PDA

View Full Version : My 77 project, some questions...

Thyfire
10-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi. I Hope someone can answer my questions.

I'm looking for some spear parts for my 77'mod Accord.
I know there was some changes done after 79' and to 81'
but do anyone know how significant these changes was?
I heard they made the fender longer/wider?

I need a front wheel arch, a fender light (dunno what that is called), and stuff like antenna, back windshield wiper.

Can I get this from a 79 and newer?

An other thing, I would like to see some pictures of the interior of an original Accord. Preferable a yellow/beige one. Anyone have some pics, or links?

Do anyone have tips for cleaning leather/fabric interior?

btw, I have a non-USDM Accord. Europe. Have the same bumper as JDM.

~Maria

lostforawhile
10-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi. I Hope someone can answer my questions.

I'm looking for some spear parts for my 77'mod Accord.
I know there was some changes done after 79' and to 81'
but do anyone know how significant these changes was?
I heard they made the fender longer/wider?

I need a front wheel arch, a fender light (dunno what that is called), and stuff like antenna, back windshield wiper.

Can I get this from a 79 and newer?

An other thing, I would like to see some pictures of the interior of an original Accord. Preferable a yellow/beige one. Anyone have some pics, or links?

Do anyone have tips for cleaning leather/fabric interior?for the leather, real saddle soap, and a horsehair brush and lots of ass and elbows, then use one of those protectors on it.

Ichiban
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM
I seem to remember '79cord bitching about how he sees people mix the two styles of fender on one car. Apparently they interchange, but the fender flare on one stops at the body line, while on the other fender it continues to the bottom.

I think your best bet is to grab some tools and go junkyard cruising!

1GCustomAccord
10-29-2009, 03:44 PM
The 79 fender is the same as the 81 fender, that didnt change.
The "fender light" or side marker is also the same for both years.
The antenna is the same, and... the rear wiper is the same.
The noticeable changes for the 80-1 model are the engine displacement from 15xx to 1751, longer plastic ends of bumpers, different tail lights, the piece of sheet metal under the front bumper changed shape, the front windshield came with a shade in the upper part, the center console was a little taller, the dash indicators changed slightly in function and in some markets the front grille, hood, and wheel design changed also, almost all the rest is the same.:):):):)

Thyfire
10-30-2009, 12:06 AM
The 79 fender is the same as the 81 fender, that didnt change.
The "fender light" or side marker is also the same for both years.
The antenna is the same, and... the rear wiper is the same.
The noticeable changes for the 80-1 model are the engine displacement from 15xx to 1751, longer plastic ends of bumpers, different tail lights, the piece of sheet metal under the front bumper changed shape, the front windshield came with a shade in the upper part, the center console was a little taller, the dash indicators changed slightly in function and in some markets the front grille, hood, and wheel design changed also, almost all the rest is the same.:):):):)

I was wondering if the 77 fender is the sames as 79/81modells.

It sucks that they made finding parts for the 76-78 models so hard!
Worst thing is that there is only a 5% to ever find one of these in the junkyard :(

Anyone know some one I can contact on the forum to sending me some minor parts? Bubsocket, windsheildwiper and some interior details?

79cord
10-30-2009, 03:22 AM
From my '77's thread:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68441

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3327/241/33315120006_large.jpg
'79 on left, '77 on right
Note the smoothly blended lower front edge of the wheel-arch of the '77, where '79 & later models wheel-arch continued to protrude from the surrounding metal all the way down. & note how much higher and rounder the upper middle peak of the '79 wheel-arch is compared to that of the '77.

The earlier '77-'78 front panels certainly are harder to find with Honda still gaining buyer acceptance & increasing production rates as the years went on (hope the old panels are repairable?).

Ignore my '79's custom wheels & removed badges, side-trim & side indicators which originally were exactly the same.

Underneath the changes were even more extensive with a new engine, gearbox, electronic ignition distributor, wiring, longer rear suspension A-arms, new rear struts with revised mountings & angled spring mountings, new hand-brake cable arrangements & revised evaporative emissions. Not even the fuel door is interchangeable.

So LOTS of little changes occurring every year, particularly between '78 & '79, though lots is also still interchangeable & small trim pieces like mirrors & aerials might also come from Civic.

Regarding interior:
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3327/241/33315120004_large.jpg
(please ignore that horrid wheel cover fitted by previous owners)

Soap & water shouldn't pose any problems for vinyl seats & door trims. Though the pinstriped ginger cloth seat inserts wear through to show more of their underlying black threads.

Could the German Honda forum I found through the Nipponklassik website also be of assistance to you?

Thyfire
10-30-2009, 08:01 AM
From my '77's thread:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68441

Picture

'79 on left, '77 on right
Note the smoothly blended lower front edge of the wheel-arch of the '77, where '79 & later models wheel-arch continued to protrude from the surrounding metal all the way down. & note how much higher and rounder the upper middle peak of the '79 wheel-arch is compared to that of the '77.

The earlier '77-'78 front panels certainly are harder to find with Honda still gaining buyer acceptance & increasing production rates as the years went on (hope the old panels are repairable?).

Ignore my '79's custom wheels & removed badges, side-trim & side indicators which originally were exactly the same.

Underneath the changes were even more extensive with a new engine, gearbox, electronic ignition distributor, wiring, longer rear suspension A-arms, new rear struts with revised mountings & angled spring mountings, new hand-brake cable arrangements & revised evaporative emissions. Not even the fuel door is interchangeable.

So LOTS of little changes occurring every year, particularly between '78 & '79, though lots is also still interchangeable & small trim pieces like mirrors & aerials might also come from Civic.

Regarding interior:
Picture
(please ignore that horrid wheel cover fitted by previous owners)

Soap & water shouldn't pose any problems for vinyl seats & door trims. Though the pinstriped ginger cloth seat inserts wear through to show more of their underlying black threads.

Could the German Honda forum I found through the Nipponklassik website also be of assistance to you?

Thanks for the awesome pictures :D
The Forum link is not necessary since I don't know German hehe.

Very nice interior.
I've been unlucky, the previous owner have retouched the interior details with red spraypaint. I have the same color interior as you have in you picture XD Hope I could get it off in some way.

I need some trim pieces, but don't really know how to get ahold of any.

1GCustomAccord
11-03-2009, 05:24 AM
I was wondering if the 77 fender is the sames as 79/81modells.

It sucks that they made finding parts for the 76-78 models so hard!
Worst thing is that there is only a 5% to ever find one of these in the junkyard :(

Anyone know some one I can contact on the forum to sending me some minor parts? Bubsocket, windsheildwiper and some interior details?

OH, i didnt realize your car is 77´, ok, as 77cord said, the fender changed from 79 model, so if you cant find any 77 fender for your car, maybe you can find a set of two 79/81 fenders and change your car a little, they are bolt-on, and looks better i think. :)