PDA

View Full Version : Randon thing that happened today.

Importordomestic
10-31-2009, 10:31 PM
I was in my shop working on my 87 hatch when this white cat showed up and started walking around. I stoped working and looked at the cat and immediately realized that this is the cat that has like 50 million missing posters up around my neighborhood. I quickly scooped him up put him in my cat carrier and went to track down a sign for the phone number.

called the owners and a few hours later they came by after takeing their kids trick or treating. Well when the guy gets here he sees my shop and both my hatches. We start talking and turns out this guy is much of a honda nut as I am. He starts looking at my ls/vtec sitting in my 88 hatch engine bay and turns and aske me if I would like a H23? I was like 0_o how much you want for it? HE says well my kids are goign to be so happy that our cat was found how about you come get it..... So #$%^%& YEAH.

on random found cat = one free H23....

A18A
10-31-2009, 10:47 PM
haha yay nice score!!

Juggalo88Accord
11-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Jesus Thats an amazing story! Your one lucky bastard congrats:birthday:: Its tha closest smiley i could find lol

ShyBoyCA6
11-01-2009, 01:37 AM
:rockon:you sir are one very lucky person

Civic Accord Honda
11-01-2009, 02:07 AM
haha damn hell yeah man!!! thats some good luck for ya!
so is the h23 going in the 3g? :D

Tomisimo
11-01-2009, 03:14 AM
H23 with H22 jdm head maybe?

Congrats, you are one lucky bastard j/k

mykwikcoupe
11-01-2009, 11:04 AM
and people think theirs no such thing as karma. I bet next time you see some way to be kind or helpful youll jump right on it. Sweet and congrats. Reminds me of the AT&T lost dog commercials

2ndGenGuy
11-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah definitely good karma right there! Nice man!

Importordomestic
11-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Well it actually happened!!! the guy wasnt shitting me he told me to call him today at 6:00pm and he gave me directions which was close as hell to my house (seems logical as his cat was in my garage) went over there and picked up the engine its in my shop floor right now.

+ free motor
- missing throttle body Dizzy timing gears oh and no trans or flwheel. It is originally from a 94 honda Prelude it

supposedly was rebuilt by a sorta known honda builder here in Alabama - "Ängelo" - yeah really and truly i have no idea it supposedly never stopped burning oil. so the owner swapped in a h22

haha damn hell yeah man!!! thats some good luck for ya!
so is the h23 going in the 3g? :D

Well this is a tough question. I have 2 3g hatches. Both are identical bodies and originally the same paint color. One is a 87 with the 88 - 89 body and the other is a 88.
my 88 is getting the turbo 2.0L ERL Superdeck I ls/Vtec. so its plans are set in stone as im about 80% complete with the project.

As for my 87 ???? im in process of doing a OEM rebuild on its engine. But i have enough materials let to build another set of engine mounts so maybe. a h23wasnt on my scope of engine to own or posess so its the curve ball.
alternatively i have a stock block b18a1 with eagle rods and weisco pistons for a stock block turbo build I could put in the 87 (but lord i wouldne want both my honda to be turbo maintneance would be out the ass. and I have a B20b in perfect running condition still in the crv at that. - way to many choices......
Please help me decide lol...

H23 with H22 jdm head maybe?

Congrats, you are one lucky bastard j/k

Since im missing both the cam gears and the dizzy this will be the only way to move forward with this project and mke it an extreme NA build.

and people think theirs no such thing as karma. I bet next time you see some way to be kind or helpful youll jump right on it. Sweet and congrats. Reminds me of the AT&T lost dog commercials

Yes Sir

PICTURES!!!!!
EDIT - holy mother, re-sizing images!!

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8983/hpim1018.jpg (http://img171.imageshack.us/i/hpim1018.jpg/)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7485/hpim1021i.jpg (http://img171.imageshack.us/i/hpim1021i.jpg/)

A20A3 rebuild in progress for the 87 hatch
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8523/hpim1023j.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/i/hpim1023j.jpg/)

Sneaky Peaky - coming to a build thread near you!!
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4017/hpim1024.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/i/hpim1024.jpg/)

Thanks guys for all the hospitality!!

mykwikcoupe
11-01-2009, 07:45 PM
maybe not of use to you but as a seller for funds to further another project? Overall what has the best or better overall goals for you? Thats the way Id think about it. Then I chose the opposite one just to make it hard on me.

Importordomestic
11-01-2009, 08:14 PM
maybe not of use to you but as a seller for funds to further another project? Overall what has the best or better overall goals for you? Thats the way Id think about it. Then I chose the opposite one just to make it hard on me.

Ah what to do with it? Selling it to fund my other 1000 projects or adding it as my 1001 project? Just thought of going over and getting my Fathers 1G and stuffing it in there....LOL

My overall goals with the 87 was to make it a nice DD. swapping motors will take some of that away as its a oddity for the car, and after alot of work it could become a dependable dd.

-But i have never been the one to leave well enough alone.

Civic Accord Honda
11-01-2009, 10:02 PM
nice!!! if you ever wanna sale that H23 intake manifold let me know when i have some money and ill buy it ( i have no moneys right now tho haha)

Rendon LX-i
11-01-2009, 10:07 PM
man.....why did he swap to a h22 LOL...all he could of done is put a h22 head with some slight work....type s pistons and f22 rods and crank...HOLLY BATMAN.....Great deal bro.

nice progress on the hatchy. what mounts you using?

