PDA

View Full Version : JDM Rear Fog Light ?

3gmodifier
11-19-2009, 11:21 PM
ok i have a set of OEM CA Accord(jdm 88-89 accord) rear fog lights. I have had them for quite some time now. i even used a spare bumper to cut and test fit. but i have never installed them because i got them with the brackets, and sub harness, but i dont have the main harness or switch..(if there is one) i wanna know how they were intended to work. are they switch operated?...are the on when the parking lights are on?.... are they on when the OEM front fog lights are on?.. or even just when ever the car is on? i really wanna finish this because i am about to get the coupe painted and i dont wanna mess up on cutting a new bumper if i cant have them working exactly as they were intended too from the factory.

AccordB20A
11-19-2009, 11:40 PM
i think they are on when the parklights are on, but theres a switch aswell to chose whether you want them on or not

Nafs Asdf
11-19-2009, 11:42 PM
ok i have a set of OEM CA Accord(jdm 88-89 accord) rear fog lights. I have had them for quite some time now. i even used a spare bumper to cut and test fit. but i have never installed them because i got them with the brackets, and sub harness, but i dont have the main harness or switch..(if there is one) i wanna know how they were intended to work. are they switch operated?...are the on when the parking lights are on?.... are they on when the OEM front fog lights are on?.. or even just when ever the car is on? i really wanna finish this because i am about to get the coupe painted and i dont wanna mess up on cutting a new bumper if i cant have them working exactly as they were intended too from the factory.

Aren't the rear fogs EDM, not JDM?

Anyhow, they're switch operated. If I recall correctly, they won't go on unless you've got the lights on too. The switch is next to the cruise button, I guess it's the same spot where the front fog switch goes. If i remember I'll take a pic of it when I get home.

3gmodifier
11-19-2009, 11:45 PM
good call on the EDM. you are correct

i am also looking for a second set. the set i have now have been refurbished.. by me and look pretty good

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j59/3gmodifier/edmcaaccordrearfoglights-1.jpg
but i want a set that is PERFECT!

if i can find i cleaner set i will sell my current set

thegreatdane
11-20-2009, 12:14 PM
You can only turn them on when the low beam headlights are on. If you have them on and you turn on the high beams they will turn off.
(I dont remember if that might differ from which country the car was made for though. For some countries they might remain on when turning on the high beams.)

Nafs Asdf
11-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Forgot to take a pic, but here's an old one I found. The fog light button is next to the cruise button in the lower left corner.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4031/15042008568.jpg