seems to really suck most of the time. Always NGK plugs though. :)