PDA

View Full Version : k&w permanent block sealer

mattr89lxi
10-29-2009, 12:21 PM
so i got all the symtoms of a blown head gasket and have been thinking bout throwing some k&w sealer in it...thing is ive heard the storys about it blocking up coolant passage ways that its not supposed to and stuff like that so the question is....

has anybudy on here uses this product on there 3rd gen acccord? and did it work for you? or did it f*ck ur car up?

my car symtoms right now are...

*everyonce in a while my check engine light turns on...mostly when my car is driving at its worst (putting and back firing horribly) and then the light goes on and car starts driving a little better
*putting
*backfiring or misfiring
*kind of making a pinging noise
*oil light blinks sometimes while im at a stop sign comletely stopped or when im in park
*have to fill it up with antifreeze often cause it always runs out
*and must be burning oil cuz it always low

what other posiblitys might be wrong with my car?? help guys!!!

gp02a0083
10-29-2009, 03:09 PM
sounds like you got a really bad problem there, i agree the head gasket is a reason for the missing coolant. check to see what code the ecu shows, but there's a lot more going on...

Ichiban
10-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I tried a block seal product on my truck (GM 350) because of both heads failing from a well known defect. Seems to me the fix held for a few days, maybe a week. I replaced the heads, problem solved.

nswst8
10-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Please do not use this in your vehicle "MOST" of these products are just a simple snake oil remedy. It will cause more problems than it helps.

Just replace the head gasket. It is not difficult on these engines.

Just some good old fashion maitenence.

The check engine light coming on and the engine performing better was a symtom when I changed my O2 sensor and had crossed the wires. Yours could be bad.

Put a clean piece of cardboard under your car after a drive. and note the spots location. Make sure all of your fluids are topped off before the drive.

What things have you done to the car? How long have you owned it?

88Accord-DX
10-29-2009, 05:01 PM
I haven't used it on any car personally, but heard it works pretty good on cracks in the head & block. Sounds like your car needs more than just a quick fix remedy.
Have the coolant system pressure tested & make sure it's the headgasket. Replacing a head gasket isn't to bad of a job, but isn't for "oil change John".