PDA

View Full Version : this might be a noob question..............

fijisac
11-15-2009, 09:05 PM
at night, when i drive with my lights on and my radio on, my lights dim everything the bass hit (i have Sony x-pod sub in the trunk). so is there way to stop doing that, i would like to know......

ShyBoyCA6
11-15-2009, 09:10 PM
probably some connections but if not that i think that the sub might be using to much power so it may cause that....im pretty sure it might be the sub

ShyBoyCA6
11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
correct me if im wrong

2drSE-i
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Try upgrading your grounds. This will limit the severity of the dimming lights. Its just the added current pull of your sub/amp combo, nothing to worry about though.

Bass Man
11-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Grounds are a BIG thing. If the ground wire on your amp is the same size or bigger, then throw a ground from the battery to the chassis that is the same size.

I'm running about 1300-1600 watts RMS, my lights barely dim at full-tilt. Check out my video if you click the "Why they call me Bass Man" in my signature.

fijisac
11-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Grounds are a BIG thing. If the ground wire on your amp is the same size or bigger, then throw a ground from the battery to the chassis that is the same size.

I'm running about 1300-1600 watts RMS, my lights barely dim at full-tilt. Check out my video if you click the "Why they call me Bass Man" in my signature.

Bass man, i look you to you (not in a gay way tho) your system is the shit, i wished my hit that hard, so should i just upgrade all of my grounds then cause i know i found thread about upgrade all the ground wires.

anyways, what do you think is a good sub? cause i plan on buying a new sub real soon and i heard that Rockford fosgate T1 sub is like the best thing you can buy right now

Bass Man
11-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks. I say it's all about the box, and that what I do for a local audio shop; box designs.
My subs were $250 for both 3 years ago when they looked promising, but a lot of people had bad luck with them and the company was bought out by Volcano, which stopped any possible upgrades. They are only 250 watts RMS, and I'm using twice the power.

There are a lot of good subs, the best subs, that no one knows about. T1's are expencive and are far from the best.

Check out www.stevemeadedesigns.com (http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com) for a while and look around at the subs people are using now. Steve Meade is the king of street beat, and it's easy to tell when you check out his setup compared to how much it produces.