PDA

View Full Version : Remote start (y)

Hazwan
11-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Finally got the whole thing working without any problems. I had this alarm since last year and it stopped working after few months and remote start barely working since new. Few months after warranty claim later I got it back and everything working perfectly. Its one of those cheap ebay paging alarm with remote start :nervous:

Anyway I didnt have much pics of it, I had them hidden plus I dont feel like sharing pics of them haha. Stealth install ftw!

Heres a vid of the remote start in action: Remote start = sucess! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJvfyipWik8)

I hooked my mirrors to fold in when armed and fold out disarmed too.

Now to fabricate a switch so it wont start when the car is in gear haha.

Mellexx
11-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Full of Winnage :D You're tempting me to add another mod on my list for this "non existing" 3g :p

A18A
11-24-2009, 03:33 PM
and you say my wires are messy :P and about time the vid gets uploaded!! its looking good :D makes me want remote start for absolutely no reason haha

2ndGenGuy
11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Hahaha I love it! But, dude how are you gonna start the car when it's cold? Or was that a cold engine? Usually I gotta give it two pumps of the gas before it will start. :-/

Hazwan
11-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah that would be next lol. And yes I tried remote starting just now (7am) and of course it failed. I was thinking of something trunk release solenoid like this hooked up to aux channel so I could pump the gas before starting when its cold:

http://www.a1electric.com/images8/tk01kit-a.jpg

And yeah I usually need to pump once before starting when its cold. Twice sometimes depends on how 'cold' that is

A18A
11-24-2009, 04:25 PM
technology at its finest :thumbup:

smayala
11-24-2009, 04:28 PM
that will work did it on my old work truck. just make sure you mount it good those bad boys have some kick

2ndGenGuy
11-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Hahaha! Gas pump button! Push it while you're driving for BOOST!

Hazwan
11-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Haha wouldnt it faster to mash the pedal vs pushing a button lol

And yeah I'll make sure to hook them up properly. That would suck if my throttle get stuck wide open while driving. I might need to call 911 :eek:

Civic Accord Honda
11-24-2009, 09:47 PM
winrar stuff is rather winrar!

3gmodifier
11-24-2009, 10:25 PM
nice!! i had a remote feature on my sedan and i even used the one of the aux. functions to trigger a soleniod to rev the engine. i used to trip out people in parking lots all the time. then one day i got off work and remote started the car from the break room. only this time, i left the car in first.(this was the first and only time) so i clock out and go out to the lot and find my car about 30 feet from ware i parked it and saw that it had taken out a ford taurus from its left rear wheel. i actually.. um well the car actually totalled the ford. i was able to get away with it as far as my insurance was concerned. i said that i sarted the car and stepped out to take off my apron and uniform when it slipped into gear. long story short, if you have remote start on a manual. DONT LEAVE IT IN GEAR!!!!!!!!

the alarm i have now for my coupe has remote start but i did not wire that funtion in. it is cool but cant take the risk!

Hazwan
11-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Eek thats what I'm trying to avoid by fabricating some sort of switch so it wont start if the car is not in neutral. I know I never leave my car in gear unless I'm parked on hill but shit happens. I don't trust that.

2ndGenGuy
11-25-2009, 10:22 AM
If you figure out a way to make a neutral switch, definitely post that! I'm very interested!

Dr_Snooz
11-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Once again, Hazwan raises the bar. You are the MAN!

A18A
11-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Haha wouldnt it faster to mash the pedal vs pushing a button lol

And yeah I'll make sure to hook them up properly. That would suck if my throttle get stuck wide open while driving. I might need to call 911 :eek:

hahahaha

3gmodifier
11-26-2009, 12:00 AM
yeah i though about using 4 micro lever action switches mounted to my shifter or shifter link to make it impossible to start in gear but by the time i thought of that, i was ready to sell the car.

A18A
11-26-2009, 12:47 AM
i would mount it on the gearbox or something where theres no shifter play

Hazwan
11-26-2009, 01:04 AM
I was thinking of something like this: http://www.modifry.com/freebies/old/remotestart/index.htm

Shouldn't be that hard to fabricate and should be reliable enough.

I have yet to find the solenoid but I tried cold starting the car after i pumped the gas twice, it started right up so I guess everything should be good lol

Hazwan
12-02-2009, 04:22 AM
I screwed around with my carb adjustments and now it starts perfectly in the morning without touching the gas pedal at all :thumbup: Theres no need for that solenoid now yay!

So I fabbed my neutral switch today. Here are some crappy pics from my phone. POS camera died and DO NOT and NEVER EVER buy anything Samsung >.<

Anyway I have reed switch from door sensor for house alarm since gay electronics store didnt have any regular reed switches -_- It is actually harder than it looks since I have to get the alignment just right else it wont trigger properly. I mounted the magnet on the shifter with some brackets I stole from.... an old computer case. I didnt have many pics of it but I'll get some more tomorrow.

Neutral
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/ullyeus/accord/neutral_switch/DSC00006.jpg

3rd
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/ullyeus/accord/neutral_switch/DSC00005.jpg

4th
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/ullyeus/accord/neutral_switch/DSC00007.jpg

It works, car wont start if it wasnt in neutral :thumbup: Yes I know it looks ghetto but its really secure and I probably will redo the bracket for my switch

Civic Accord Honda
12-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Ftmfw

Rendon LX-i
12-03-2009, 09:43 PM
WOW...thats nice bro

Tdurr
12-04-2009, 01:20 AM
hmmmm.....

89T
12-04-2009, 04:56 AM
Nice. We use to use door lock motors to pump the gas pedal.
The car starts we use-to use you'd have to program it to manual, while the engine was still running, pull the E-brake, engage the auto start, remove the key shut the car off by remote.

what a pain in the ass. most customers would agree.

I like what you got though, its innovative.

LX-i
12-04-2009, 06:13 AM
i really want remote start...lol i want to make it my cruise control button. since the CC doesnt work anyway :kekeke:

89T
12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
lol...
wireless remote start, you know from like you'r living room.:)

LX-i
12-04-2009, 10:35 AM
lol...
wireless remote start, you know from like you'r living room.:)

yeah i got that, but i dont want that, i just want it to be like a push button start...i think thats cool.

Hazwan
12-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Nice. We use to use door lock motors to pump the gas pedal.
The car starts we use-to use you'd have to program it to manual, while the engine was still running, pull the E-brake, engage the auto start, remove the key shut the car off by remote.

what a pain in the ass. most customers would agree.

I like what you got though, its innovative.

Yeah but that wont guarantee the transmission wont be shifted once the car is turned off.

89T
12-04-2009, 01:29 PM
there was no guaranty, but you had to go through the steps so you would have to think about it.

MessyHonda
12-05-2009, 02:08 AM
i think its cool but for me......im the kinda guy who waits till the car is fully warmed up then drives off...lot of stuff can go wrong like low oil or just funny noises that you will not hear from your living room