PDA

View Full Version : brake performance

dhcarss
10-04-2002, 01:17 PM
Has anyone had there booster go out? I think mine is going out, I can sit at a redlight and some times the brake will go to the floor, I can pump it back up and not have a problem for a while, but not a good feeling when you brake goes to the floor. haha. Doesnt this sound like the booster? havent checked it out yet..

Dutchboy
10-04-2002, 01:59 PM
NO it wont be the booster....
Im almost garunteed that its the master cylinder....If you recently did brake work you may have got air into the lines,

A faulty booster would more likely make the pedal feel Super hard and make it very hard to brake,,,not what your describing.

BEn

tyne89
10-04-2002, 04:48 PM
i got the same problem. its probaly air in the lines but it could be the master cylinder. i think mine is the master cylinder cause no matter how hard i hit my brakes they will never even come close to locking up. i did everything to the brakes and bleed them twice so im pretty sure.

SiR
10-04-2002, 04:53 PM
If there is no brake leak, try to bleed the brakes and see how it goes for a while. If it was the booster, yea, braking wil be very hard, like if the engine was not running, and you would hear a wooshing pressurize sound every time you press the brake pedal. My booster failed over a year ago due to the master cylinder leaking into the booster.

Rooz

dhcarss
10-08-2002, 05:38 AM
Very good, I put a master cylinder on yesterday, seems to be doing fine now.. I guess I was just losing presure in side the master cylinder, I had not done any brake work or anything. O well, just glad I can stop now. haha. thanks