PDA

View Full Version : bad times for my 3 g

Rolin' Stock
11-14-2009, 08:27 PM
so in lat october i was in an acident which powned my 3gee. this was my blue 88 dx sedan. so for the passed week or so ive been driving my fathers 85 bmw 325e. today one of my friends called. he was also a 3gee owner and around the time of my acedent he wreked his 87 lx. So he called me and we devised a plan. he would sell me his lx for $400 and since his car had no damage to his frame and the car is structualy sound i would turn two dead cars into one not dead car. And so i bought his car. and i may need help on this project of the transplantation of the parts/working on the body. Ill have pictures up soon of both cars.

ShyBoyCA6
11-14-2009, 09:25 PM
oh man thats sucks hopefully you get your car up and running again

Rolin' Stock
11-14-2009, 09:54 PM
oh man thats sucks hopefully you get your car up and running again

i got the new chassie im driving today. and im starting work tomorow ill take some pics befor i do anything so you guys can gimmie some pointers seeing as im not much of a body guy. im more of a engien guy

Sh4d0w
11-14-2009, 10:18 PM
good luck with your new project!

2ndGenGuy
11-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Sounds like a fun project! Take lots of pics!!! :D I've always wanted to make one good car out of two.

Civic Accord Honda
11-15-2009, 01:36 AM
That sucks about the wreck but it sounds like your going to get to have a fun project in the end :)

AccordB20A
11-15-2009, 01:54 AM
pics are ftw in this case

itzdave
11-15-2009, 02:02 AM
frankenstien that ish!!!

Ichiban
11-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Sounds like a fun project! Take lots of pics!!! :D I've always wanted to make one good car out of two.

Eh, my '83 hatch was a case of making one bad car out of two worse ones....:blah:

ShyBoyCA6
11-15-2009, 01:49 PM
cool man and have fun on your project. im still working on my project car...gonna take a while to get it the way i want it

Rolin' Stock
12-24-2009, 07:03 PM
well...my camera broke when i was going to take piks...but ill see if i can get you guys on the update. i got the hood mounted and the light houseing mounted and the front bumper. i took the trunk lid off both cars and went to mount the good trunk lid and learned that the 88 trunk lid doesnt fit on the 87...fml....an so i put the old one back hping i could get it to latch after all the boddy work had taken place and low and behold it wouldnt do it so i duck taped it down and decorated the crap out of the trunk lid w/ said duck tape just for fun.

Rolin' Stock
12-24-2009, 07:07 PM
o ya..the whole front end of my car is now the style of 88 exept one light and one finder...im thinking about just finnishing the front end off and mounting the other stuf on it. pics to come when i fix my camera

LewZur
12-24-2009, 07:32 PM
i took the trunk lid off both cars and went to mount the good trunk lid and learned that the 88 trunk lid doesnt fit on the 87...fml....an so i put the old one back hping i could get it to latch after all the boddy work had taken place and low and behold it wouldnt do it so i duck taped it down and decorated the crap out of the trunk lid w/ said duck tape just for fun.

:rofl: you know what they say if you can't duct it fuck it

Rolin' Stock
12-24-2009, 08:16 PM
hay lewzur...you know if you take your side protectors of your door and clean them up real nice then paint them the same way you painted your front bumper (see my avatar) it makes the looks of the car sky rocket in awsomeness....and i live by the saying if you cant duck it fuck it

LewZur
12-25-2009, 10:54 AM
hay lewzur...you know if you take your side protectors of your door and clean them up real nice then paint them the same way you painted your front bumper (see my avatar) it makes the looks of the car sky rocket in awsomeness....and i live by the saying if you cant duck it fuck it

:thumbup: I need to do that, thinking about a bumper swap too

Rolin' Stock
12-27-2009, 09:14 PM
what bumper are you swaping too???