PDA

View Full Version : Fender Flares?

JFern
11-01-2009, 10:38 PM
I was at my new store and everyone at my store (obviously not used to seeing a 3g accord hatch) kept asking if it was a corolla...... which got me thinking about a few of my friend's AE86's and i got to thinking..... has anyone ever tried flaring the fenders on our accords? or adding flares like the CBY ones for the corollas?

Personally i think that the Hachi's look pretty sweet with flares, and since our hondas are very similar i was wondering if a 3g would also look good with flares (or be a complete disaster). What do you guys think?

i know that we have a little bit of flare from the factory, but there might be something to flares for bigger tires on the track (im going to see if i can borrow some to place on my car for comparison)

Example: http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm68/GiovanniJr/0127kw2.jpg

Joay
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I think I saw an S30 or something and thought about making a set. There's a really good DIY for fiberglassing them over some kind of foam, I think they used a yellow Datsun 510, and I sort of went back and forth about it. If my car had a lot more rust, I would definitely go for it. I just don't want to hack perfectly good fenders out for something I may or may not like. You can technically leave the stock fenders intact, but it defeats the purpose.

itzdave
11-02-2009, 02:02 PM
id love to have some, i think they look pretty sick!

oldschoolhatch
11-02-2009, 07:32 PM
before i got my 3g i was pretty into ae86's, so since i got my 3g iv always kind of wondered this too. if i can ever find a local set for cheap ill prob try this, but im not going to go buy new ones. if anyone does try this i would really like to see pics of it.

stat1K
11-03-2009, 06:52 AM
it would only be cool with low offset wheels, since that's the whole point, wide tires and low offset...

joshskillz
05-18-2014, 11:31 PM
So no one has done this yet to a sedan or hatch? ...... smh its just a car. Chop it up and throw them on.
if I end up doing this ill make sure to post some pics.
btw I'm running 16x8+0 on 195/45/16 and I already ordered SPC rear arms that go to negative 2 degrees. If that's not enough then I will run flares on the rear

http://i57.tinypic.com/2m84p3r.jpg

Calabek
05-19-2014, 02:11 AM
Click to enlarge

Could people please stop contacting me about this picture. I thought it would be obvious the car wasn't mine as it says on my profile and my signature and in my build thread that I don't - and have never - owned a white hatch. So let me spell it out; I do not own the car in this picture. I do not own a white Accord hatch. I have not bought fender flares. I do not own fender flares. Your best bet to find some would probably be eBay.

joshskillz
05-19-2014, 04:33 AM
Click to enlarge

Not bad

gyates93
05-23-2014, 06:00 AM
Click to enlarge

Neat rims!

pajamas95
05-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Click to enlarge

Did you buy the flares? If so, where did you get them? Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry for bothering you...I should have looked a little closer and realized it wasn't your car before asking you.

Calabek
06-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Click to enlarge

Could people please stop contacting me about this picture. I thought it would be obvious the car wasn't mine as it says on my profile and my signature and in my build thread that I don't - and have never - owned a white hatch. So let me spell it out; I do not own the car in this picture. I do not own a white Accord hatch. I have not bought fender flares. I do not own fender flares. Your best bet to find some would probably be eBay.

NotFast
06-04-2014, 11:38 AM
So no one has done this yet to a sedan or hatch? ...... smh its just a car. Chop it up and throw them on.
if I end up doing this ill make sure to post some pics.
btw I'm running 16x8+0 on 195/45/16 and I already ordered SPC rear arms that go to negative 2 degrees. If that's not enough then I will run flares on the rear

http://i57.tinypic.com/2m84p3r.jpg

This car is sick in person.

honda guy
05-27-2015, 02:11 PM
I know this thread is old but maybe ill get a response of who owns the white hatchi in the pic.

I myself am doing flares on my hatchi and going to try going real low with a air ride kit. Ive always loved the ae86 and did have a 85 sr5 once. I picked this car cause no one in my town has one done up and it is just like the ae86 and the s12. One day id love to do the s2k swap on it and make it a tru rwd cause i think they should of made that car one. Their was a kid that had a fart can and cheap rims on it but i think he killed it cause i havnt seen it around this year.
I wonder who does own that white 3g in that pic.....would love to see a build thread on it.