PDA

View Full Version : battery light comes on??

Low Tek
10-04-2002, 10:47 PM
:banghead:

I have looked for loose wires, changed the battery, the cables, the ends, and every now and then when I hit a bump.. the battery light comes on, and stays on until I shut it off (the car)

dXsquared
10-04-2002, 11:07 PM
oh no
Travis

Low Tek
10-05-2002, 01:54 AM
you know... I have never liked it when people say uh oh, or oh no, when comes to cars.. what does this mean???

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-05-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Low Tek
you know... I have never liked it when people say uh oh, or oh no, when comes to cars.. what does this mean???
Well in this case I think "oh no" means Mr. Alternator :banghead:

If you have a voltmeter/multitester, you can check how much voltage it's putting out while it's running, and that should tell you whether the alternator is going bad or not. I can't remember exactly what it should be at, but I think it's around 14.5V or so

Low Tek
10-05-2002, 02:02 AM
damn this sucks lol

but at least I can fix it

smufguy
10-05-2002, 07:09 AM
it could also be a bad ground on ur tranny. if ur battery light comes on every time u hit a bump but never comes on if u dont hit a bump, it could also be that one of the ground wires is loose or is dirty in contact points. Check the ground on ur tranny and the one from your valve cover.

YOU DO THE ALTENATOR. if altenator is the problem u do it. yeah its hard, but do it. dont let the shop charge u 100 bucks just to put that shit in.

YK86
10-05-2002, 10:51 AM
It might be the brushes in the alternator.