PDA

View Full Version : new hatch wheels project

lostforawhile
11-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Ok for the moment I gave up on the prism wheels, eventually I may finish them and put an extra set of tires on, but I spotted this last night and had no idea what the telephone dial factory steelies looked like with silver and center caps. Best thing is, I have to put a good used set of tires on my wifes car anyway, so the tires will go on the 89 Teg wheels, those wheels will go on her car, and her wheels will get painted and center caps installed,this will make me be able to roll my car out of the garage to work on it, and I'll change the tires later on. here's the video with the wheels I was working on. http://losts86hatch.tripod.com/
and here's the car i spotted the silver civic wheels on. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/verykool1/stuff/4sale11101.jpg
I personally think they would look great with skinny whites.

Rendon LX-i
11-19-2009, 06:26 PM
OH HELL NO lost. Just not hitting my taste buds on that one. Those look like the snow wheels i put on everyday. Get some mags of some sort...style flow, something that is going to turn some heads. That my friend wont turn any heads.....NO OFFENSE just my own beening and letting you know. IF you just doing this cause its cheap then i would just save your pennys bro.

But what ever floats your boat bud

ghettogeddy
11-19-2009, 06:49 PM
he already has a bunch of the wheels would only be the cost of paint

lostforawhile
11-19-2009, 07:07 PM
OH HELL NO lost. Just not hitting my taste buds on that one. Those look like the snow wheels i put on everyday. Get some mags of some sort...style flow, something that is going to turn some heads. That my friend wont turn any heads.....NO OFFENSE just my own beening and letting you know. IF you just doing this cause its cheap then i would just save your pennys bro.

But what ever floats your boat bud
it's free, except i need to replace her tires on the civic anyway, so a set of good used tires is all I need, I will probably finish the other ones later. I'll put them on and see how they look ,if they look bad no loss. just some wheel paint and a little bit of work. At least it will let me roll the hatch out and work on it.

Rendon LX-i
11-19-2009, 09:58 PM
True point. I just want to see that damn hatch come alive. Seems like it well never start

Civic Accord Honda
11-19-2009, 10:15 PM
I got 2 like that on the accord lol...

IMO put them on paint them gloss black get some chrome trim rings off ebay and the old school 81 civic center caps fit on them too! would look nice

lostforawhile
11-20-2009, 04:21 AM
True point. I just want to see that damn hatch come alive. Seems like it well never start
me too, just all this crap always seems to happen at once. :dunno:

lostforawhile
01-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Ok Ray gave me the wheels , I don't think he cares much about steel wheels, tires are shot but good enough to roll the car in and out of the garage. Contrary to what some people think, a Geo Storm does have 4x100 wheels, he had one being brought into the yard parked outside the gate and it had the wheels i was searching for on it. Went up to the yard today and pulled them. Why is it whenever a car you need is in the yard it's always parked on fire ants? car is now sitting on speaker boxes and donut wheels shoved underneath. It was parked right next to an SUV on it's side full of dried blood and bent into a U shape, yuck, someone died in that SUV, I have no doubt, you can look at a wreck and tell if there was a fatality, no way that was survivable. anyway, getting one ready for paint, wet sanded it in the bathtub, to use this duplicolor wheel paint, you first clean th wheel with soap and water, then sand it with 320 grit wet or dry paper, this gives the proper key for the paint to adhere. after wet sanding you wash all the grit off with soap again. I don't know why I taped the tire, habit I guess, tires are crap, but temporary. these wheels were really light, lighter then my aluminum rims. I was really surprised. http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/S4020957.jpg

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 03:08 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/S4020958.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/S4020959.jpg

Nafs Asdf
01-29-2010, 03:47 AM
looking nice, old school :)

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 03:48 AM
looking nice, old school :)
it'll look better when I can get the beauty rings

Dr_Snooz
01-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Very nice! I'm not a fan of putting a different maker's wheels on a car because it always looks like you have the wrong wheels on your car. That said, those look good. The Honda emblem really pulls it off. Can't wait to see the beauty rings.

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Very nice! I'm not a fan of putting a different maker's wheels on a car because it always looks like you have the wrong wheels on your car. That said, those look good. The Honda emblem really pulls it off. Can't wait to see the beauty rings.

