PDA

View Full Version : Found a new project car

nswst8
11-25-2009, 08:50 PM
89 LXi coupe with only 112,000 original miles, interior has some sun damage but fixable. I picked it up today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370293070979&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

dacantu
11-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Are those OEM fogs wit a OEM fog switch?

Nice ride though pretty clean coupe if you ask me.

ShyBoyCA6
11-25-2009, 09:01 PM
congrats and i hate you right now lol that was gonna be my car but i guess i lost the bid lol kudos and enjoy that ride man

Sh4d0w
11-25-2009, 09:03 PM
congratz! What are your plans for this one?

A18A
11-25-2009, 09:14 PM
looks like a good buy :thumbup:

Civic Accord Honda
11-25-2009, 09:20 PM
DAMN that body looks really clean! great score!! <3 the color!
now get a black SEI interior and it will be perfect <3

nswst8
11-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Bosch fogs, ride was owned by a elderly couple out of Goleta, CA. Aside from lack of routine maintenance, it's good to go. no wrecks reported on vehicle history and it was only driven 4,000 miles per year since 1996.

This one will be going to my daughter when she turns 16 in two years. She'll have to learn how to turn wrenches on this one before she gets it.

Otherwise looking for SEi rear disc.

nswst8
11-25-2009, 10:11 PM
congrats and i hate you right now lol that was gonna be my car but i guess i lost the bid lol kudos and enjoy that ride man

My max bid was $1501.01 I had expected it to go for more than it did. I got luckly I guess. I was due some.

It will be taken care of. DC header going on this weekend.

Dr_Snooz
11-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Looks like a good one. If the door panels aren't cracked on top, then I wouldn't worry about any sun damage. Post up lots of pics as you fix her up.

RobT5580
11-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Nice find i found 2 really nice ones on auto trader recently but could not make contact with either dealership and one was in panama city florida with less than 50k. Then i found another white coupe with all the options available but no mileage posted but much closer.

I figured the low mileage one was going to be over 4k if not over 5k and the other i was actively pursuing but decided a ohio car might be hiding so potential rust that might come out in the future. So i am going to stick with the plan and buy a car that resided in a warm/dry climate so i don't have to worry about rust.

How are things going Phil? I am sure you don't miss CT LOL

nswst8
11-26-2009, 08:14 AM
That is one of the nice things about dry climates zero body rust. Thats the way I would go. I going to hit a couple of the pull a part yards here this weekend.

Things are good here in sunny southern California. Yet I can't wait to leave! Everyone still in a hurry to get nowhere and trying to find new ways to screw each other. The only good thing is knowing I have a way out of here in the end.

Not sure if you can tell or not I grew up here in San diego/San francisco.

nswst8
11-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Looks like a good one. If the door panels aren't cracked on top, then I wouldn't worry about any sun damage. Post up lots of pics as you fix her up.

It has the keihin compressor, I have a replacement denso just have to get to the pull a part to get a bracket and hoses.

MessyHonda
11-26-2009, 03:29 PM
nice upgrade

Pico
11-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Nice Phil.
More Pics when you get the car home please

nswst8
12-28-2009, 11:07 PM
To date:

New:

Timing belt
Water pump
All water hoses
Clutch (LUK 08-008)
Tie rods
Upper control arms
x 1 lower ball joint
DC Sports header
DC strut tower bar
Tokico spings
Tokico struts
Energy suspension front strut mount bushings
Odyssey PC1200MJT battery
Golden eagle Adjustru cam gear
Fuel filter

Had to replace:

Turn signal/Light combination switch (Junkyard)
Illumination controller (junkyard)
Front left fender brackets
Front bumper turn signals

Still working on A/C replaced all seals and expansion valve, replaced compressor with junkyard one appears to be in good working order. Pulled vacuum. But it still has a leak somewhere. Will track it down over the next few days.

Will be installing SPC rear upper control arms tomorrow.

Sometime next month will take test drive to Vallejo, CA to meet up with Roger aka: Pico. He is holding my rear disc setup for me.

All in all it's been fun toying around with this thing. A few more projects yet to come.

Just did all this so that I won't have to worry about it for another 60,000- 100,000 miles.

MessyHonda
12-30-2009, 01:13 AM
To date:

New:

Timing belt
Water pump
All water hoses
Clutch (LUK 08-008)
Tie rods
Upper control arms
x 1 lower ball joint
DC Sports header
DC strut tower bar
Tokico spings
Tokico struts
Energy suspension front strut mount bushings
Odyssey PC1200MJT battery
Golden eagle Adjustru cam gear
Fuel filter

Had to replace:

Turn signal/Light combination switch (Junkyard)
Illumination controller (junkyard)
Front left fender brackets
Front bumper turn signals

Still working on A/C replaced all seals and expansion valve, replaced compressor with junkyard one appears to be in good working order. Pulled vacuum. But it still has a leak somewhere. Will track it down over the next few days.

Will be installing SPC rear upper control arms tomorrow.

Sometime next month will take test drive to Vallejo, CA to meet up with Roger aka: Pico. He is holding my rear disc setup for me.

All in all it's been fun toying around with this thing. A few more projects yet to come.

Just did all this so that I won't have to worry about it for another 60,000- 100,000 miles.

wow you been working on it...i wish i had time to work on my car

nswst8
12-30-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm at a pause with it right now, holidays have put it on the back burner for a few days.

I have to go back after the timing belt, It's not timing right. And the front fender still needs some adjustment but otherwise everything is in order.

jasonrebellion
12-31-2009, 03:58 PM
awesome find man! looks awesome..mine's got all kinds of sun damage, anywhere from the tops of the front door panels to the rear seat headrest bump things lol...i wish I could find me an interior like that, I really dig the split color dash..if your daughter doesn't want it send it to me!

nswst8
01-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Update the timing issue wasn't a timing issue (I think) Acceleration was jumpy and the check engine came on while on the highway. I rememberd that you have to swap the O2 sensor wires.

After doing this everything settled right down and this baby pulls hard and fast. Rear disc going on this weekend, I'm cleaning out the porportioning valve.