PDA

View Full Version : My headlights stopped opening/closing?

dacantu
11-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Alright guys so the other day my headlights started acting up.

So when I would start my car I would turn on my lights right afterward and they would begin to flip up and down like crazy until I turned them off.

I would then turn the car off and turn the light back on beforre turning on the car and they would stay up like normal. so I was okay with that until.......

My headlights just stayed up even when turned off? hmmm

i checked the fuses for the retractors and all are fine. what makes me question it is that they would both go up and down together and both of them got stuck in the open position together.

What could this be?

dacantu
11-26-2009, 05:54 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1986-1987-1988-1989-HONDA-ACCORD-HEADLIGHT-CONTROL-UNIT_W0QQitemZ250527666295QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3a549cd077

Could this be the problem????

Pico
11-26-2009, 05:58 PM
it may be your headlight switch on the dash, lxacc510 had the same problem and I did was replace his switch

dacantu
11-26-2009, 06:15 PM
you might be right because i had to remove that to switch out the air condition vent. i might have just left the connection loose. ill look into it

Bluntman
11-26-2009, 08:54 PM
you might be right because i had to remove that to switch out the air condition vent. i might have just left the connection loose. ill look into it

Yep switch in the dash. I went to the jy pulled one and no prob.

Rendon LX-i
11-26-2009, 09:00 PM
The crew said it all. The switch it is.

dacantu
11-27-2009, 12:54 AM
thanks guys i tried messing with the connections in the back but it wasnt it. so tomorrow ill be makin a trip to the JY

Bluntman
11-27-2009, 06:04 AM
thanks guys i tried messing with the connections in the back but it wasnt it. so tomorrow ill be makin a trip to the JY
Mine did not work since I bought it. So I replaced the dash switch and worked perfectly ever since.Hope it works out.

Bluntman
12-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Well how did everything work out for you?

lostforawhile
12-04-2009, 10:31 AM
let me know if you need a switch i have about 10 of them , and i can get you a headlight module from the yard for practically nothing, the one on ebay looks like a prelude one, not an accord, the accord one is gray and says stanley

dacantu
12-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Hey guys it was just the little switch. You all were right :). I barely picked it up on Monday on half off day and they gave it to me for free at the JY. All I payed was the $2 admission. Then coming back to school from the JY my transmission slipped really bad and completely stopped accelerating while i was on the highway so i pulled over checked fluid and it was full. So transmission is gone. Now its parked at my mechanics until i get out of school. Then he'll let me do my MT swap using his hydraulic lift and tools and knowledge. Lol.

So as you guys can see the trip to the JY for a little headlight switch was not worth it. I guess i would have lost my transmission soon enough anyways.

Anyways thanks alot Lost. All of you guys have been very helpful lately. I appreciate it

Civic Accord Honda
12-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Damn that sucks about the transmission, 5speed FTW (Ive managed to break 2 of those still LOL )

dacantu
12-04-2009, 11:54 AM
i might have it rebuilt before installing it though. depends on $

Civic Accord Honda
12-04-2009, 01:06 PM
I ruined a rebuilt one by being a fool and going 65 miles out of town with low oil in it doh!,
the first one i blew was because it had a leak and i couldn't get the filler bolt to come off and ran it completely out of oil on the way to get a parts car lol it had bad syncros anyway, still pissed i fucked the rebuilt one up tho would still have my 3gee if i would of taking it to the shop to get the filler bolt off that one and filled it up

dacantu
12-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Damn man that sux. Iwould forthat to happen ever rebuilt or not just the idea of it being danaged because of low fluid would be te worse. And yeah we'll see if j even rebuild it orjust take it out and rebuild it later