I have to wait until I get my taxes,when I first saw these on a yoda, i thought they looked just like early Honda wheels.

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Pardon the colored lug nuts, when I can afford the beauty rings i'll order a new set of lugs, I think they look good on the car, I wanted a set of wheels that people would look at and think they might be original, even if they weren't. I just like the slotted ones better then the other Honda steelies with the holes. the early Honda wheels from the 60's and 70's look like these as far as the slots. These are just 14's instead of 12's or 13's

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/S4020960.jpg

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 01:19 PM
here's one from a 76 civic wagon. notice how much the wheels look alike? it would have has H center caps also but they don't show well in this picture http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/pic_1_civic76_arizona.jpg

and a 76 civic

http://thisoldhonda.org/pictures/pic_1_accord_81_ext.jpg

I can't even remember the steel original wheels off of mine, when did Honda go to the ugly round hole wheels anyway?

Civic Accord Honda
01-29-2010, 06:11 PM
honda went to the hole style on all 14s and switched to the hole style on 13s in 1992

charliekuney
01-29-2010, 06:48 PM
and a 76 civic

http://thisoldhonda.org/pictures/pic_1_accord_81_ext.jpg

...'81 Accord?

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 07:11 PM
...'81 Accord?

the 76 was above it, the steelies lost all their style when they went to all holes i think

Civic Accord Honda
01-29-2010, 07:22 PM
charlie thats a 82-83 :) i had one that same color(before i rattle caned it) lol

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 08:42 PM
strange, the left wheel goes on fine, but the center cap won't go in, either the dust cap is in the way, or i need to put the cap on first before mounting the wheel ,it fit fine on the left rear but not the right rear

charliekuney
01-29-2010, 09:13 PM
the 76 was above it, the steelies lost all their style when they went to all holes i think

I knew the '76 was above it, but you had already mentioned the Civic, mentioned it again and didn't say anything about the Accord, so I was confused. :)

charlie thats a 82-83 :) i had one that same color(before i rattle caned it) lol

The picture's URL says '81. It is an '81 because that body style was released a year ahead in Japan and Europe. Notice the mirror?

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 09:54 PM
hopefully this thread will be useful, these wheels are from a geo storm, geo prism has the same wheels, also available in aluminum ,they look great painted, but require some machining to fit over the center of the honda hubs, it's possible with a die grinder and a flap wheel you could do the same thing at home, 92-96 corollas also have these steelies, I've been told at a bunch of Junkyards, that for some reason the illegals steal these cars and drive them back to Mexico, they are also imported to other spanish countries by the shipping crate full, so they can be hard to find. the steel wheels DO NOT require any work to fit, they bolt right up, only the aluminum wheels require work

Nafs Asdf
01-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Corolla wheels have a smaller hole for the hub. I know this because I've owned two (both 91 models tho).

Funny about shipping them all to Mexico, over here they go to Africa. I got 500 euro (690 usd) for my previous one, totally rusted out 91 corolla, with an oil drinking habit, from a guy that shipped cars to Africa. Doubt I could've gotten more than 200 for it from someone who would've bought it for themselves. The car was gone two hours after I put the ad up too, think I had four or five people call on it.

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Corolla wheels have a smaller hole for the hub. I know this because I've owned two (both 91 models tho).

Funny about shipping them all to Mexico, over here they go to Africa. I got 500 euro (690 usd) for my previous one, totally rusted out 91 corolla, with an oil drinking habit, from a guy that shipped cars to Africa. Doubt I could've gotten more than 200 for it from someone who would've bought it for themselves. The car was gone two hours after I put the ad up too, think I had four or five people call on it.
yea the storm i pulled the wheels from already has the engine and transmission gone, and it's a slow southern junkyard, I assume it has a yoda engine also? most boring uninspiring cars i've ever seen, basic transportation.

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 10:26 PM
my mistake it was an Isuzu based one vs the prism which is yoda based, three words for that car: fake flip ups

Civic Accord Honda
01-30-2010, 12:11 AM
The picture's URL says '81. It is an '81 because that body style was released a year ahead in Japan and Europe. Notice the mirror?

yes i know its jdm spec, and japan releases cars a year ahead, i was just saying its not a 81 in out country lol, making sure you knew it was a 2.0g and not a 1g :p