PDA

View Full Version : Have a lot of Ideas... But need some input

Shywun
11-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Ok I just got my accord hatch.. And I have a lot of ideas about what I wanna do with it... But I need some input on 1) how difficult the things I wanna do are. (2) has anyone done them before or are they possible. (3) and what would I need to do them... Ok first I wanna interior swap.. I was thinkin maybe a full interior swap from a gsr integra.. From door panels to dash to Center console to seats... And I wanna custom fit a 93 integra front and back bumper... Becuz of they availabilty of lips for that bumper... So any comments are appreciated... Thanx in advance... Oh my car is a 5 speed 86 accord hatch...

Joay
11-12-2009, 11:45 AM
First, :welcome:

1) Pretty damn. The seats from an Integra (or anything else) are fairly easy to retrofit, and the dash might not be too terrible, but the door/interior panels will be really far off. You'll have to reshape the vinyl and add/remove material all over the place, to the extent that it won't look all that much like an Integra inside and everything will fit weird. Same deal with the bumpers, they won't fit stock and even if you got them to, they probably won't match the rest of the car.

2) But you'd definitely be the first. If that's what you really want, go for it.

3) I could make a pretty long list of stuff and still not cover half of what you'd need, it's probably best to tackle each of the projects individually and take it a step at a time, figuring out what you need along the way. But you're going to need a lot of time, money, patience, and parts to fuck up the first time.

lostforawhile
11-12-2009, 11:58 AM
take what you already have and work with it, the vinyl on the tops of the doors removes as they are separate pieces, recover those and put the pieces back on. nothing else comes even close to fitting, I did a bunch of experimenting and you just have to work with the panels you have. you can't even use the later lxi panels, only 86-87 hatch panels in the car. look on my site and there are pictures about to put up a link with a video in about an hour.

Shywun
11-13-2009, 10:12 AM
I see wat you guys mean about the panels and every thong not lining up... I think I'll do the gsr front and back seats... And just restore and paint my stock panels to color match the seat... As far as the dash... I'll try the teg dash to see how it lines up and just got from there... Thanks for the help

Discovery
11-15-2009, 04:54 PM
for a start will be good some pic or something :)

ShyBoyCA6
11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
:welcome:

yo man posts some pics to give you better ideas cause we dont know what the condition is so we can talk about some parts for this hatch

Discovery
11-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Yea man some pic so we can discuss your situation, otherwise we are blind :):):)

Shywun
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
I'll post some pics the first chance I get... I need to get my hands on a digital camera first...

ShyBoyCA6
11-17-2009, 06:06 PM
well if you have a phone you can do that too