PDA

View Full Version : dash going out?

snoopyloopy
11-25-2009, 07:23 AM
within the last few days, my dash has started flickering and the gauges would jump. at first, i thought it was my alternator/battery going again, but the lack of flickering on any other lights on killed that dream. the whole thing is flickering at just random times, not just when i signal or something like that. so is it probably the dash or is it maybe the dash dimmer control unit? and how easy is it to extract?

Dr_Snooz
11-25-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't know, but could this be the grounding wires behind the dash?

snoopyloopy
11-26-2009, 05:36 PM
i don't know, i plan to take it off after i get home and see if it's something simple like a loose wire. otherwise, idk what else it could be that would be easy to fix. ordering an all-new one is pricey lol.

Dr_Snooz
11-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I seem to remember an older thread where someone was complaining about a lot of electrical weirdness in the dash. Lostforawhile recommended checking the dash grounds (have to pull the dash apparently) and I think that fixed it.

lostforawhile
11-26-2009, 10:47 PM
there's a ground wire right near the ends of the dash, you don't have to remove the dash, check the plugs on the harnesses near the center of the dash, under near where the radio is.