PDA

View Full Version : Just a little update on the LX-i

Pages : 1 [2]

ShyBoyCA6
01-18-2010, 07:08 PM
damn thinking of getting an acura rsx 04 saw one at burbank and that shit look clean but i saw some riced out civics that didnt really needed the fruity colors and today i saw teg with a huge ass spoiler lol i just laughed

Bass Man
01-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Is it yours yet?? I wouldn't mind you rolling up here with that RS if you don't have your turbo-B 3g tuned correctly by then.

dacantu
01-18-2010, 08:54 PM
damn thinking of getting an acura rsx 04 saw one at burbank and that shit look clean but i saw some riced out civics that didnt really needed the fruity colors and today i saw teg with a huge ass spoiler lol i just laughed

damn ricers lol

Is it yours yet?? I wouldn't mind you rolling up here with that RS if you don't have your turbo-B 3g tuned correctly by then.

no tomorrow night. the bank was open today so I ave to wait till this guy gets out of work tomorrow.

and I will be done with the B before the meet comes around. If I dont have a job by then I might even go to the east coast meet rolling B. lol

stat1K
01-19-2010, 07:44 AM
don't go to uti, it's a waste of money, you'd be better off just going to like mesa community and doing their auto program, they do the same shit with tiny class sizes so more learning, and they'll do a placement program too where they put you into a dealer or help you find a job. best part is the cost is like 60 bucks a credit hour. that's probably around 60 credit hours for the same type of degree you'd get at uti, 3600 bucks vs 25k? i'll take the 3600+some fees and books anyday.

dacantu
01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
don't go to uti, it's a waste of money, you'd be better off just going to like mesa community and doing their auto program, they do the same shit with tiny class sizes so more learning, and they'll do a placement program too where they put you into a dealer or help you find a job. best part is the cost is like 60 bucks a credit hour. that's probably around 60 credit hours for the same type of degree you'd get at uti, 3600 bucks vs 25k? i'll take the 3600+some fees and books anyday.

damn I didnt know MCC had an auto program. its too damn bad I have absolutely no choice and am required to go to a university and get a degree. dont get me wrong im pretty damn book and street smart! but i hate school and studying something that im not all that interested in...

stat1K
01-19-2010, 06:38 PM
what are you studying?

dacantu
01-19-2010, 08:28 PM
im doing nursing. i know i said I hate it but i was upset with my parents lol. i do like it but i would rather study auto or something of that sort. or engineering and be bisimoto #2 lol

anyways I got the RS finally. like 20 minutes ago. so I will post some pictures of it later in off topic. Im going to install a quick release steering wheel and locking hub. and an alarm and thats it. I dont want this thing getting stolen. its way too clean. im soing the same with the accord once i get it running again.

ive been having the most depressing days too :sad2: ive been missing my ex girlfriend terribly. i did her wrong. ugh whatever though theres no going back. hopefully things pick up for me.

ShyBoyCA6
01-19-2010, 08:31 PM
im doing nursing. i mean i like it but i would rather study auto or something of that sort. or engineering and be bisimoto #2 lol

anyways I got the RS finally. like 20 minutes ago. so I will post some pictures of it later in off topic. Im going to install a quick release steering wheel and locking hub. and an alarm and thats it. I dont want this thing getting stolen. its way too clean. im soing the same with the accord once i get it running again.

ive been having the most depressing days too :sad2: ive been missing my ex girlfriend terribly. i did her wrong. ugh whatever though theres no going back. hopefully things pick up for me.

yo man cheer up maybe things will come around soon and i wanna see the rs bro

dacantu
01-19-2010, 09:06 PM
thanks bro.

and ceck out my new thread for the teg in the off topic section

stat1K
01-20-2010, 05:57 AM
i'd lie to you too if i were younger, but things don't get better they get harder, be a man pussy! :)

<3

Rendon LX-i
01-20-2010, 08:27 AM
x2

dacantu
01-20-2010, 09:00 PM
i'd lie to you too if i were younger, but things don't get better they get harder, be a man pussy! :)

<3

x2

lmfao you guys crack me up. thanks guys.

im trying but I just cant stop thinking about how good she was to me and she was just never enough for me. anyways theres no reason to change the way I am now that im single, its not like im going to get her back anyways so might as well keep being what i am (young)

stat1K
01-21-2010, 04:47 AM
GET FUCKED UP!

sorry i got excited...

Rendon LX-i
01-21-2010, 01:22 PM
haha....pat took the words out of my mouth. Be like that show on mtv......UMM NEXT!! lol

stat1K
01-21-2010, 01:56 PM
omg a next reference, that brings me back a few years. rofl...

markmdz89hatch
01-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Danny, I'm not seeing enough progress lately. Get your ass under that damn car and get something done already.

stat1K
01-24-2010, 07:15 PM
^x2

Civic Accord Honda
01-24-2010, 09:51 PM
get to work boi!!

dacantu
01-25-2010, 08:43 AM
GET FUCKED UP!
sorry i got excited...

haha....pat took the words out of my mouth. Be like that show on mtv......UMM NEXT!! lol

omg a next reference, that brings me back a few years. rofl...

lol at you 2! oh and yeah i went on a date yesterday with a cute ass philipino/italian chika so im feeling better :P

oh and I just remembered when you 2 were fighting over why i should make a video of my car lmao

Danny, I'm not seeing enough progress lately. Get your ass under that damn car and get something done already.

^x2

get to work boi!!

ugh it rained for like 3 almost 4 days straight i was like wtf? and didnt get any work done on anything. i have some updates with my interior from last weekend that i never took any pictures of. ill get those up by the end of today.

and I wont be purchasing anything for the 3gee until I can sell my integra. I already got confirmation that Innovative already has the mounts made but just needs to push in the bushings (or whatever the rubber things are called). Also no luck on finding an LS from my buddy yet.

*So pat can you do me a favor and bump my AZHT Vehicle or Sale thread every time you get a chance. The rules on the forum changed and now I cant even bump my own for sale thread. Its titled B16 Swap DA9 i think.

stat1K
01-25-2010, 11:14 AM
will do asap chiefo... yeah complain about your random rain, it's rained 5 out of the 6 MONTHS i've been here. boo hoo...

dacantu
01-27-2010, 01:21 PM
lol lucky you, but to me it continues to be weird when it keeps raining like it has been.

oh and no pictures yet guys. sorry. been too lazy

markmdz89hatch
01-27-2010, 07:08 PM
rain just washed the blood off the knuckles faster. ...and when you need a drink, just roll yourself out from under the car on you creeper, open mouth (make sure Pat's not standing over you offering up a golden shower) and get a drink of rainwater.

haha, nah, I hear you. Rain sucks, and just slows shit down. Good luck with it.

stat1K
01-27-2010, 07:10 PM
lol @ mark throwing golden showers out there on a wednesday night, must have been a good day huh guy?

i really did lol hahahahaahahahhahaha, oh and i kill me...

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1000131&postcount=73

dacantu
01-30-2010, 04:12 PM
rain just washed the blood off the knuckles faster. ...and when you need a drink, just roll yourself out from under the car on you creeper, open mouth (make sure Pat's not standing over you offering up a golden shower) and get a drink of rainwater.

haha, nah, I hear you. Rain sucks, and just slows shit down. Good luck with it.

aghhh finally were done with rain and scattered showers and it actually feels warm outside again. it feels nice. i'll be getting out there today/tonight to check it out a little bit more.

could i have thrown my timing out of whack though? the last day i messed with it was the day after the accord/prelude meet. that day i replaced rotor, cap, plugs, cables, coil, and ignition control module (the little cube with 4 pins thats screwed into the radiator side of the distributor)

after doing all that i ended up worse off and the car didnt even want to push start. im kinda stuck with it.

lol @ mark throwing golden showers out there on a wednesday night, must have been a good day huh guy?

i really did lol hahahahaahahahhahaha, oh and i kill me...

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1000131&postcount=73

i didnt understand the second part of your message pat lol oh and im sure the golden showers is a old joke with something that you did?

