PDA

View Full Version : Getting Coilovers made for us

Ju_S12_Turbo
11-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Maybe, I am seeing what people think about it. He is a friend of mine and he said all he needs is a front and rear spring/strut. I have a full parts car here and was going to send it off, but he said shipping might be a bit and to see if there was anyone else who would be interested in buying a set and maybe helping me ship it? lol. So below is the link and stuff from his post. Also he can provide Dyno sheets for the shocks for those of you who would like that.

It's just a idea, because I would like to get a full set for my car so It will ride a bit better lol.

Here is the link to the specs and stuff

Yes, we're growing and getting more involved in parts production. We've designed and created our own line of coilovers for several models of vehicles.
We're going to put together a Group Buy to get the ball rolling on production. We want to get 100 orders to produce these. With 100 units we can offer you guys and amazing introductory price. We can begin production with less units but pricing wouldnt be as good. Lets start w/ 100 and see how many we get, I'll give you guys info based on 100 orders.

100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Since this is a new product there is alot of questions the new public might have of these, are they reliable, how does it ride, how low can they go? These are all questions I look at as well when making a product, and if I wouldnt want to use it on my own vehicle or felt it was good enough, I wouldnt sell it to people. So to give you peace of mind to try our good new product we offer this guarantee. Its pretty much all emcompassing but doesnt cover things that you know ahead of time when purchasing. Before final production we will let you know what color scheme we're goin with where at that time if you dont like the color you can get your money back and get out of the GB. If you stay in and want to claim the guarantee because you dont like the color, sorry but you knew before hand. If you also want to claim guarantee because spring rates are too hard, we have the rates posted, so sorry you should have read that and figured if they were going to be too hard or not. If you want to claim warranty because they dont drop the car low enough we will accept that. I dont have a min. or max. drop spec exactly but what I can tell you is they have ALOT of adjustabiliy, just as much as a Tein, Megan, Stance, Apexi, etc... which can all drop your car real low. I can also tell you, the max. drop you'll be able to tuck the tires a good amount in the fender. Of course that also depends on tire and wheel size your running. Any more questions on the guarantee?

Here's some specs on the 2 main good ones. We'll have some details on a cheapie "economy" set later.

X1 features ride height adjustment & 12 way damper adjustment

X2 features ride height adjustment, 12 way damper adjustment & pillow ball front & rear mounts!

includes tax & shipping in California!

X1--> $500
X2--> $600
most cars

More spec info:
6061T6 Monotube body & spring perches
SCM440 hardened piston rod
Forged aluminum top mounts
SAE9254 spring
1 Year Warranty!!

http://norcaldrift.org/index.php?showtopic=4632

Joay
11-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Sounds ok, bearing in mind coilovers are already made for our cars, but there is no way in hell you're going to get 100 orders. There are hardly that many half-active users on 3Geez.

I have a stock set of all four springs & struts if you go through with it, though.

nswst8
11-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Thats why we can't get aftermarket support, not enough members to put together a 100 member group buy.

Ju_S12_Turbo
11-25-2009, 11:09 PM
nonononono. He just needs one person in reality lol. It's not a group buy in anyway. if he got 100 orders it would be cheaper for everyone (Not just accords). The coilovers we can get are K-sport and D2 right? I was just thinking this is a cheaper price for someone that wants better handling, but don't wanna shell out the money for a pricey set.

Edit: I was seeing if there was anyone that wanted some that wouldn't mind splitting the shipping charges for my stock stuff because I have a parts car chilling here and I am local to the guy lol

MessyHonda
11-26-2009, 12:31 PM
800 bucks for adjustable coil overs is not a bad price....i paid 500 bucks for koni reds and the only way to adjust them is by taking the spring off and adjusting it

Ju_S12_Turbo
11-26-2009, 02:59 PM
It's really not, But I thought for 500$ it's not half bad for a coilover with a dyno sheet. haha What I am running is just funny as hell though