Importordomestic
11-02-2009, 09:21 AM
nice!!! if you ever wanna sale that H23 intake manifold let me know when i have some money and ill buy it ( i have no moneys right now tho haha)

If I sell the engine as is, it will go as a whole. if i decide to switch things around with a h22 head, I will keep you in mind.

man.....why did he swap to a h22 LOL...all he could of done is put a h22 head with some slight work....type s pistons and f22 rods and crank...HOLLY BATMAN.....Great deal bro.

nice progress on the hatchy. what mounts you using?

I made the mounts from scratch using some yota end links and 85a poly bushings and 1/4'' steel plate.

Im working on my build thread and will have it posted soon. I wil link it here.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9166/hpim1025.jpg (http://img249.imageshack.us/i/hpim1025.jpg/)

Mike's89AccordLX
11-02-2009, 10:01 AM
The frankenstein swap isn't very reliable from what I remember when I was on www.preludepower.com Starting to miss my 94 lude with the h23a1 motor now too :/ Personally though I had my h23a1 modified pretty dang good other than a turbo or h22 conversion. It was only making 181 whp with 185ft lbs of torque. I personally would sell that motor and get something better with more power or just buy better parts with the money from it and fund your projects.

Just goes to show you that we should all do the right thing. Congrats on the motor.

-Mike

87roach
11-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Saving kitties ftw :D

Rendon LX-i
11-02-2009, 12:25 PM
The frankenstein swap isn't very reliable from what I remember when I was on www.preludepower.com Starting to miss my 94 lude with the h23a1 motor now too :/ Personally though I had my h23a1 modified pretty dang good other than a turbo or h22 conversion. It was only making 181 whp with 185ft lbs of torque. I personally would sell that motor and get something better with more power or just buy better parts with the money from it and fund your projects.

Just goes to show you that we should all do the right thing. Congrats on the motor.

-Mike

Really? my buddy pushing 230 with that setup. H22a instead of the h23 but no much of a different using the type s pistons. The f22 crank has a shorter stroke or something like that. f22 rods. and h22 head with some slight work. IDK if you know Crazytunning.com from cb7.com He lives here in my town he took me for a ride he broke loose on 6,000 rpms. CRAZY powA band. He ported the head himself. Took out the bufferflys that are inbetween the runners.....EASY build with some great gains. IM not saying your wrong BUT hearing and seening is a whole different ball park. I would DIFF. go with the h22 build. Cant replace deplacement for replacement. LOL.....

SO i say YES go with the build. :slap:

O BTW if you cant tune you wont have the bad ass numbers he had either. This guy can tune in his sleep that how good he is....

BUT sorry to here you couldnt get that much hp out of your h23.....Its funny cause i almost was pushing that on my T25 setup LMFAO... with only 8lbs with a choking exhuast system.

Civic Accord Honda
11-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Really? my buddy pushing 230 with that setup. H22a instead of the h23 but no much of a different using the type s pistons. The f22 crank has a shorter stroke or something like that. f22 rods. and h22 head with some slight work. IDK if you know Crazytunning.com from cb7.com He lives here in my town he took me for a ride he broke loose on 6,000 rpms. CRAZY powA band. He ported the head himself. Took out the bufferflys that are inbetween the runners.....EASY build with some great gains. IM not saying your wrong BUT hearing and seening is a whole different ball park. I would DIFF. go with the h22 build. Cant replace deplacement for replacement. LOL.....

O BTW if you cant tune you wont have the bad ass numbers he had either. This guy can tune in his sleep that how good he is....

BUT sorry to here you couldnt get that much hp out of your h23.....Its funny cause i almost was pushing that on my T25 setup LMFAO... with only 8lbs with a choking exhuast system.

damn you rendon... making me want to build an engine LOL

Importordomestic
11-02-2009, 08:28 PM

Hey Rendon, Want to build my H23? :D

Rendon LX-i
11-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Sure.....but your far away. LMFAo

get a h22 head you dont even have to build it. use the cams off a ..... Ill get back to you on that. Type s pistons f series crank/rods. and some bad ass tunning youll be up on the 200 plus EASYLY. Ill have to take a vid of my buddys 0 dollar build they call it. ItS really cheap if you want good decent power. i mean b series or even k series wont touch you with that easy build.

Civic Accord Honda
11-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Sure.....but your far away. LMFAo

get a h22 head you dont even have to build it. use the cams off a ..... Ill get back to you on that. Type s pistons f series crank/rods. and some bad ass tunning youll be up on the 200 plus EASYLY. Ill have to take a vid of my buddys 0 dollar build they call it. ItS really cheap if you want good decent power. i mean b series or even k series wont touch you with that easy build.

videos nao kthxbi

Rendon LX-i
11-02-2009, 08:55 PM
well do.....this week if i can get ahold of him. he is in seattle at the moment tunning some serious cars.

88Accord-DX
11-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Looks great. I knew this for a long time, just take some time to fabricate some steel & a little bit of welding & bam, mounts. Looks great, keep it up.

charliekuney
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
he is in seattle at the moment tunning some serious cars.

Seattle for the win!

Rendon LX-i
11-02-2009, 10:07 PM
lol....