Bass Man
01-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Plug wires go 1 at the cam gear to 4 at the distributor. Something that could be wrong. If you could push start it, then it might have been the coil, but now that it's not firing at all....

Take the fuel line off the intake and see if it shoots gas with turn-on.

dacantu
01-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Plug wires go 1 at the cam gear to 4 at the distributor. Something that could be wrong. If you could push start it, then it might have been the coil, but now that it's not firing at all....

Plug wires are on there right. Ive double checked that already. And the coil was replaced. :/

by taking the fuel line off you mean like removing an injector or removing the fuel rail or just the line that goes to the fuel rail?

Bass Man
02-01-2010, 10:22 AM
The line that goes to the fuel rail.

dacantu
02-01-2010, 10:31 AM
thanks. will do that.

lets say theres no fuel coming through the line what could it be? fuel pump?

Bass Man
02-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Fuse, fuel pump relay, fuel pump.

stat1K
02-02-2010, 06:09 AM
a unicorn jumping around inside your muffler poking holes in shit... 7000ish?

dacantu
02-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Fuse, fuel pump relay, fuel pump.

ill have time to finally check this tomorrow. thanks bass.

a unicorn jumping around inside your muffler poking holes in shit... 7000ish?

lol what?

stat1K
02-05-2010, 10:48 AM
lolwut?

do an update, i'm bumping your thread on azht but you're not even trying to get 150, i don't even think you've been on in several days lazy bones, i bet you have a girlfriend again huh? that's it... damn too bad, the accord was going so well.

Rendon LX-i
02-06-2010, 12:52 AM
LOL.......A GURL? o man that well ruin everything like it ruined my plans LOL. just dont pop any kids in her or your baicly PHAUCK LOL

Bass Man
02-06-2010, 07:50 AM
i bet you have a girlfriend again huh? that's it... damn too bad, the accord was going so well.
:rofl:

dacantu
02-07-2010, 01:22 AM
lolwut?

do an update, i'm bumping your thread on azht but you're not even trying to get 150, i don't even think you've been on in several days lazy bones, i bet you have a girlfriend again huh? that's it... damn too bad, the accord was going so well.

lol no girlfriend pat. your posts are kinda funny they give me motivation. lol ive been crazy busy with school man, parents are riding my ass about school right now.

The accord will live i just need to figure out whats wrong with her. It breaks my heart to see it just waiting ever so patiently for me to figure out whats wrong with it.

and thanks for bumping my thread too I havent really tried to get 150 posts on AZHT but im on there everyday just to check to see if I have PMs. ill get 150 tomorrow watch. im at like 73 right now lol. on a side note, i got rid of those 17" rims that were on the DA and cleaned up the DA a little bit today. Dumped it too. Hopefully it calls a little more attention that way and I plan to get rid of it hopefully by Wednesday id say.

oh and im getting some crazy ideas for the accord. I have been thinking of some way out and almost unrealistic ideas for it. You should give me a call tomorrow because I have to ask you if you think Angus can maybe mock up a certain harness for me. Not sure if you saved my number but its 602.434.1206 call me whenever you get a chance.

LOL.......A GURL? o man that well ruin everything like it ruined my plans LOL. just dont pop any kids in her or your baicly PHAUCK LOL

lol not gonna happen and not gonna happen

dacantu
02-14-2010, 01:01 PM
So here's the latest update from just about a month ago when the car decided to stop working on me :(

just a few pictues after I dumped it low low (which after it settled looks even lower now)

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0791.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0793.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0794.jpg

and here are some pictures of my reupholstered armrest, painted center console, and painted headrests.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0807.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0804.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0792.jpg

ShyBoyCA6
02-14-2010, 01:58 PM
damn thats a nice coupe daniel and i see you got the integra headrest 10/10 score man keep it up

Joay
02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q308/kissslayerplus/jizz.gif

ShyBoyCA6
02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
i dont even want to know what that is joey lol

dacantu
02-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Oh I forgot to mention this above. The accord is actually sitting on some bronze slipstreams right now. looks pretty sexy.

damn thats a nice coupe daniel and i see you got the integra headrest 10/10 score man keep it up

idk if theyre teg headrests. they came off a 3g in the junkyard a looooong time ago lol but they didnt look like my DA's headrests and they dont look like my DC4's headrests. but thanks man.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q308/kissslayerplus/jizz.gif

gross. lol but thanks.

blazin3gen
02-14-2010, 02:58 PM
damn bro that is sexy!

dacantu
02-14-2010, 03:06 PM
damn bro that is sexy!

thank you. it sure feels good to have older members admire the work of a noob.

markmdz89hatch
02-14-2010, 03:25 PM
so what happened to the jmags? Pics of said slips on car por favor. good work man, keep it up.

dacantu
02-14-2010, 04:16 PM
so what happened to the jmags? Pics of said slips on car por favor. good work man, keep it up.

the j mags are on this baby. and the slips that are on the accord came off of this. ill have pics of the accord with slips on there later in the week along with pics of my RS with the jmags.

mark if you want the link to more pics of my neww teg RS let me know.
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/MyDc41.jpg

ShyBoyCA6
02-14-2010, 04:28 PM
That's a beautiful teg man take care of her man and I like the rims it goes with it

MessyHonda
02-16-2010, 12:06 AM
wow that coupe...is KALLLLEN!

Bass Man
02-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Damn! You're dumped now! Is it gonna be ready for the meet?

Rendon LX-i
02-16-2010, 07:37 AM
nice.....very nice.

dacantu
02-16-2010, 12:57 PM
That's a beautiful teg man take care of her man and I like the rims it goes with it

those riims are on the accord now and the jmags are on the teg. thanks though man im taking good care of her.

wow that coupe...is KALLLLEN!

haha thanks messy I hope youre talking about my accord and not my teg hatch.

Damn! You're dumped now! Is it gonna be ready for the meet?

at the time it will be rolling as it is now. A20. Im trying to get a job right now because I have a few more plans for the accord than I did a while back. details are not being released but it is something very very big and I need a job to fund it and probably about a year of saving money. Im actually looking at mkymonkeys coupe because mine has been in a minor accident before so the fenders dont line up how I would like them to. Im trying to get a fresh start with a mint body for the project I have planned out.

nice.....very nice.

gracias senor

stat1K
02-16-2010, 01:37 PM
^ adrian's car has been hit if i recall correctly but it was in the rear. i'm pretty sure, but if he tells you otherwise it's probably true i get too many people mixed up. i'd keep your car, just work on the fender alignment.

your welcome again :)

you look at the accord more or do you want to type more detailed problems about it to me, i'm lazy and don't want to go through your thread. lol...

dacantu
02-16-2010, 11:40 PM
^ adrian's car has been hit if i recall correctly but it was in the rear. i'm pretty sure, but if he tells you otherwise it's probably true i get too many people mixed up. i'd keep your car, just work on the fender alignment.

your welcome again :)

you look at the accord more or do you want to type more detailed problems about it to me, i'm lazy and don't want to go through your thread. lol...

yeah he said its never been in an accident but that it did have a dent when he bought it that he repaired. its not just fenders on mine that are crap, the radiator support is crooked, causing the headlights to not line up with the grill and corners. my hood is a little off as well. i mean i could live with it but I would like something a little more clean. and considering he was going to junk it for about "$100" as he stated id rather take it off his hands for a good price and dolly it here to phoenix or drive it back. And I wouldnt get rid of my accord if I buy his. I would just keep them both.

for sure man THANKS for all the help lately though. I got my 150 posts today! woot woot lol

and about the accord, to be honest man im just going to take it to a shop and let them have a go at it and let them figure out my problem. I am going to try replacing the fuel filter before I do that though because I have a brand new one just sitting in my shed and its worth a shot..

