PDA

View Full Version : integra rear disk

geej07
12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
i was reading around on here an is it true that you cant use integra rear disk? an why wouldn't they fit? because like most people on here se-i are impossible to find here. i found a teg rear disk swap for cheap an just figured i would ask before i bought it.

Rendon LX-i
12-03-2009, 09:29 PM
no. they wont fit. ONLY sei rear disk fit

labeledsk8r
12-03-2009, 09:34 PM
but you can send them to me so i can put them on my girls civic :thumbup:

Rendon LX-i
12-03-2009, 09:35 PM
LOL...true. now does go on civics like a dream

geej07
12-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Alright thanks guys. Guess ill just have to get my girl a civic haha. She's got a corolla that knocks bad!

swell
12-14-2009, 12:50 AM
no. they wont fit. ONLY sei rear disk fit

so to get rear disc brakes for a 3rd gen they need to be sei..?

Rendon LX-i
12-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Correct. Sei model. nothing else

swell
12-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Correct. Sei model. nothing else

:slap: have fun tryin to find one of those...looks like its drum brakes...man...

labeledsk8r
12-14-2009, 01:37 AM
:slap: have fun tryin to find one of those...looks like its drum brakes...man...

lol i can find a set in a few hours im guessing only problem for people online is that shiping is expensive. lol noobs

swell
12-14-2009, 02:18 AM
lol i can find a set in a few hours im guessing only problem for people online is that shiping is expensive. lol noobs

couple hours? expensive shipping? like i said...good luck

MessyHonda
12-14-2009, 07:02 PM
keep searching the junkyard till you find one...and remember to grab the prop valve in the engine bay

Oldblueaccord
12-15-2009, 10:07 AM
i was reading around on here an is it true that you cant use integra rear disk? an why wouldn't they fit? because like most people on here se-i are impossible to find here. i found a teg rear disk swap for cheap an just figured i would ask before i bought it.

You could try using the entire knuckle assembly. If the attachments points are the same that might work for you. You didn't say what year Intergra your talking about. I know the front knuckles work off the early 90's cars least the one I tried.

wp

LewZur
12-16-2009, 12:18 PM
keep searching the junkyard till you find one...and remember to grab the prop valve in the engine bay

:werd: or you'll be like me rear discs without prop valve, but I'm going to the jy Saturday and grabbin one might have to be a teg prop valve though.

Importordomestic
12-16-2009, 06:59 PM
You could try using the entire knuckle assembly. If the attachments points are the same that might work for you. You didn't say what year Intergra your talking about. I know the front knuckles work off the early 90's cars least the one I tried.

wp

Did i understand you correctly? you got a 90-93 teg front knuckle to fit the 3rd gen accord?

carotman
12-16-2009, 10:26 PM
The disc itself would work. The SE-i uses the same disc as an EF Civic. The knuckle assembly is totally different.

Edison Carasio
12-29-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm assuming no one makes OEM replacement parts for the SE-i? Might be expensive but if so, you could get same replacement parts an SE-i would use. I'm sure SOME SE-i owner out there in all these years has had to replace their rear brakes :dunno:

stat1K
12-30-2009, 06:19 AM
lx-incredible has had 4-5 sets of rear disks, we have seen maybe 10-11 se-i's in the junkyards, 5 of those had good sets that didn't need rebuilding so we snagged them, the rest we left and they were never taken. it's of course getting harder as these cars get older but now more than ever is when they'll be in the junkyards since 89 was 20 years ago. expensive shipping means like 50 bucks, that's not really that bad if someone were to offer a set for 200-250, 300 for rear disks is a decent price provided everything on them is in decent shape.

i have rear disks on my civic but i only paid 40 for mine (+the cost of the rotors and pads obviously, but the trailing arms with teh brakes were 40 from the junkyard).

huge price difference obviously but nevertheless 300 for some brakes isn't a bad price.

Oldblueaccord
12-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Did i understand you correctly? you got a 90-93 teg front knuckle to fit the 3rd gen accord?

The front arm is very similiar. I mounted them but was not needed really. I have a picture somewhere on here ill see if I can locate it. It was when I was working on the Type R brake conversion.

The rear I have no idea.

wp

stat1K
12-30-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm assuming no one makes OEM replacement parts for the SE-i? Might be expensive but if so, you could get same replacement parts an SE-i would use. I'm sure SOME SE-i owner out there in all these years has had to replace their rear brakes :dunno:

of course the replacement parts are there but that's not what's necessary to mount them, you need the entire rear brake assembly, as in the trailing arm with knuckle. people do not make those replacement parts... so finding a parts car is really the only order.

stat1K
12-30-2009, 09:03 AM
The front arm is very similiar. I mounted them but was not needed really. I have a picture somewhere on here ill see if I can locate it. It was when I was working on the Type R brake conversion.

The rear I have no idea.

wp

trailing arms on the civic/integra are completely different and the way they attach is completely different, so i know for a fact the rears would not even come close. i just wonder about getting se-i cables and figuring a way to bolt up the bracketry and everything from a rear disk setup but still use the existing trailing arm and assembly...

Oldblueaccord
01-03-2010, 02:24 PM
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4171/acuravshondaknuckle.th.jpg (http://img689.imageshack.us/i/acuravshondaknuckle.jpg/)

The left one is the accord the right is the integra. I mounted it for fit ment and that was it. i dunno where the alignment would fall with this.

There seems to be enough interest that I might make a project for 2010 to find a rear disc brake setup to work on our drum brake knuckle. Im thinking there is a civic front rotor that is like 9 inches might be a place to start.

wp