PDA

View Full Version : Failing Brakes

Accy
10-04-2002, 10:25 AM
:wtf: I was driving along @ about 65km/hr behind somebody about 50 feet or so and these two assholes were stopped bitching @ each other in the middle of the frigin road. Maybe their wives werent putting out, who knows, so the van that I was following swerves out of the way and jumps a curb and takes off shortly after. I however am left with these jokers stopped. BOOM I slam on my 3g brakes which I found out are pretty damn good. I skid for about 10 feet. I was about 2 feet from an Audi A8. CLOSE ONE (considering no collision) I honk my horn do my cursing and yelling. I then take off and I come to a stop sign, well low and behold my brakes dont work. Luckily I have a 5spd so stopping wasnt too hard. What had happend was when I slammed my brakes on my Brake Flex line had bursted. Has this happend to anyone else. it cost me about $140 canadian with labour. Wanna know if this happens a bit

Thanks
-Matt

Dutchboy
10-04-2002, 02:03 PM
It would happen especially if the lines were old and they were probably already buldging and ready to give at anytime...

That sucks...good thing you managed to stop....
BEn

ACCORD EX
10-06-2002, 11:43 AM
happened to our old car before ! :(

MIKE