here goes what ive replaced and what i hear happening. and how it all started happening and in the order it happened. maybe you know something i dont. From one day to the next it didnt want to start (would turn over but not crank) but would push start. and keep running after being push started. The day after it started having these symptoms I replaced spark plugs, cables, rotor, cap (one spark plug was absolutely crap and f'd up and 2 cables were crap when I removed them as well). So after replacing all those parts at once I go to start it and nothing. Just kept turning over but would not turn on just like before. I tried to push start it and now it wouldnt even push start. The entire time I would turn the ignition on and I wouldnt hear any clicks or the fuel pump working yet it would push start which confuses me. what do you think it might be?

stat1K
02-17-2010, 04:46 AM
ignition switch.

i would try to start it with a remote start, turn the key to on then jump the starter terminal to the positive battery terminal, keep it in neutral. when you turn it on do your lights and stuff come on, radio? have you checked fuses? when it turns over how does it sound? slow? fast? the push start thing makes me think it would be the starter itself... i'd also verify that you have spark, but i think it has to do with either the ignition or something wiring related which brings me to my next point...

other than that how did you do the wires when going from auto-manual? honestly something like this isn't a hard problem it's just time consuming, really pm lx-incredible and see what he thinks.

dacantu
02-17-2010, 08:14 AM
ignition switch.

i would try to start it with a remote start, turn the key to on then jump the starter terminal to the positive battery terminal, keep it in neutral. when you turn it on do your lights and stuff come on, radio? have you checked fuses? when it turns over how does it sound? slow? fast? the push start thing makes me think it would be the starter itself... i'd also verify that you have spark, but i think it has to do with either the ignition or something wiring related which brings me to my next point...

other than that how did you do the wires when going from auto-manual? honestly something like this isn't a hard problem it's just time consuming, really pm lx-incredible and see what he thinks.

well lets see. ill try the starter to positive battery terminal thing. i dont think its the starter because its not getting stuck or clicking. when it turns over its fast like it would be normally. everything lights up as normal as well (there arent any new lights on the cluster that werent there before) checked the fuses before and will check again. I have spark (someone helped me check that already)

when I did the swap I just connected the 2 big black wires, and connected the green and black one (if I remember correctly) and I never wired my reverse lights. I have also checked these to make sure that theyre making good conact and have continuity.

*on a side note do the accords have some kind of sensor that sends a signal to the ECU when its an a colission to shut off all fuel and whatnot? when all of this started happening I noticed that even when my car was off and I would put any pressure whatsoever on any part of the front end of the car I could hear something like a solenoid click on right near the passenger side headlight. could this sensor maybe not be allowing me to start it?

stat1K
02-17-2010, 08:49 AM
no there isn't a sensor, that sounds like a ground isn't making a good connection, check the valve cover ground maybe?

you need to eliminate problems one by one instead of ghost chasing.

here's the deal, a car needs what to start? fuel, spark and compression.

if you checked for spark, i'm assuming you took a spark plug out of the head and held it to a metal surface to make sure spark was conducting, if not do it like that and see if you have it.

if the car was running previously i would ASSUME you have compression, that's an assumption not a guarantee. it is an older car after all... you can do a compression check but like i said before this is probably ok.

fuel, if you said you don't hear a main relay click that can be two issues, either there is a ground/switch problem (why i fingered the ingition switch), or you can have a main relay problem. i would replace it with a known good one (ie. new from honda). however, do this test...

i would verify that you in fact have fuel to the filter, take the banjo bolt and loosen it, if fuel comes out when you prime the car (turning the ignition to on not start) then your main relay and fuel pump are working and the filter isn't clogged, if nothing comes out one of these components is possibly the culprit and since you said the wires are connected at the shifter assembly i would rule out any type of lockout like a clutch switch since you probably don't have one being that you wired those wires together instead of to something. if this test is inconclusive...

take a rag and a pair of vice grips, on the pressure regulator on your fuel rail wrap the return hose with the rag then pinch it off with the vice grips, if the car starts the regulator is bad and needs replaced. when this unit fails fuel just goes in the rail and drains back out of the rail. if this changes nothing then test the injectors.

what i do for the injectors is kind of ghetto, take the rail off with the injectors in, find a way to secure the injectors to the rail (zip ties work well) then try to start the car. **WARNING** if you do this unplug the distributor to make sure there are no sparks, i even go as far as to unplug the dizzy and take the wires off the spark plugs. point the injectors towards a towel so that you don't spray yourself with gas (done this). if they spray then you don't have a fuel problem.

finally if all these tests prove fine then maybe, MAYBE check for compression. if your compression is fine then burn the car to the ground because it's full of demons.

but seriously if the starter spins that doesn't mean it's good, the solenoid can be stuck so that the starter is spinning but not engaging, try tapping the back of it with a wrench or small hammer, a 3/4" ratchet does well if you can get a good enough whack, try hitting it a few times then try to start it. you can also take it off and take it to autozone for them to test it. i hate vatozone and checker/schucks/kragen, advance is pretty lame too. only napa i've been too that was good was in maricopa lol.

dacantu
02-17-2010, 10:22 AM
no there isn't a sensor, that sounds like a ground isn't making a good connection, check the valve cover ground maybe?

you need to eliminate problems one by one instead of ghost chasing.

here's the deal, a car needs what to start? fuel, spark and compression.

if you checked for spark, i'm assuming you took a spark plug out of the head and held it to a metal surface to make sure spark was conducting, if not do it like that and see if you have it.

if the car was running previously i would ASSUME you have compression, that's an assumption not a guarantee. it is an older car after all... you can do a compression check but like i said before this is probably ok.

fuel, if you said you don't hear a main relay click that can be two issues, either there is a ground/switch problem (why i fingered the ingition switch), or you can have a main relay problem. i would replace it with a known good one (ie. new from honda). however, do this test...

i would verify that you in fact have fuel to the filter, take the banjo bolt and loosen it, if fuel comes out when you prime the car (turning the ignition to on not start) then your main relay and fuel pump are working and the filter isn't clogged, if nothing comes out one of these components is possibly the culprit and since you said the wires are connected at the shifter assembly i would rule out any type of lockout like a clutch switch since you probably don't have one being that you wired those wires together instead of to something. if this test is inconclusive...

take a rag and a pair of vice grips, on the pressure regulator on your fuel rail wrap the return hose with the rag then pinch it off with the vice grips, if the car starts the regulator is bad and needs replaced. when this unit fails fuel just goes in the rail and drains back out of the rail. if this changes nothing then test the injectors.

what i do for the injectors is kind of ghetto, take the rail off with the injectors in, find a way to secure the injectors to the rail (zip ties work well) then try to start the car. **WARNING** if you do this unplug the distributor to make sure there are no sparks, i even go as far as to unplug the dizzy and take the wires off the spark plugs. point the injectors towards a towel so that you don't spray yourself with gas (done this). if they spray then you don't have a fuel problem.

finally if all these tests prove fine then maybe, MAYBE check for compression. if your compression is fine then burn the car to the ground because it's full of demons.

but seriously if the starter spins that doesn't mean it's good, the solenoid can be stuck so that the starter is spinning but not engaging, try tapping the back of it with a wrench or small hammer, a 3/4" ratchet does well if you can get a good enough whack, try hitting it a few times then try to start it. you can also take it off and take it to autozone for them to test it. i hate vatozone and checker/schucks/kragen, advance is pretty lame too. only napa i've been too that was good was in maricopa lol.

I lol'd hard as fak in class next to two girls when you said burn it down because of demons lmfao. my new sig!

okay cool thing on the sensor that makes me happy because then its probably not a wiring thing. but there is still that sound and it sounds more like some kind of solenoid popping on and off? right next to the passenger side headlight and radiator.

valve cover ground=checked
battery to trans/starter=checked

and yes that is how I checked if I have spark.

