PDA

View Full Version : need help, i think its...................

fijisac
11-03-2009, 07:48 PM
well today i went to autozone and as i was leaving i heard a loud pop sound and then my car would not move, so i pushed it back into the parking lot. the car does not moving in any gear and the car does not hold in park (the car moves in the park position) i searched on here and did not find anything so if anyone can plz help me out i would really thankful. oh and on other note, i check the tranny fluid and their is no metal or fiction material in the fluid and dont be shy to tell me wut is wrong with it.

itzdave
11-03-2009, 07:52 PM
cv joint maybe?
if the car is running and in gear and you step on the gas, if the speedo shows that ur accelerating, then it sounds like it could be the cv joint.

headbanger
11-03-2009, 08:15 PM
sounds like the cable or linkage that runs from shifter handle to tranny.

fijisac
11-05-2009, 09:13 AM
cv joint maybe?
if the car is running and in gear and you step on the gas, if the speedo shows that ur accelerating, then it sounds like it could be the cv joint.

well it did but now it doesn't, well i'm going to take another look at the car amd see what i can do

fijisac
11-05-2009, 09:15 AM
sounds like the cable or linkage that runs from shifter handle to tranny.

well it shifts fine, it goes into all the gear and the light shows up on the cluster but it does does not go anywhere and when i do put it in gear i hear a grinding sound...

headbanger
11-07-2009, 08:54 AM
well it shifts fine, it goes into all the gear and the light shows up on the cluster but it does does not go anywhere and when i do put it in gear i hear a grinding sound...

then it either has to be a cv joint failure or it is possible I guess that maybe something broke in the tranny.I would jack up front end put it on blocks lock the e-brake then start it ,put it in gear an watch the wheels on it whichever one isnt turning take out that axle an inspect it (also make sure to check the splines on end of the shaft that goes into tranny could have stripped them out.