PDA

View Full Version : Thread about Manufacturers

Tomisimo
10-31-2009, 04:33 AM
Well, This thread is all about Manufacturers.. I mean, those that make replacement parts for our cars, I know that price can tell how good the part is, but its sometimes not the case..
I know and hear about Moog, three-five are good
but what about
*RAYBESTOS
*MEVOTECH
*BECK/ARNLEY
*ACDELCO
Are those companies to be trusted?

please feed in from your experience, to have this thread for references..

lostforawhile
10-31-2009, 06:45 AM
stay away from the carter fuel pumps, nappa sells them still, a lot of places quit selling them because they are junk. Beck Arnley is a good brand they've been making import parts for a long time.

turabaka
10-31-2009, 09:37 AM
ACDelco is usually remanned factory parts. Occasionally they're repackaged factory parts. So yeah, they're good parts.

LX-incredible
10-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Raybestos professional grade, Moog, and Evertech suspension parts are made by three-five in Japan. When it comes to brake calipers, master cylinders, and really anything brake related, Raybestos is excellent.

Beck/Arnley parts are made by a variety of manufacturers, including three-five, NOK, and several other OEM producers. I've had some chinese and even a POS italian made clutch cable from them as well. You get what you get and usually get lucky...

AC Delco is usually overpriced OEM parts, though I've gotten some junk from them as well. Not really worth the price.

No idea with Mevotech, I've only heard of them recently. Their ball joints look to have poly boots from the pictures, but I have no idea of the quality.

Tomisimo
10-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Just a man I was looking for ^^ Can you make a thread with ccomplete Bushing overhaul, I know you found out from what car you can use poly bushings..

carotman
11-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Mevotech rebuilds stuff.

It had a rebuilt quality. I've bought axles from them and they usually seem fine. Don't expect these parts to last as long as new ones from the dealer.

LX-incredible
11-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Beck/Arnley parts are made by a variety of manufacturers, including three-five, NOK, and several other OEM producers. I've had some chinese and even a POS italian made clutch cable from them as well. You get what you get and usually get lucky...

I'd like to add that I recently received a front uca bushing kit from Beck/Arnley that was absolute garbage. Last one I bought was made in Japan, this was Taiwanese with loose fitting bushings and shitty seals. Bummer. :(

LX-incredible
11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Just a man I was looking for ^^ Can you make a thread with ccomplete Bushing overhaul, I know you found out from what car you can use poly bushings..

I have it posted it in 3 or 4 bushing overhaul/suspension threads. Here the one with the most info: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65258

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions though.

lostforawhile
11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Mevotech rebuilds stuff.

It had a rebuilt quality. I've bought axles from them and they usually seem fine. Don't expect these parts to last as long as new ones from the dealer.

on older cars a lot of parts aren't made anymore so they get rebuilt, most quality rebuilt axles just use the axle shaft with new CV joints on both ends