I will have someone come over to my house to help me with all the fuel tests you mentioned. Im sure i'll find it using this list. If I dont identify a fuel problem then i will go at it by replacing the main relay seeing as it is one of the most common problems with these cars, and mine hasn't been replaced even once in its lifetime.

hmm i didnt know that about the starter. I thought that when it didnt work anymore it would just click. I'll also try that since its sooooo easy to remove it and take it to autozone a mile away. ans yes all the autozone's and checkers around here suck big balls and dont help for jack shit

Thanks alot pat i'll be checking all of this out today. oh and im about to send you a PM through AZHT.

stat1K
02-17-2010, 10:55 AM
roger on the loling only it's not your sig yet, get on that!

as for the noise, that's definitely strange... i'd pop the hood and see if you can get it to do it while looking for where the noise is coming from??

start out with the list doing everything you can before unbolting anything, easiest way to do it.

dacantu
02-17-2010, 03:19 PM
edit

stat1K
02-18-2010, 08:16 AM
don't you edit puto.

Hondamonster
03-05-2010, 12:17 PM
that looks sickkkk dude. love the ride height.

bullard123
03-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Nice. Those rims look killer

dacantu
03-07-2010, 12:20 AM
don't you edit puto.

Bro Angus was supposed to come up last monday and was going to help me get this thing running again. Wasnt able to come up though so Im just waiting on his help and experience.

that looks sickkkk dude. love the ride height.

Nice. Those rims look killer

Thanks guys! Unfortunately the damned thing is just sitting collecting dust until i figure out whats wrong with it.

stat1K
03-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Bro Angus was supposed to come up last monday and was going to help me get this thing running again. Wasnt able to come up though so Im just waiting on his help and experience.

well that sucks, i talked to him a few days ago. i know he's been really busy with shit, you'll figure it out sooner or later. sounds like your replacing me lol, i used to wait for him to come up all the time to get shit running.

LX-incredible
03-07-2010, 08:30 AM
I can come up tomorrow.

Reading your previous posts, I see that you replaced the rotor right before the car wouldn't start at all. Did you by chance compare the rotor they gave you with the old one? Every time I bought the regular tune up stuff from checker, they gave me the wrong rotor. It fits and looks the same, only it's rotated 180º.

LX-incredible
03-07-2010, 08:37 AM
swapping the wires at the cap will tell you if this is the case:

1 ----> 4

3 ----> 2

4 ----> 1

2 ----> 3

mykwikcoupe
03-07-2010, 09:03 AM
I hope you compared the cap as well if you swapped that out. I know Ive always ad to compare the old with the new and almost every time the one they pull up on the computer is wrong. They look the same but the base is rotated 10-15 degrees. Id try that as well.

stat1K
03-07-2010, 01:18 PM
funny story about distributor caps, it's fun when on an ef civic you're removing the rear mount bracket to put in your nice new mounts from innovative and the closest bolt on the bracket piece itself is stuck so you pull and pull then your piece of shit craftsman ratchet now made in china (3rd ratchet in 8 months, thank god for the lifetime warranty right?) slips and you punch your distributor cap full force shattering it into pieces. i think sears should give me the 20 dollars it cost for the new cap back as well as my new ratchet?

/rant

dacantu
03-07-2010, 01:42 PM
hmm Angus I absolutely cant tomorrow. I have a test on monday and a test on tuesday. Do you mind of we schedule it for next monday for sure?

I will go outside right now and swap the cables to check if that is the problem. the rotor and cap seemed to be exactly the same but I will check them as I did keep the old ones in my trunk.

Thanks for the input guys.

LX-incredible
03-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Probably best anyway, it's freaking pouring here. Next monday sounds good to me.

dacantu
03-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Angus! Youre the man! You got her running again! Its smoking like no other for some weird reason and the smoke smells horrible but its running again and like a champ.

Now guys I will get her all washed up tomorrow drive her to school and after school have a super mini shoot of it with the slipstreams before I take them off and change the color of the wheels..

And awesome man next monday it is...

dacantu
03-07-2010, 03:01 PM
well that sucks, i talked to him a few days ago. i know he's been really busy with shit, you'll figure it out sooner or later. sounds like your replacing me lol, i used to wait for him to come up all the time to get shit running.

haha I just saw this message pat! this is some funny shit bro! Im not replacing you! hey you should come out to az though bro we need to all get together now that we all know each other! lol

Bass Man
03-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Angus! Youre the man! You got her running again!

Plug wires are on there right. Ive double checked that already. And the coil was replaced. :/

by taking the fuel line off you mean like removing an injector or removing the fuel rail or just the line that goes to the fuel rail?
I'm sure glad you quite smoking that green stuff.

dacantu
03-07-2010, 04:42 PM
No Bass it goes from 1 to 4 (left to right) 1 being the shortest 4 being the longest....

The order of the cables was on there the way they should have been but because the rotor I bought was not the correct one I had to swap cablees 1 and 4, as well as swap 2 and 3 and voila it turned on just fine...

stat1K
03-07-2010, 06:58 PM
??

1 starts at your cam gear, 4 starts at the distributor...

[ 4 3 2 1]

1 3
4 2

if you had to swap the cables it's not because of the distributor rotor it's because you had them on wrong... like i said 1 at the cam gear 4 at the distributor.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_honda_firing_order_1.jpg

ShyBoyCA6
03-07-2010, 07:15 PM
hmmm stat1k has a point there its 4,3,2,1 four being the shortest and 1 the longest

dacantu
03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
haha i guess I was fucking wrong this entire time! well im stupid and now its running I was so set on them being correct!

actually the weird thing is when I replaced them I put them on the exact way i took them off.. Im pretty sure I did so.

edit: MAYBE I USED TO HAVE THE WRONG ROTOR AND THATS WHY WHEN I REPLACED MY CABLES IN THE SAME EXACT POSITION THEY DIDNT WORK!

Bass Man
03-07-2010, 09:48 PM
If you pulled the plug wires off the cap, you might have swapped them then.

Now you're running and you will never make that mistake again (well, it shouldn't stump you as long, now). You gonna be ready for the meet?

dacantu
03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
i made sure to replace them just as they were positioned previously. I think the problem is that I used to have the incorrect rotor which means in order for the car to work before the cables used to be swapped, and now that I have the correct one it caused a ton of confusion. it for sure wont happen again. ever!

dacantu
03-07-2010, 10:29 PM
As for the meet I will tell you now that I will not be showing up in my Accord. I will most likely be going in my Integra or even something a little more comfortable than that, like my moms Maxima. The way its looking though I probably wont have anything special in the accord by then anyway so there's no point in risking a 1500 mile drive in it.

Im looking to buy a hatch as my project and keep the coupe the way it is now. At this point I have 0 progress with this project and it will definitely not start until the summer or later. I have LOTS of parts to source before this project can even begin. If you guys want an idea of my build it will definitely be one of the rarest Accords ever built and will take thousands of dollars and atleast a period of 6 months to build. Just think FRANKENSTEIN.

Oh and I will definitely need to become a Foundation member so that I can archive my build in Project Central. You guys are in for a build of a lifetime. BTW incase you guys didnt notice im really excited about this! lol

ShyBoyCA6
03-07-2010, 10:39 PM
As for the meet I will tell you now that I will not be showing up in my Accord. I will most likely be going in my Integra or even something a little more comfortable than that, like my moms Maxima. The way its looking though I probably wont have anything special in the accord by then anyway so there's no point in risking a 1500 mile drive in it.

Im looking to buy a hatch as my project and keep the coupe the way it is now. At this point I have 0 progress with this project and it will definitely not start until the summer or later. I have LOTS of parts to source before this project can even begin. If you guys want an idea of my build it will definitely be one of the rarest Accords ever built and will take thousands of dollars and atleast a period of 6 months to build. Just think FRANKENSTEIN.

Oh and I will definitely need to become a Foundation member so that I can archive my build in Project Central. You guys are in for a build of a lifetime. BTW incase you guys didnt notice im really excited about this! lol

Sad to see the coupe be how it is now i wanted to see the turbo in it:squint:
so that means your selling the Teg sweet i wanna buy it haha jk man. thats good that you want a hatchy. those hatchy look fun to drive.keep us posted when you get it

dacantu
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
^ i never said im selling my teg. its definitely the most reliable car i have ever owned!

Yeah plans for the accord are to go back to stock so I will be selling my DC header and CAI.

ShyBoyCA6
03-07-2010, 11:00 PM
^ i never said im selling my teg. its definitely the most reliable car i have ever owned! and that includes the accord.

