PDA

View Full Version : Another Interior Paint Thread

canadian357
12-02-2009, 01:15 AM
So I painted a crapload of my interior parts today. I went to a local paint specialty shop and picked up the best plastic and vinyl primer they had, sanded and washed everything, and used some left over low gloss black engine enamel I had. All the hard pieces turned out fantastic, but for some reason the black wont stay on my armrest. The white primer will but thats all. Any ideas?

LewZur
12-16-2009, 12:08 PM
So I painted a crapload of my interior parts today. I went to a local paint specialty shop and picked up the best plastic and vinyl primer they had, sanded and washed everything, and used some left over low gloss black engine enamel I had. All the hard pieces turned out fantastic, but for some reason the black wont stay on my armrest. The white primer will but thats all. Any ideas?

Adhesion Promoter works great, I use it and have never had any problems. I've also used the Krylon for plastic paint alone and had it work out great, not many color choices though.

lostforawhile
12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
it may be oils coming through the primer, those armrests absorb a ton of skin oils like a sponge, you might check into going to an upholstery shop and having it wrapped, it's cheaper then you might think, and much more durable on those areas then paint. I will probably wrap mine, but it's a pain to do so it's smooth.