PDA

View Full Version : car wont run help

2slo
11-03-2009, 09:20 AM
alright so i was driving my hatch the other day and whenever i came to stop it wanted to die. When i shut the car off and let it sit for a while it started back up just fine and then i made it about 100 yards and it just died and wouldnt start back up. it was wet and i did hit a puddle but my distributor is dry now and it still wont run unless i rev it. if i try to hold the rpms steady it just dies. it will only run if i continue to rev it. maybe my fuel pump or filter is at fualt. any help would be appreciated.

89accordlx33
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Maybe a clogged fuel filter, if you haven't done that in the last year you might want to. Use a fuel pressure gauge make sure you have fuel pressure. That happened to me a couple years ago, it was my carb, the venturi's were missing screws so it was just sitting in there. You can reach your fingers in the top of the carb and see if they wiggle. Hope it helps.

2slo
11-10-2009, 12:49 PM
ill try that i forgot to say it has a stage 4 vacuum removal too if that helps any

greentee76
11-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. Did you lose a cap?

Ichiban
11-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Did you lose that stupid wire to the idle mixture solenoid? I've been asking everyone that lately.....

guerrero
11-15-2009, 03:06 PM
check your fuel pump it might be ready to go out, i just had this problem, it would start when it wanted and die when it wanted, toke out the pump all fuel filters replaced, adjusted the carb and know i dont have this problem, if the pump sifter is black you need to take the fuel tank off and clean it... in about 1/2 year im going to do a weber conversion, less problems with the carb. if you have a vacuum leak use carb cleaner on the hoses to find the problem.

ShyBoyCA6
11-15-2009, 03:29 PM
sounds like fuel pump is giving out and fuel fitler might be clogged and if the strainer is brown means that all those will have to be replaced and i think maybe the 02 sensors as well thats what i think cause when i changed my fuel pump and fuel filter and turn the car on my check engine light came on and i was like what the fuck one problem after the next so i went to a mechanic and they told me that my sensors went out.......hope this helps

and btw everything that i changed in the car was stock imangine a 21 year old fuel pump and fuel filter?? shit my gas was brown