Yeah plans for the accord are to go back to stock and build a hatch. I will be looking for a 100% mint one over the next few months. When I find it I will be using the stock parts from that to bring my coupe back to stock and will be selling my DC header and CAI.

The hatch will be stripped of everything. I mean everything. Then the project will begin from ground zero. Who knows though mark there might still be a chance of there being a boosted hatch, we will see... Im not 100% sure on weather I want to boost the motor that im going to build though haha

ill take those dc header off your hands when your ready to sell them

dacantu
03-07-2010, 11:02 PM
DC header not headers. lol but yeah man you just have to be a little patient k? Ill give you a good deal on them too probably the best deal on here but you just have to wait until I find a MINT hatch

ShyBoyCA6
03-07-2010, 11:08 PM
DC header not headers. lol but yeah man you just have to be a little patient k? Ill give you a good deal on them too probably the best deal on here but you just have to wait until I find a MINT hatch

lol my bad keep forgetting haha and yeah i wont be working on performance for a while just more focus on appearance for now and i can wait its no problem

LX-incredible
03-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Firing order was correct. They just gave him the wrong rotor throwing everything off 180º. The cables weren't "swapped", they were rotated 2 positions over.

Already giving up on the coupe?

Frankenstein as in f22 with h head, or something crazy like rwd ?

Your push start bullshit problem lies with the main relay. Replace it and from what I've seen, you'll have a pretty reliable car.

dacantu
03-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Haha thanks for helping clear that up Angus.

As for giving up on the coupe, not necessarily. I love this car alot man but yes for my build I will require a hatch, not doing it because I prefer them. The coupe has been owned all within the family ever since it first drove off the dealership so in a way I cant hog it to myself. Ive had my time with it and now its time for someone else in the family to have theirs. I might fix the main relay problem before passing it on though for now its firing up just fine.

I sent you a pm.

stat1K
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
decide on one thing daniel.

dacantu
03-08-2010, 11:09 AM
decide on one thing daniel.

sending you a PM. im just going to forward you what I sent Angus. Im definitely set on what I want to do now.

dacantu
03-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Fuck my car! I seriously want to light a match to it and say bye bye!

So I take it too school today thinking all is well and that I wasnt going to have any more problems and when I go to turn it on to go home all I get is a ga ga ga ga ga ga ga. ga ga grrrrr. ga grrrrrrrrrrrr. Then ga ga ga ga ga ga ga ga ga ga ga and it never turned on. Tried push starting it and nothing. So right now its parked in a handicapped spot in a parking garage until I go tomorrow and dolly it out of there, bring it home and wait till Angus gets here and figures out something that im obviously missing.

stat1K
03-17-2010, 01:02 PM
sorry i'm a week late on this, but that sounds like a battery issue.

dacantu
03-17-2010, 02:11 PM
I have a new battery and alternator though?

stat1K
03-17-2010, 03:13 PM
parasitic drain can happen, also any small electrical source left on can do it as well, but a slow attempt at starting would indicate a low voltage battery to me... do you have a multimeter? you can buy one at harborfrieght for literally 3 dollars, i just got one there this weekend cus my walmart one broke lol.

could have a bad ground somewhere if the battery has full life. really a sluggish start is almost always a battery or ground problem. could be the negative cable if the voltage seems fine between the terminals.

dacantu
03-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Oh no I thing you miss interpreted my ga ga ga ga ga ga's lol

Thyre surprisingly fast haha. and the grrrs was the car almost turning on. But it would just die after it almost started. And after a couple times that it almost (only when I first tried to start it) started it didnt even come close to starting at all. but the battery didnt seem dead at all only after a million attempts at trying to start it. Plus i unplug it every night with a battery kill switch (from harbor freight lol)

stat1K
03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
hmmmm,

weird, could still be a ground keeping it from sparking, could also be a million things, did you ever run through my checklist?

dacantu
03-17-2010, 09:49 PM
No man, I didnt have enough time to run through it for a few weeks i was killer busy. Right now i'm just trying to catch a break, and will be leaving for Sedona in the morning, then to flagstaff, then to lake havasu for a coouple nights, then ll the way down to tucson, and back up to phoenix. all in 3 days.

LX-incredible
03-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Sounds like it could be the main relay. Mine has been being a bitch lately. cl cla a a a aa a a a ack instead of the 2 clicks. A kick to the fuse panel area always gets it to start. I'll replace it one of these days... In the meantime I keep a new replacement in the glove box.

dacantu
03-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Ive been thinking its the main relay as well but havent ever looked into it because I heard it was difficult as hell to get into. I'll try kicking the shit out of my fuse box are lol

stat1K
03-18-2010, 06:30 AM
if replacing a main relay is difficult then i dont know what to say lol...

MessyHonda
03-18-2010, 10:28 AM
yeah i heard its a bitch to change out...but replace it...so it fixes the problem

stat1K
03-18-2010, 11:09 AM
lolwut?

ShyBoyCA6
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Ive been thinking its the main relay as well but havent ever looked into it because I heard it was difficult as hell to get into. I'll try kicking the shit out of my fuse box are lol

Lol oh man this is a good luagh sorry daniel but the fuse box is only bolted down with 2 screws on the sides and should come right out with a lil jiggle and easy acces to the fuel relay

stat1K
03-18-2010, 12:22 PM
^ even this chollo knows what's up.

2drSE-i
03-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Lol oh man this is a good luagh sorry daniel but the fuse box is only bolted down with 2 screws on the sides and should come right out with a lil jiggle and easy acces to the fuel relay

Have you replaced it? I took the fusebox completely out and still had a hell of a time with the job. The original one is still bolted to the car.

stat1K
03-19-2010, 12:59 PM
i'm sure he hasn't he's probably just talking shit, but honestly it's not too terrible, i've done it at the junkyard on a number of accords, integras, civics, etc...

dacantu
03-19-2010, 04:15 PM
haha what do you mean im talking shit pat? and yeah bro ive heard its difficult to remove but is there any way to check it before removing it? and yeah i havent even tried removing it im in lake havasu right now lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good times good times

ShyBoyCA6
03-19-2010, 04:28 PM
i'm sure he hasn't he's probably just talking shit, but honestly it's not too terrible, i've done it at the junkyard on a number of accords, integras, civics, etc...

nope i aint talking shit i went to the yard today and i took it off no less than 5 minutes well piece of shit wires get in the way but yeah its bitch to take them out but the ones i got were faulty they were burnt out from the heat or old im still stuck with this shit and my local yard dont have anymore fucking beaners stripped everything and i was working on my fuse box today and my neutral switch dont work either lol man my car needs work

ShyBoyCA6
03-19-2010, 04:36 PM
haha what do you mean im talking shit pat? and yeah bro ive heard its difficult to remove but is there any way to check it before removing it? and yeah i havent even tried removing it im in lake havasu right now lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good times good times

i think he meant me Daniel and um you can test it if it works which i doubt lol thank god im taking this Mechanics class which is the shit lol you can check plug number eight and seven to see if it works number 8 is for the power on the relay if i rememeber correctly but you wont be able to check it on the fuse box you will need to pull it out and check it lol thats the only problem to take out the relay squeeze the sides and pull out and it should come out. if not then ill recheck this info again in class and ill print diagnostics or copy it to a thread ima make about electrical and should tell you very clear and the part number to buy the item

dacantu
03-31-2010, 05:34 PM
This is all I have for an update right now guys:
1-Im going completely back to stock
2-Going to build a Hatch
3-Sold my DC header to Jesse (MessyHonda)
4-Threw on these wheels temporarily... (A-TECH MONOBLOCK´s, 15X7, ET40, Nitto Neo Gen tires 205/50/15)

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_1476.jpg

86AccordLxi
03-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Sickkkkk a20 turbo build bro.

ShyBoyCA6
03-31-2010, 09:03 PM
nice i like the wheels

dacantu
03-31-2010, 10:18 PM

do you mind?

dacantu
03-31-2010, 10:19 PM
nice i like the wheels

thanks bro! positive feedback ftw!

negative feedback=fail for the other guy

stat1K
04-01-2010, 05:29 AM
what negative feedback?

