PDA

View Full Version : Idle drop

fogged
12-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Well its been minute for me being on here, so hello again to all.

I have a bit of a problem with my Idle. It has been dropping to around 250rpm when I hit the brakes to stop. Other than that its fine. Cold idle is right (1500rpm), and at running temp the idle is good (about 850rpm). It only drops off when I use the brakes.
Any help on this would be great. Thanx....

1987AccordLx-i
12-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Well its been minute for me being on here, so hello again to all.

I have a bit of a problem with my Idle. It has been dropping to around 250rpm when I hit the brakes to stop. Other than that its fine. Cold idle is right (1500rpm), and at running temp the idle is good (about 850rpm). It only drops off when I use the brakes.
Any help on this would be great. Thanx....

take a peek at the check valve on your brake booster... could be clogged or bad... other then that just check for vac leaks

fogged
12-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanx for the help on this one. The boster was a bit clogged up. It seams to be bake to normal. Still a lil drop off but not as much. Drops to about a 750rpm now. Im ok with that for now.

1987AccordLx-i
12-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanx for the help on this one. The boster was a bit clogged up. It seams to be bake to normal. Still a lil drop off but not as much. Drops to about a 750rpm now. Im ok with that for now.

hmm... keep cleaning out the check valve and check your vac pressure in the manifold... when i checked it was 19 inches of mercury.. and i was told thats good... so see if its around where mine is.. another thing.. if the idle randomly drops... check your fast idle valve.. that could be clogged up also.. hope it helps :cool: