PDA

View Full Version : Create an "aux" plug between SE-i head unit and amp?

w261w261
12-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I have a dead-stock SE-i Bose system, and was wondering if I could somehow splice an auxiliary input between the head unit preamp output and the amp under the rear deck, so that my Palm Pre could play through the car's system. Anyone done anything like that before? Alternately, maybe I could somehow substitute the new Aux input for the tape player, which I don't use anyway. If it could be done, is the signal coming out of my phone in need of preamplification, or is the phone essentially the preamp, and it just needs an amp? Or is the whole thing too complicated? Thx.

Civic Accord Honda
12-04-2009, 10:41 PM
i think frantik did something like this but with the stock deck not with the bose, if im right then i think theres a thread posted somewhere in here with a diagram but dont remember to clearly lol

ghettogeddy
12-04-2009, 10:46 PM
ya he used the stock deck with the eq

Civic Accord Honda
12-04-2009, 10:58 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44949

carotman
12-07-2009, 11:44 AM
The stock EQ is basically a dumb unit with signal comming from the radio than it returns to the radio with altered sound.

You could use the stock EQ plug to feed your palm's music to the system.

lostforawhile
12-07-2009, 12:20 PM
if you have an audio signal in to the eq, get one of those line level audio video switchers, like you to connect multiple devices in your house, and just use the audio in out functions on it, use the output on it to go to the eq, then use one input for the radio and one input for your aux device and you might have an extra input you can use to run something else, mount the box under a seat and run the audio cables under the carpet.

w261w261
12-07-2009, 04:05 PM
I haven't ever had my head unit out, but it's not the regular Honda unit, and I don't know if it has any kind of output to an EQ or not on it. I'm betting that it just has the plug to the amp. If that is the case, if I put some kind of switch in there where I could select either the head unit output or the Pre's output to go to the amp, then it might be ok. But I have no idea of the relative magnitude of the Pre's signal compared to the the head unit's signal.

frantik
12-07-2009, 04:53 PM
the easiest way is using the external in/out that is meant for use with the CD or EQ. the level is about line level and works great with my ipod

You dont even need the eq, you just need to feed the signal through the little connector dealy in the back of the radio. i'm sure the seis have the same thing otherwise it wouldnt connect with the eq or cd player