Tdurr
04-01-2010, 09:05 PM
This is all I have for an update right now guys:
1-Im going completely back to stock
2-Going to build a Hatch
3-Sold my DC header to Jesse (MessyHonda)
4-Threw on these wheels temporarily... (A-TECH MONOBLOCK´s, 15X7, ET40, Nitto Neo Gen tires 205/50/15)

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_1476.jpg

i like those wheels. can i haz?!??!

dacantu
04-01-2010, 09:30 PM
what negative feedback?

this negative feedback down here... Its not even about the wheels. Hes just whoring my thread like he did once before. I think this guy is a douche!

i like those wheels. can i haz?!??!

yes you may. Theyre for sale 500 + shipping
http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122902

Bass Man
04-01-2010, 09:35 PM
what negative feedback?
lol... 13 pages ago, Alex and Dan had a little arguement. Now today, there isn't a turbo on the car like originally proposed, which was what had got them going.

stat1K
04-02-2010, 05:21 AM
well most of what was proposed hasn't been done, but that's just the nature of building a car unless you have all the money up front and the know-how / people to help... if i was back in az riding him about it everyday he probably would have a lot done lol...

86AccordLxi
04-02-2010, 12:29 PM
this negative feedback down here... Its not even about the wheels. Hes just whoring my thread like he did once before. I think this guy is a douche!

]

I will take being a douche vs some starry-eyed kid with no concept of what's involved to actually build a car, let alone build it correctly.

stat1K
04-02-2010, 12:42 PM
I will take being a douche vs some starry-eyed kid with no concept of what's involved to actually build a car, let alone build it correctly.

lol, so will i duder so will i...

but big plans and being starry-eyed is what it's about. gotta dream big so that when you settle for mediocrity like the rest of us you can say at least at one point i was going for it!

but really, we've all been there, 99% of this site has, at least daniel here has actually done SOME work to the car unlike those who said they were going to swap only to sell the car a month later.

dacantu
04-02-2010, 04:02 PM

Youre my Hero!

lol, so will i duder so will i...

but big plans and being starry-eyed is what it's about. gotta dream big so that when you settle for mediocrity like the rest of us you can say at least at one point i was going for it!

but really, we've all been there, 99% of this site has, at least daniel here has actually done SOME work to the car unlike those who said they were going to swap only to sell the car a month later.

Lol thanks bro! I wish there were someone here local to me that shared the same interest in the accord. Hopefully I dont ever have to settle for a mediocre build once it actually in process. for now I am only in the planning process.

stat1K
04-22-2010, 08:58 AM
do work mijo.

MessyHonda
04-25-2010, 12:05 AM
dude went MIA with my money....

2drSE-i
04-25-2010, 08:02 AM

Who? and how much money?

blazin3gen
04-25-2010, 08:21 AM

he never sent u the header!? damn

MessyHonda
04-25-2010, 03:54 PM
he never sent u the header!? damn

well he said he will but i paid march 17....oh well i just want my money back...my car needs OBD1 bad

Civic Accord Honda
04-25-2010, 04:02 PM
that sucks messy hope u get the moneys back

ShyBoyCA6
04-25-2010, 04:27 PM
oh what thats sucks messy he logged on not that long ago

MessyHonda
04-25-2010, 07:35 PM
yeah he sent me a pm...this will get resolved soon

ShyBoyCA6
04-25-2010, 07:45 PM
yeah he sent me a pm...this will get resolved soon
oh alright hope everything goes well

LX-incredible
04-25-2010, 10:37 PM
This may be partially my fault... I was supposed to give him a stock exhaust manifold but we never got a chance to meet up... Anyways, I'm sure he's good for it; doesn't seem the type to pull that shit.

dacantu
04-26-2010, 02:07 PM
yeah messy sorry about that. I hadnt been on in a few weeks but I explained what the situation was hopefully you understand. like i said itll be shipped out by the 1st bro but I need your new address. pm it to me

and no angus its not your fault in any way lol i do need that stock exhaust manifold still though. hopefully funds pick up soon so i can take that off your hands.

ShyBoyCA6
04-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey daniel any updates?? Been a while since we heard from you bro

dacantu
04-26-2010, 03:30 PM
na man. havent been doing so hot financially. which explains why I never got around to shipping jesse's header.

reason for all this is because ive been rear ended twice in my teg in the last month. both of which were hit and runs. one of the accidents pushed me into a wall on the front end which wasnt too much damage to the front. the car is still driveable but its taking all of the money I had left from financial aid to repair the damn thing. since I could only afford liability insurance to begin with, now I'm paying the damage on my own.

anyway ill post some pics today or tomorrow of my teggy. im paying $1,300 to have it repaired and primered. paint will come later when I get a job.

blazin3gen
04-26-2010, 04:19 PM
na man. havent been doing so hot financially. which explains why I never got around to shipping jesse's header.

reason for all this is because ive been rear ended twice in my teg in the last month. both of which were hit and runs. one of the accidents pushed me into a wall on the front end which wasnt too much damage to the front. the car is still driveable but its taking all of the money I had left from financial aid to repair the damn thing. since I could only afford liability insurance to begin with, now I'm paying the damage on my own.

anyway ill post some pics today or tomorrow of my teggy. im paying $1,300 to have it repaired and primered. paint will come later when I get a job.

damn man. im glad everything is ok, great to know u are working somethin out with messy, we've had alot of people run off with our members money. and glad u dont fall into that category :eatarrow:

ShyBoyCA6
04-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh man that's sucks but the good thing is that your ok bro and messy would understand why hope everything goes well daniel

OldSchool86
04-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Can't wait to see how this thread turns out. Very interesting so far

LX-incredible
04-27-2010, 01:50 AM
yeah messy sorry about that. I hadnt been on in a few weeks but I explained what the situation was hopefully you understand. like i said itll be shipped out by the 1st bro but I need your new address. pm it to me

and no angus its not your fault in any way lol i do need that stock exhaust manifold still though. hopefully funds pick up soon so i can take that off your hands.

You can just have it. I've got 2 or 3 others.

dacantu
04-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah I have pmd messy as well but he is not responding? I know his address is no longer the same so I cant ship out the header until I find out his new address.

So Jesse chime in and PM me your address lol

Cool angus let me know when youre in town so I can meet you. I probably wont be going junkyard shopping but I´ll be happy to join you man.

MessyHonda
05-20-2010, 10:01 PM
woot...dan is the man...he can thru...thanks guys

dacantu
05-21-2010, 02:14 PM
^ haha for sure man! im glad it all worked out. :thumbup:

dacantu
05-24-2010, 11:30 PM
omg update!

i changed the main relay hoping that would get my old gal back on the road. that wasnt the problem :chainsaw: so im gonna keep searching. maybe ill just pay angus to find out what the issue is! im sure hell figure it out in no time...

dacantu
07-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Okay guys so it looks like this accord coupe project might actually happen and the Hatch build which I was hoping for in the future might actually get put off for later.. Currently im looking to get back into my accord because I truly miss the damn thing, and I've also been losing focus with whats important in life getting too far into the honda scene with my integra. Ive also been involved in 2 accidents since Ive owned this vehicle.

Im really looking to sell my integra, and use that money to get my accord fixed. The problem is that not too many people are in the market for buying and most local people want to trade. Its looking as if trading my integra might work out in my favor and might help get my accord get back on the road sooner than expected, while still having another perfectly working car.

Here's the link to my local FS thread for the teggy. http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129396 I currently have two potential trades lined up.

