PDA

View Full Version : 89 accord door lock and engine shaking problem

sparkmaster123
11-15-2009, 11:12 PM
hello. i am kind of new to this site. i purchased a 89 accord with 167,000 for 400 bucks yesterday and it has power locks and everything but the drivers side doesnt lock. the top of the lock button moves when i hit the lock button but it doesnt lock the door. i can seem to figure it out. any suggestions. also i was wondering why my engine shakes vilently in the engine bay when i first start my car up. could it be an engine mount or just need a tunup really bad. another thing i was wondering is how i can switch it to fuel injection. could i just take the carb off and replace it with the fuel injection from another car like mine or is there a bunch of modding that i would have to do to get it to work. any suggestions or tips would be very helpfull. thanks

ShyBoyCA6
11-15-2009, 11:22 PM
drivers door doesnt lock its a safety thing like if you lock your self out i had that problem too one night i lock my door and i was fuck my key doesnt open the drivers door and after trying to open it with the key well it open.......

sit in your car with the drivers door closed and lock see if it goes down and close the door when your outside and use your key to lock it thats what ive been doing till i get key less entry

ShyBoyCA6
11-15-2009, 11:27 PM
well about fuel injection in your car hmmmm.......i think your better off buying a FI accord cause its a pain to switch a carb to fuel injection look at pics to see the difference and what you will need to do this project you will need time/money/ and patient

oh and for the shaking check all vac lines or might need a lil tune up

sparkmaster123
11-16-2009, 12:59 AM
well for the door problem. it doesnt lock at all wether im in the vehicle or out. it really sucks cause i cant leave anything in my car. it doesnt lock no matte what i do. and for the injection problem. i dont have the money to buy another accord thats why this one was only 400 bucks. i have seen lots of poeple switch to injection but cant figure it out. im not the most car savy guy. motorcycles i can do anytrhing on but cars dont make sence to me. i am going to auto machanics school next fall but that doesnt help me now. i want to do more things to it to get better horspower but the only things i can think of with a carb is hewaders and exsaust. any suggestions?

Sh4d0w
11-16-2009, 05:51 AM
as for the locks, try holding out on the interior door handle when you hit the lock button. That worked for me until I installed a keyless entry.

Nafs Asdf
11-16-2009, 08:07 AM
The door panel isn't hard to remove. Take it off and look at what happens, or doesn't happen when you try to lock it. Maybe it's something that's jumped out of place or just plain broken.

sparkmaster123
11-16-2009, 01:50 PM
thanks guys. but now i have another problem. the gas gauge quit working. i dont know the first thing about that. is the float on the fuel pump or someplace else in the tank

sparkmaster123
11-24-2009, 12:46 AM
well i got the door to lock with the key outside it all works that way but wont lock when i push the botton on the inside. doesnt make sence to me. and i havent had time to pull the panel off to check the window. all i know is the back ones work perfect. the passenger one barely moves but it does move and the drivers wont move at all doesnt make a noise or anything. and i dont have 250 to 300 to have it brought in and fixed. would rather spend that on exsaust or a weber. lol

itzdave
11-24-2009, 01:32 AM
to lock the drivers door when ur getting out, pull the 'open-the-door' lever right after u hit the lock switch...

sparkmaster123
11-24-2009, 07:29 PM
well i took the panel off and i fixed the door lock it all works good but stuill cant get the window to do anything and still dont have 300 to get it fixed. :madflip: to all the poeple that want to be jackasses. im not stupid but not everyone has time do do this stuff or an extra car to drive while its taken apart

itzdave
11-25-2009, 01:35 AM
for the window thing, id take the panel and the door-armrest thingy off. then unplug the connector going to the window switches and see if its not too corroded up, and then make sure everything is plugged in corectly...