PDA

View Full Version : shock compatibility with 1989 accord

davidshonda
11-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Does Koni make any Koni yellow for the 89 accord hatch? I couldnt find any. Are there any other honda koni yellow work? maybe from prelude?
thanks in advance:confused:

ghettogeddy
11-30-2009, 11:02 PM
not that i know of they had some reds but there few and far between

AccordB20A
11-30-2009, 11:27 PM
yellows from the BA5 prelude work im running them in the front of mine

markmdz89hatch
12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
it's a tough question, but the long and short is no.

To be honest, the idea of a BA5 'lude (fronts only) being a direct fit is new to me, but if someone is running it, I'm not going to argue.

If you do some searching around, you'll find that some have used Civic or even 4G Accord, or other Prelude applications with some success, and some have done it along with a "top-hat mod". Please please please don't do the top-hat mod. True it's been driven on and put through some paces, and doesn't appear to have failed (yet), but the set just doesn't put or keep the load on the proper points, and I wouldn't trust it.

MessyHonda
12-01-2009, 07:41 PM
it's a tough question, but the long and short is no.

To be honest, the idea of a BA5 'lude (fronts only) being a direct fit is new to me, but if someone is running it, I'm not going to argue.

If you do some searching around, you'll find that some have used Civic or even 4G Accord, or other Prelude applications with some success, and some have done it along with a "top-hat mod". Please please please don't do the top-hat mod. True it's been driven on and put through some paces, and doesn't appear to have failed (yet), but the set just doesn't put or keep the load on the proper points, and I wouldn't trust it.

yeah on prelude power some 3rd gen guys were running the 3gee accord konis in the front...im sure they will fit because i think they use the same front knuckel

davidshonda
12-09-2009, 05:20 PM
for sure.. ill look more into it. thanks alot

MessyHonda
12-10-2009, 12:57 PM
You might want to check out ksports... For almost 800 u can have one o the most adjustble suspensions