Option 1: The car im liking the most (i like the fact that its an SI and the condition of the car) is this one. We would trade only shells and I keep my B18B1, my KSPORT suspension, and my wheels. He keeps all of his aftermarket suspension stuff, his exhaust, his carbon fiber parts, his wheels, and puts stock parts back on there. This guy is hesitant to trade me even after keeping all of his parts because of the damage to my car. Heres the link... http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129439

Option 2: In this trade, I will be keeping my B18B1, as well as my wheels, and my ksport suspension. From him I get a absolutely MINT EF sedan with an unpainted JDM front end conversion, the original mint front end included, RARE and i mean RARE OEM window visors, a very healthy running single cam car w/ AC, and a HASPORT cable to hydro tranny conversion. He would only ask to keep his wheels (sprinthart new weapons). He will only get a shell from me with the leather interior (no wheels, no engine, no suspension) This guy is 100% sure of the trade and is ready to do the trade right away. Anyway here is his FS thread (he will be keeping the B16, and hasport mounts, that he mentions in the thread, and because hes a really close friend of mine i'll actually end up helping him swap the b16 into my teg.) http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126732

let me know what you guys think! some people say keep my car but I think option #2 would actually be the best option (gain) for me right now. With this option I will actually be able to use the 4door as a daily driver, and use the b18b, a complete b16 head that I have laying around, and his cable to hydro conversion to do a LS/VTEC swap into the accord with a hydro b16 trans. Although I had plans to build a hatch, this might be a semi quick and semi inexpensive build for the coupe. Trading a non running car (once i take out my engine) for a running car will give me a big leap forward in building my accord, because I'll have the extra engine, and a vtec head that I already had just laying around. I can buy another integra anytime I want and make it look just as good as this one or even better.. i need any and all opinions because I have to think long and hard about the trades. thanks guys :cheers:

btw if I dont get the repies im hoping to get I will post an entirely new thread with a poll. thanks for looking guys can't wait to hear your opinions.

stat1K
07-06-2010, 05:59 AM
i'd do the ef because it's an 88-89 right? i don't see the annoying seatbelts and the tails look like 88-89.

i'd keep the ef stock as a daily and build the accord. put the b18b1 in the accord and such, you could bring me the ef jdm sedan front end or the stock front end lol...

dacantu
07-06-2010, 02:40 PM
i'd do the ef because it's an 88-89 right? i don't see the annoying seatbelts and the tails look like 88-89.

i'd keep the ef stock as a daily and build the accord. put the b18b1 in the accord and such, you could bring me the ef jdm sedan front end or the stock front end lol...

Copy and pasted your quote and replied in the other thread.

dacantu
07-06-2010, 07:46 PM
bump for more opinions please....

ShyBoyCA6
07-06-2010, 08:22 PM
daniel go for the civic hatchback si buddy. that SI looks mad sexy

Civic Accord Honda
07-06-2010, 09:03 PM

word EF (or ED as there called in america) > EG

dacantu
07-06-2010, 11:22 PM
daniel go for the civic hatchback si buddy. that SI looks mad sexy

the guy stopped replying to me.

word EF (or ED as there called in america) > EG

I think this is the option that I was planning on going with from the beginning and now that the guy with the SI stopped responding i will probably for sure go with this. Im just going to wait about a week or so to make sure no other potential trades come up.

2drSE-i
07-07-2010, 05:33 AM
My opinion? You wanted to sell, so sell. I'm not down with the "Economy is down so no one is buying cars" junk. The only reason anyone would trade is if they are getting the better deal. Just take your time and sell the car.

dacantu
07-07-2010, 07:59 AM
My opinion? You wanted to sell, so sell. I'm not down with the "Economy is down so no one is buying cars" junk. The only reason anyone would trade is if they are getting the better deal. Just take your time and sell the car.

As a matter of fact the economy is down. Most people who are not affected by the economy aren't out buying 15-20 year old hondas and acuras. Theyre buying newer cars because of the low ball offers dealers will take to be able to stay afloat. Thank you for your opinion, and yes I will be waiting a few days to see if I get any bites or better offers. If not I will end up trading it for the 4 door.

dacantu
08-07-2010, 05:51 PM
So great news!

Big thanks to (LX-Incredible)! Because of him the accord has been back on the road for about 1 week now. The problem the whole time was the wire harness inside the drivers fender, it was chopped up by my tire because of being so low. This caused the damn loom to melt and the wires to touch and short out my ECU.

I have been driving it on a daily basis for the last 4 or so days. After driving it and noticing many minor details that I am not happy with, I will be parking it again and rebuilding my suspension/brakes.

More updates to come very soon guys.

Once again thanks for all your help with the coupe Angus! :thumbup:

stat1K
08-08-2010, 12:51 PM
ANGUS TO THE RESCUE!!!! glad he could help out... wish i was there to make fun of you lolz.

dacantu
08-10-2010, 11:31 PM
lols whatever dude it totally went over my head phew...

anyway angus definitely helped out a lot! plus he donated a stock exhaust and manifold which theres no beating that!

once again thanks a bunch angus, hopefully the weather gets better soon so we can go scavenge for obd1 parts :dunno:

dacantu
01-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Hello Ladies I'm Back! :koolaid:

Been a while since I last posted in here but here goes where i've been at...

So I totaled my DC on 9/8/2010 (I pulled the engine that week, and sent it off to be repaired by a supposed "badass" autobody guy. The plan was to have the wntire front clip replaced with a Right Hand Drive front clip. In the end, I got scammed pretty bad along with many other local Honda enthusiasts. I finally got my car back on 11/27/2010 from the guy's house after tracking him and his house down and threatening to bring the police into it. The car was missing a few things from the way I originally towed it over to his shop and also had ZERO work done to it.)

This is how it looked after the accident
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/1994%20DC4%20Integra%20RS%20Crash%2009-08-2010/pic2.jpg

This is how it looked after I pulled the LS
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0450.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0415-2.jpg

Then on 10/17/2010 I bought a 91 4door DA on Craigslist for $800 with a Smoking B18A1. Swapped in my rebuilt B18B from my DC and Set the B18A aside. Cleaned up the DA, bought OEM mudflaps, an OEM lip, removed all the horrendous purple tint, polished up some stock DA wheels and through them on there, fixed the dangling exhaust, fixed a shit ton of hacked up wiring.

It went from this:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0531.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0547.jpg

To this (nothing special):
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0655.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0650.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0546.jpg

Then I sold the DA on 12/29/2010 for $1200

By this time I had fixed a couple things on the accord, the starter went bad so I combined 1 auto starter and one 5 speed starter and made one good working one.

I also still had my DC parked out to the side of my house. So on about 1/15/2011 I decided, the DC wasnt getting done any time soon and I was so undecided as to what I wanted to do. So then............ FULL PARTOUT!!!!

Cont'd on another post

dacantu
01-24-2011, 08:28 PM
As of 1/21/2011 off to the scrap yard completely stripped!
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_20110120_173939.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_20110120_174116.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_20110120_210413.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_20110120_210455.jpg

these were all the parts I had stacked up for it + more....
Type R 96 Spec JDM 4x114 brake & wheel conversion
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_20110120_171833.jpg

Bride Zeta 1 Racing seat
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0764.jpg

Tanabe Full Catback Exhaust BNIB
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0620.jpg

and a few other Type R parts that I never Documented.

As for the Accord, I completely brought it back to stock (Height, header, wheels, everything minus the AEM Cold Air) I later got a pretty good deal on a straight trade for some SI wheels' Now the SI's are on the accord (looks so clean btw)

and the Accord Project continues. Glad to be back on 3geez and proud that I never got rid of my LX-i. Pics of my Accord tmrw.

This project will be moving VERY fast. Everybody stay posted!!! I will post up a link in this thread leading to a Build Thread as son as I'm ready to start it. Thanks for looking guys.

-Danny

ShyBoyCA6
01-24-2011, 08:42 PM
sucks for the DA but good thing is that ok and got everything back from the guy. hope to see some pics of the CA6 Daniel:D

dacantu
01-24-2011, 08:43 PM
sucks for the DA but good thing is that ok and got everything back from the guy. hope to see some pics of the CA6 Daniel:D

No i didnt get everything back from teh guy. I'm still out $500 and a COMPLETE ass 2000 SI B16 head.

