PDA

View Full Version : Found A Cut Wire

2Fast_Fiero
10-04-2002, 01:47 PM
Allright, I've been outside trying to take the exaust manifold off the car and I gave up. I went onto taking the engine harness off of the engine so I can pull the exaust and intake manifold off and the distributer off. There is this lil canister that has some wires in a blue sleve thats connected to the engine harness that I found a cut wire. The canister has a lil aluminum cover on it that says JAPAN, I tried taking pictures but I cannot find the wire to the camera. There is a yellow wire that was profesionaly cut and I wanna know what this wire is.

dXsquared
10-04-2002, 02:11 PM
what is PROFESSIONALLY CUT?
and damn!
Travis

2Fast_Fiero
10-04-2002, 02:48 PM
Well, you know what a wire looks when its been chewed by rats or something, and you know how a wire looks like someone took a knife to it and you know how someone took a wire cutter to it......The wire is cut at an angle like --//-- that. if you were to cut a wire with wire cutters, the wire would be cut like --><--. The wire was slit by a knife and I need to know what that lil unit does, it connects to some wires that goes to that lil square plastic box with all the wires inside of it for the fuel injectors. And on the lil unit there is a metal pipe going from that to the exaust manifold.

POS carb
10-05-2002, 06:39 PM
u mean the EGR lift sensor? :confused:

2Fast_Fiero
10-05-2002, 08:27 PM
I dont know. I have pictures of it but my Digi Cam's wire is missing.