Oh well, life goes on. :toilet:

ShyBoyCA6
01-24-2011, 08:50 PM
that sucks.... yup that true:hs:

dacantu
01-24-2011, 08:57 PM
that sucks.... yup that true:hs:

pics of the accord tmrw man ;) glad to be back on 3geez. like I said stay tuned this project will move quick.

stat1K
01-25-2011, 09:46 AM
yeah apparently juan decided to flake and do everyone dirty huh?

what's with these car people, can't keep shit straight for more than a few years.

there's still a few that i trust in az, but it's pretty much limited to non-bodywork guys. they seem to be the most shady always.

good luck and keep us posted on the accord.

dacantu
01-25-2011, 03:07 PM
yeah apparently juan decided to flake and do everyone dirty huh?

what's with these car people, can't keep shit straight for more than a few years.

there's still a few that i trust in az, but it's pretty much limited to non-bodywork guys. they seem to be the most shady always.

good luck and keep us posted on the accord.

Yeah man he owes lots of ppl lots of $! And apparently Marc from fineline is attempting to take his ass to court and gathering up everyone he can to testify against him

And I will Pat. Doing the clutch today :naughty:

Who are we talking on ppl you trust? tri-tech, and everyone at BBN?

stat1K
01-28-2011, 08:33 AM
pretty much bbn.

tri-tech lost me when wade left. me and wade are friends and hes moved to indiana now.

josh is an alright guy but i wouldn't just out right recommend them.

ravi i trust, tokyo pete i trust, simon (ILIKETODRIVE) i trust, cjb and kerry i trust, but there's a lot of shady people. i pretty much will sell to anyone but i will only buy from a few. RC is trustworthy but he's a dick lol...

dacantu
01-29-2011, 04:10 PM
New clutch is now installed along with new clutch cable. Feels so much nicer. Working on loading pics boys.

Also working on a custom front lip as of now. Ran into a snag with the corners but for the most part it lines up almost perfectly. :omg:

pretty much bbn.

tri-tech lost me when wade left. me and wade are friends and hes moved to indiana now.

josh is an alright guy but i wouldn't just out right recommend them.

ravi i trust, tokyo pete i trust, simon (ILIKETODRIVE) i trust, cjb and kerry i trust, but there's a lot of shady people. i pretty much will sell to anyone but i will only buy from a few. RC is trustworthy but he's a dick lol...

Lol yeah RC is a dick but he's just about earned that right. Who's CJB? And is tokyo pete the pete from highline/intense?

dacantu
01-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Damn phone didn't save the pics I had taken of the clutch being installed but I got a couple pics for you guys :)

Here's how she sits now on some clean ass SI's freshly washed.
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_20110130_173714.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_20110130_173727.jpg

Got a brand new clutch cable along with the clutch install. New cable is on top.
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_20110129_124416.jpg

Also did a little bit of work to the appearance aka fishbowling the accord ;) looks 10x better with no tint!
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_20110129_194441.jpg

Next update will be sometime in a couple days I have to go find it in good condition first ;) stay tuned ladies.

ShyBoyCA6
01-30-2011, 11:27 PM
ill trade ya coupes :D lol

liking the wheels and spoiler Dan.:cheers:

what happen to the stuff you had on the car?

dacantu
01-31-2011, 12:58 PM
ill trade ya coupes :D lol

liking the wheels and spoiler Dan.:cheers:

what happen to the stuff you had on the car?

Lol na man I'm good with my coupe :D 5speed ftw

And yeah man I like how it looks on the SI's.

What stuff? The DC header I sold to (king peetis), AEM intake I still have on the car, replaced the cut springs and struts with used but good stock height suspension. I still have my cupholder and SE-i armrest and I still have the 2g valve cover on the car.

Oh I also still have my JDM duckbill spoiler hopefully I can restore that and find myself another black coupe trunk so I don't have to ruin my trunk and the original spoiler.

dacantu
01-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Anyone know where I can find poly front sway bar bushings for the stock spec sway bars? I need to order some very soon!

stat1K
01-31-2011, 03:17 PM
cj and kerry, kerry as in comptonass fame. resident e-thug you know him right? cj is his brother. i've got numerous parts from cj and kerry and simon they're usually together lol.

pete is intense or whatever now yeah, used to be tokyospeedpros in mesa and RC worked there along with ravi.

i'm gonna text you back here in a second.

Dr_Snooz
01-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Nice wheels! I ditched the tint on mine too. Does your rear window defogger still work?

ShyBoyCA6
01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Lol na man I'm good with my coupe :D 5speed ftw

And yeah man I like how it looks on the SI's.

What stuff? The DC header I sold to (king peetis), AEM intake I still have on the car, replaced the cut springs and struts with used but good stock height suspension. I still have my cupholder and SE-i armrest and I still have the 2g valve cover on the car.

Oh I also still have my JDM duckbill spoiler hopefully I can restore that and find myself another black coupe trunk so I don't have to ruin my trunk and the original spoiler.

oh alright i thought you bought a turbo for it thats why i was asking haha. and if you sell your spoiler from the coupe im willing to take it for mine if you have no use for it later down the road?

oh and also im doing the 5spd swap :D auto just aint cutting it for me :lol:

dacantu
01-31-2011, 09:46 PM
cj and kerry, kerry as in comptonass fame. resident e-thug you know him right? cj is his brother. i've got numerous parts from cj and kerry and simon they're usually together lol.

pete is intense or whatever now yeah, used to be tokyospeedpros in mesa and RC worked there along with ravi.

i'm gonna text you back here in a second.

Ah I see how the puzzle fits toge ther but yeah I'm acquainted with just about every single one of them except CJ and know who Kerry is but haven't had a chance to meet him. And Pete is good people, I had a chance to talk to Jim for a good amount at the UTI carshow the other dayi hadn't had the chance to talk to him in a while.

Oh and some very good updates coming tomorrow guys :) got a lot of work done on the accord today so pics coming tomorrow even though they're already uploaded in my photobucket (hint hint). So new thread will be posted in the project garage or whatever its called. I have to get a paid membership pretty soon here. Ill make sure to provide the link for everyone to follow over to the new thread.

After a long hard days work on the accord I will say good night for now guys ;)

dacantu
01-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Nice wheels! I ditched the tint on mine too. Does your rear window defogger still work?
thanks snooz :) how did your trans problem work out in the end? And as far as the rear defogged it hasn't worked for as far back as I can remember. But to properly remove tint without damaging the defogged lines you have to use steam and the tint comes off in one piece along with the glue. So easy! I've also heard that you can pick up the little lines at o'reilly, Autozone, and pep boys to repair damaged lines.

oh alright i thought you bought a turbo for it thats why i was asking haha. and if you sell your spoiler from the coupe im willing to take it for mine if you have no use for it later down the road?

oh and also im doing the 5spd swap :D auto just aint cutting it for me :lol:

Lol na man i cant I'm keeping all the stocks parts sorry
, you know I'd hook you up though if I was gonna get rid of it. And no Turbo here haha but definitely some goodies tomorrow ;)

dacantu
02-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Here's the link to my new thread boys. Follow it and enjoy what you see. Thanks for all the help, and knowledge you guys have offered to get me as far as I am. If it wasn't for my 3gee or my roots on 3geez.com I wouldnt have gone on to expand my knowledge to the point I am at now! :blah:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1051306&posted=1#post1051306

Dr_Snooz
02-05-2011, 08:18 PM
thanks snooz :) how did your trans problem work out in the end? And as far as the rear defogged it hasn't worked for as far back as I can remember. But to properly remove tint without damaging the defogged lines you have to use steam and the tint comes off in one piece along with the glue. So easy! I've also heard that you can pick up the little lines at o'reilly, Autozone, and pep boys to repair damaged lines.

Lol na man i cant I'm keeping all the stocks parts sorry
, you know I'd hook you up though if I was gonna get rid of it. And no Turbo here haha but definitely some goodies tomorrow ;)

Oh sorry. I missed this somehow. I binned the trans and bought a rebuilt from www.mantrans.com. They do really good work. I couldn't have done it better myself. The car runs amazingly well now.